Opinion Who wins the Premiership? (Updated poll - Updated for Prelims))

Who wins the 2020 Flag - Prelim finals onward

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 36 10.3%
  • Brisbane Lions

Votes: 57 16.3%
  • Richmond Tigers

Votes: 154 44.1%
  • Geelong Cats

Votes: 102 29.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In other words we won't win it. We will make the Cats in 2008 look like sharp shooters by comparison

Less about kicking and more about whats happening between the ears. Few of them go in and it can turn quickly.

I'd rather be where we are (lot of shots on goal but missing) to very few shots overall. It shows we are capable, just lacking the polish in the finish line. It'll come.

I think only three teams can win it. Geelong, West Coast and Richmond. I think Geelong if I had to pick one.

I think Brisbane can make a Grand Final, I am just not sure even at home if they could win against any of those three who are much more experienced.

Port and the Saints to maybe win a final but I don't think they are as well drilled as the other four.

Less about kicking and more about whats happening between the ears. Few of them go in and it can turn quickly.

I'd rather be where we are (lot of shots on goal but missing) to very few shots overall. It shows we are capable, just lacking the polish in the finish line. It'll come.

Agree it's between the ears and not confident we could be accurate under that amount of pressure. But yes if we start off well we may get on a roll. We did kick well V Bombers but the pressure there was almost non existent.

True but they look unsettled, harassed and pressured all night.
Tigers have their number I think

not sure the big song and dance about Richmond’s performance last night. How many games have west coast won away from Perth this season?? They have a terrible record away from the comforts of their home deck in 2020. Could see this result coming and think a lot of teams would have beaten them last night.

Nobody looks the Real Deal yet in 2020, tbh... but Richmond looks best. West Coast’s position has been inflated by the run of Perth games, Geelong looked nowhere near it a month ago, Port have been found out while Brisbane hasn’t clicked yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Against Richmond, WC had Williams, O'Neill, Reid, Brander and Rotham all with 10 games or less. Hopefully these guys all turn out to be AFL quality but that's quite an inexperienced bottom 5, particularly the first 3 who debuted in successive weeks. WC need to get back the likes of Yeo, Redden, Allen and Waterman to avoid that soft underbelly.

Richmond, to their credit, are more advanced in the development of their supporting cast. They've got Bolton playing midfield and Balta holding down a key defensive post. WC's best young talent are back-up key forwards in Allen and maybe Waterman. It's unfortunate what happened to Venables and Rioli. Two young premiership players who should be in their prime but are instead on the sidelines indefinitely.

I don't see WC winning it this year. I just think it's going to be a bridge too far, firstly to finish top 4 and then to win 3 finals on the road.

Last edited:
Against Richmond, WC had Williams, O'Neill, Reid, Brander and Rotham all with 10 games or less. Hopefully these guys all turn out to be AFL quality but that's quite an inexperienced bottom 5, particularly the first 3 who debuted in successive weeks. WC need to get back the likes of Yeo, Redden, Allen and Waterman to avoid that soft underbelly.

Richmond, to their credit, are more advanced in the development of their supporting cast. They've got Bolton playing midfield and Balta holding down a key defensive post. WC's best young talent are back-up key forwards in Allen and maybe Waterman. It's unfortunate what happened to Venables and Rioli. Two young premiership players who should be in their prime but are instead on the sidelines indefinitely.

I don't see WC winning it this year. I just think it's going to be a bridge too far, firstly to finish top 4 and then to win 3 finals on the road.
Richmond has 5 players under 23 games as well... and are waiting for there best 2 players from last year in Prestia and edwards.. and our full back in Astbury.
I think our team has more improvement left in it than yours from last night.

In my opinion the favourites are in this order.

1: Richmond (not only do the have the game plan to beat West Coast they have the cattle to do it as was proven last night)

2: West Coast (If they can improve their ground ball game they can beat Richmond if not they cannot, and I suspect they will need to if they want to win the lot. need to win at least three of the next four)

3: Geelong (have been playing at a high level consistently)

4: Port (Sitting top of the ladder for a reason , if they can be a little less reliant on Dixon they will go to another level and stay there for a while)

5: Brisbane (I would have them equal favorites if the could kick straight )

6: Bulldogs (on their day they can beat anyone and are very hard to stop when they have momentum)

7: Saints (They are building, might be a bridge to far this year but they are starting to look ominus)

8: Collingwood (get players back from injury and start to click they will be dangerous, have done really well to be in the 8 with their injury list, desperately need a gun full forward )

Richmond has 5 players under 23 games as well.
What do you mean "as well"?

WC had a first-gamer, a second-gamer and a third-gamer.

Clearly Richmond are more advanced in the development of their supporting cast.

and are waiting for there best 2 players from last year in Prestia and edwards.. and our full back in Astbury.
I think our team has more improvement left in it than yours from last night.
I disagree, although I don't think it will make a difference.

Also, Prestia and Edwards aren't actually your two best players, are they?

The game against Geelong will make or break Richmonds season.

Win that and they'll be top 4 and given they'd be facing either Port in SA or Brisbane in Brisbane, would rate them.

Lose to Geelong and they'll end up 5-6th and it would be really hard for them.
That assumes WC don't let another game slip on the run home.

Told you West Coast can't and won't beat the main contenders in QLD.

Recency bias at play again.
We had a better 22 in for the Geelong game a few weeks back.I keep the faith and with a bit of acclimatization a few seasoned campainers back and a non concussed full forward I reckon we can smash the * out of the top four in Brisbane

Back