Prediction Changes and Pre match discussion vs Essendon round 15 @ The Gabba.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just on that: " Cripps can’t leave the house to go to the hospital for the birth - WA’s quarantine laws - but he can be with his wife until the big moment at home. "

Doesn't that entirely defeat the purpose of quarantine? JC has to quarantine for 2 weeks, exposing his wife to whatever he brings. Within that time she goes to the hospital...would've thought for it to work they would both have to be shielded away for 2 weeks after being in contact.

To be perfectly honest he is lucky to be allowed back in. Plenty of people with just as compelling reasons haven’t been but again it proves rules for some and not for others .

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Doesn't that entirely defeat the purpose of quarantine? JC has to quarantine for 2 weeks, exposing his wife to whatever he brings. Within that time she goes to the hospital...would've thought for it to work they would both have to be shielded away for 2 weeks after being in contact.

Given that he's been regularly tested and had limited contact with people, he's very low risk.

We won a flag based on playing good footy.

Marketing slogans are meaningless.
That was clearly more than a marketing slogan. Wasn’t it pretty in-house for that season until we won the flag as well?

I remember ‘Time To Hunt’ more from 2018.

Cripps going home to look ensure baby and mum are safe and well is the best thing for Cripps, his family and match selection.

Like the call from whoever said Kelly into more hff role. Would be a loss to the mids especially missing yeo already but I like the sound of Kelly and Cameron going into our forward line replacing Cripps (who id obviously prefer to keep in the team) and Reid.

Redden to take Kelly's spot. One of Sheed or Gaff or whoever is spending more time lately on the wing to the spend more in the guts too and then Jetts to the vacant wing.

On SM-N950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I expect Devon Smith to miss after seeing this. Horrible look.

edit - maybe not. Seems to have escaped with a fine. That’s a straight red in the world game an action like that. Could have popped Gunston’s ACL with an act like that.

I expect Devon Smith to miss after seeing this. Horrible look.

edit - maybe not. Seems to have escaped with a fine. That’s a straight red in the world game an action like that. Could have popped Gunston’s ACL with an act like that.

A fine?

That was a considered action unlike a reflex ‘poke the leg out’ action. Deserved time.

MRO weak as......

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

I’m pumped to see how we handle the next few games. Our destiny is in our hands, we can either go to water and live with a bunch of excuses like a bunch of fairy Freo supporters or we can man up, own our s**t, get naked and start a revolution

Seriously?

There's 4 games to go and we're a game plus percentage off of top spot and you want us not to bother and "play the kids"?
FMD!

We're a very good team at the moment.
I don't think anyone would consider us as elite.

There's no more adversity than most other clubs.

Just try and get the 4 points next week and we move on.

Our best 22 is most definitely elite. Unfortunately, we’re currently missing over a third of them.

Sorry to be a pessimist, but look at who’s coming up: Bombers (with a revived Daniher), Bulldogs, Saints, North. All winnable, but also very very losable. Especially the first three.

Plus lately, we’re not great at responding once opponent has huge margin. E.g. the way Bombers did against Hawks yesterday, or Geelong against Bulldogs tonight. Seems we need to be within 3 goals to not get deflated. We’re also not great at scoreboard-pressuring losing opponents and keeping our margin at a safe distance. Most manage to uncomfortably close the gap.

My pessimism isn’t due to Richmond game. This season, the only game where we took on the game and looked scary was against Collingwood. It is now round 14. One scary high confidence game out of 13? That’s not the greatest position to be in. Even if we keep winning. We’re bound to slip up against an easy side, as we did in hub v1.

Pessimism is also due to our missing personnel, or usually good and dependable players being down on form e.g Yeo (early), Cripps and Cameron. Puts us in extremely vulnerable position if anything happens to any top shelf player during this crunch - our reserves are very scant, and We are basically 2 injuries or 2 losses away from becoming Collingwood in 2020 - (with their bad run of injuries and personnel).

I love this team to bits, but not kidding myself about this year. Other teams in the hunt are just in a much better spot, with better players to come in / use as backup.

We have JK, Cripps, Allen, Nelson, Yeo, Waterman, Redden, Jetta, Cameron to come in, which will be great, but with compressed fixture, their influence before finals will be in doubt. (Especially Yeo and Waterman).

On a positive note, Yeo heading to QLD Sunday, so hopefully Sparks up the boys, but hopefully they don’t rush him. Need him for one of Saints or Bulldogs.

I love Crippa and what he's done for the club, and good on him for the I decision he's made to come home (anyone questioning that is off their head)

I also don't think he's as crucial as what he's made out to be. I get the kms he runs and the importance that has in our game plan. But I also reckon he can be a bit of momentum killer at times through basic skills errors.

Would love to see Jetta take the role for just one game and see what happens.

Was hoping to see this, cheers.

As I've suspected just from viewing, the mid mix is all messed up. Essentially only 4 mids taking the centre square, one being Gaff. We never have played our best football when Gaff is at the centre bounces.

Brander playing the other wing stuffs around with everything. Gaff can't be only an outside wing guy when Brander is filling the other wing, meaning Gaff has to play more inside. I've loved his commitment to the contest this year, but it's just not his strong suit.

Fingers crossed Redden coming back gets the balance back a little

Was hoping to see this, cheers.

As I've suspected just from viewing, the mid mix is all messed up. Essentially only 4 mids taking the centre square, one being Gaff. We never have played our best football when Gaff is at the centre bounces.

Brander playing the other wing stuffs around with everything. Gaff can't be only an outside wing guy when Brander is filling the other wing, meaning Gaff has to play more inside. I've loved his commitment to the contest this year, but it's just not his strong suit.

Fingers crossed Redden coming back gets the balance back a little

I thought we looked better in the first half with Brander playing forward and O’Neill taking the odd centre square rotation. Not sure why they switched in the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back