Religion Ask a Christian - Continued in Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I left this thread for 12 months, and came back, I would still read the same diatribe of sad and negative lost souls trying to convince Christians to renounce their faith.

Actually I'm not trying to convince you to renounce your 'faith'. You are free to believe in whatever you like, just as I am free to question assertions made without supporting evidence.

It's your proselytizing that I object to, which moves beyond than simply 'Ask a Christian'. When you present your 'faith' as undeniable fact then on a public forum it's going to be scrutinised by those who seek better reasons than "faith" to determine the truth.

Take a deep breath, and calm down.

I'm regretting tagging you back in here, I know you wanted to get away. Just remember, you don't have to respond to these 'dark and pathetic explanations'; you don't have to read this thread at all.
I feel compelled to do so when the thread is titled Ask A Christian, not How Do We Get Christians To See The Light. One poster has already said as much. I am very relaxed and calm. It is a privilege to be able to share the joy of my faith.

I feel compelled to do so when the thread is titled Ask A Christian, not How Do We Get Christians To See The Light. One poster has already said as much. I am very relaxed and calm. It is a privilege to be able to share the joy of my faith.
Now you are; when you penned that diatribe, you were not relaxed at all.

All I'm saying is that you don't need to respond to the barbed commentary that pervades this thread. I'm not doing this to be superior or to 'win'.

You wanted out before, and I only tagged you because I don't think it's right to talk about people without them being aware of it.

Now you are; when you penned that diatribe, you were not relaxed at all.

All I'm saying is that you don't need to respond to the barbed commentary that pervades this thread. I'm not doing this to be superior or to 'win'.

You wanted out before, and I only tagged you because I don't think it's right to talk about people without them being aware of it.
But I was- energised by the opportunity. I like to be emphatic at times, not lukewarm.

Not at all. It makes no difference in the final assessment if you chose to reject God. He is still God, and the ultimate decisions will be made, whether you plead not interested or not.He reaches out to you, via people like us, via whatever method, and fair enough you reject it. The message is that all people are to have had an opportunity to know about Jesus and to then make their choices, before He returns again. There is no way out of this.

You are moving goalposts now. You said you are guided by god, life changing this and that cause you invited him into your life. Now you said everyone has god in their life. So how can an atheist have god in his life, isn't it about free will? god decides to have agents like you, like 2nd hand car salesmen to preach his message? gee, he already did a pretty s**t job with Bible and Koran, you would reckon he would/could do a lot better than this to preach his message.

Not worthy a reply.
One God.
Millions of false gods.
Jesus is the key to what we are discussing here.

Allah isn't? so you are telling me 1.9 billion people are worshipping the false god? in this thread Muslims said Bible is not authentic and Jesus is not god. Didn't they? see how logic works? no one outside of mainstream christianity believes Jesus is god btw, not the jews, not muslims nor the Hindus or atheists, that's about 5 billion people. Even many christian sects agree, like Gnosticism. Your entire hypothesis rests on the premise that Jesus is god. Sorry to say, vast majority disagrees. You are the one worshipping the false god it seems.

Not at all. It makes no difference in the final assessment if you chose to reject God. He is still God, and the ultimate decisions will be made, whether you plead not interested or not.He reaches out to you, via people like us, via whatever method, and fair enough you reject it. The message is that all people are to have had an opportunity to know about Jesus and to then make their choices, before He returns again. There is no way out of this.
We're not interested in what you're selling or the methods you're using to sell it. That's what I meant by saying you're answering questions that nobody has asked (or few have asked, anyway).

This isn't Sunday school where you get to set the agenda and proselytise. This is where you get the opportunity to answer our questions, no? You've failed in that respect, failed to answer the questions that could save us and turn us to the light.

Why did god fail to equip you with the wisdom and knowledge to answer our questions? It's not that we're sad and negative; I view this as a comedy thread.

You are moving goalposts now. You said you are guided by god, life changing this and that cause you invited him into your life. Now you said everyone has god in their life. So how can an atheist have god in his life, isn't it about free will? god decides to have agents like you, like 2nd hand car salesmen to preach his message? gee, he already did a pretty sh*t job with Bible and Koran, you would reckon he would/could do a lot better than this to preach his message.
If god is working in my life against my will, I feel that my human rights have been violated.

It reminds me of Mary's virgin pregnancy. Did that young girl give consent? Does god need our consent for anything or can he do what he wants because he's a deity?

If god is working in my life against my will, I feel that my human rights have been violated.

