Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe: CROWS 2021 RUMOURS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so. Has probably 1 year left and he'll be gone. Obviously you don't want to gut your list of all it's experienced players and leaders, but losing Talia for next year will have no bearing whatsoever when we're next contending for a flag. I know that people get emotional about our 200+ game warriors and nobody is suggesting that we actively choose Hartigan over Talia. But believing that our whole rebuild revolves around keeping Talia for 2021 is absurd.
His impact will be more than just what he produces on field. He will play a huge role in the development of our young key defenders.

Development of our younger players is a huge factor in how this rebuild will go. Look at Carlton and the Dees, so many high draft picks but they couldn't develop them, dragged their rebuild out for years

This would be rare for us. But we've never finished last and stated we're in a full rebuild, so be prepared for decisions to be made that you'd otherwise not expect. There's players in limbo that you'd think should be gone already.

Why go to a s**t team like Essendon though?? If like Brian lake decides to go to a contender at the end of his career and try win a flag, you understand but 1 bad team to another makes no sense at all

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Balme would have been nice but would have been a solution looking for a problem. Really happy with Kelly, love his way. Nicks too. Even Fagan has a bit of a spring in his step at the moment. Let’s back these boys in.
I think you are underselling Balme's influence on a club. He would have been a huge font of knowledge for not only Nicks but Kelly and the board to have been able to utilise. It is no coincidence that the 2 clubs he has spent good time at - Geelong and Richmond, both have set up to win multiple premierships and be highly competitive year in year out

To me, Balme would have been THE no.1 off field appointment our club could have made for what value it would add to the club. Missing getting him on board will be a bloody shame

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to Rowe, Balme had a health scare including being rushed to hospital in an ambulance.
Yeah heard that, something about medical advice is that frequent travel is not advisable. So unless he moved back to SA (which I understand wasn't on the cards), it's no longer possible.
Hope he's ok, and tbh it could be a blessing in disguise, as if we'd employed him and then this happened, we would then have no one. At least this way we can try and get someone else. Disappointing nonetheless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back