It reminds me of Mary's virgin pregnancy. Did that young girl give consent? Does god need our consent for anything or can he do what he wants because he's a deity?

Accept god and then you will have god in your life and he will guide you

Nek Minit

Everyone has god in their life cause he created you and he guides you although you don't know it.

Talk about a trainwreck in slow motion.

Btw you are guided by the Christian god i assume? damn, allah must be disappointed.

We're not interested in what you're selling or the methods you're using to sell it. That's what I meant by saying you're answering questions that nobody has asked (or few have asked, anyway).

This isn't Sunday school where you get to set the agenda and proselytise. This is where you get the opportunity to answer our questions, no? You've failed in that respect, failed to answer the questions that could save us and turn us to the light.

Why did god fail to equip you with the wisdom and knowledge to answer our questions? It's not that we're sad and negative; I view this as a comedy thread.

Imagine the instructions from god. Homosexuals are going to hell, evolution is false, science is a big lulz..abortion is sinful...god's manual needs updating. He needs to a hold a seminar and educate his agents to the latest version. If god was listed in the exchange, heavy selling would bankrupt his company by now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine the instructions from god. Homosexuals are going to hell, evolution is false, science is a big lulz..abortion is sinful...god's manual needs updating. He needs to a hold a seminar and educate his agents to the latest version. If god was listed in the exchange, heavy selling would bankrupt his company by now.
On the ASX, that would be true.

In the US, his stocks would be going parabolic. You've listed Trump's reelection campaign right there.

Not worthy a reply.
One God.
Millions of false gods.
Jesus is the key to what we are discussing here.

Go and attack Amalek,” Samuel tells Saul, speaking for God. “Utterly destroy all that they have; do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey” (1 Sam. 15:3) Old Testament. Your god.

Go and attack Amalek,” Samuel tells Saul, speaking for God. “Utterly destroy all that they have; do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey” (1 Sam. 15:3) Old Testament. Your god.
Having children calms people down. That's why the NT god is more relaxed.

Bahahaha

it’s not incumbent on me to explain anything. I’ve never met you and more than likely never will, and if I don’t explain to your satisfaction what peril will befall me?

Why would they need to understand the consequences to not do something they were instructed not to do?
I don’t really care what you do mate, I just enjoy making Christians tap dance around the cornerstone of their beliefs, it amuses me no end.

OT God is often hard to understand. Still God. He tried to teach stubborn people lessons in ways that only He could explain. Are you angry He did that? Or that we believe in Him. Either way, you have no rights to anger as you don't believe in Him.

I have never attended Sunday school.
I am selling nothing other than how I became a Christian and why, and what it means in my daily life- as per direct questions. I can answer these personal questions, because they are real.

I have never attended Sunday school.
I am selling nothing other than how I became a Christian and why, and what it means in my daily life- as per direct questions. I can answer these personal questions, because they are real.
You seem to have good intentions so I'll try to let you down easy.

Nobody wants to know why you believe in fairytales. I'm not sure why you keep coming back because you have nothing of value to offer and even less to gain from replying to posts in this thread.

If you're happy in life, that's all anyone wants.

If you're not happy, or want to keep selling us s**t that we don't need, you'll be eaten alive here.

You seem to have good intentions so I'll try to let you down easy.

Nobody wants to know why you believe in fairytales. I'm not sure why you keep coming back because you have nothing of value to offer and even less to gain from replying to posts in this thread.

If you're happy in life, that's all anyone wants.

If you're not happy, or want to keep selling us sh*t that we don't need, you'll be eaten alive here.

Mate it’s called ‘ask a Christian.’

it’s not
‘Mock a christian’
‘Make a Christian try to justify what they believe in’
‘Ask a Christian what they believe in and then tell them they’re wrong because you disagree with it’

why shouldn’t he post in here?

as for your last point, if he felt like he was being eaten alive I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t post here.

all I’ve seen him post is personal applications of what his belief has done in his life and professions that he believes it is real.

you wouldn’t ask a football fan why they support a team and then tell them they’re wrong just because you don’t see things from the same angle as they do

OT God is often hard to understand. Still God. He tried to teach stubborn people lessons in ways that only He could explain. Are you angry He did that? Or that we believe in Him. Either way, you have no rights to anger as you don't believe in Him.

Lol. I'm angry? I'm replying to your statement that it was a false God who demanded the 911 bombings by quoting a verse which shows that your God, the "true" God did in fact order mass killings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back