Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe: CROWS 2021 RUMOURS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if this has been mention before but it looks like Walker has taken Stengle under his wing, 5AA mentioning Stengle is moving in with Walker and his family,
Well done to Tex if True,
Sounds like Tex, champion bloke, something that gets lost on some supporters.

I did read somewhere he was working out with Tex and a couple of others a couple of weeks ago so you might be on the money.

Don't know if this has been mention before but it looks like Walker has taken Stengle under his wing, 5AA mentioning Stengle is moving in with Walker and his family,
Good on him. With Betts gone and all the trouble Stengle has gotten himself into, he really needs some strong guidance from an older player to sort himself out.

He needs someone to look out for him because Eddie flew Stengle to the GC at his own cost after the incident to try and look after him. Eddie has enough on his plate living in a different State an 4 young children and a 5th on the way.

It just shows that Eddie and Tex are both good blokes.

Stengle is too talented a player to be kicked out of the AFL system at such a young age. He needs some guidance but at some point he has to take responsibility for himself and can’t rely on people to bail him out all the time.

He needs someone to look out for him because Eddie flew Stengle to the GC at his own cost after the incident to try and look after him. Eddie has enough on his plate living in a different State an 4 young children and a 5th on the way.

It just shows that Eddie and Tex are both good blokes.

Stengle is too talented a player to be kicked out of the AFL system at such a young age. He needs some guidance but at some point he has to take responsibility for himself and can’t rely on people to bail him out all the time.
Eddie was also a character reference for Tyson today in court.

I would say Tex brought Tyson in on nappy duty.

Will Kymbo and Rooch will talk about the Duursma thing?

Would be cool to know what Rooch thinks, you know, because he is a Port Supporter.

All the talk of Age of consent reminds me that under division 272 of the Criminal Code Act it is illegal to have sexual intercourse with persons under the age of 16 while overseas. This applies even if the age of consent in the relevant state is lower, for example Italy where it is 14.

What is the relevance of the age of consent in Italy?

Does anyone think we have any more targets in sight? Or is it Hately and the draft for 2020?

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Two names I've heard we've made "enquiries" about were Joel Hamling from Freo and Brayden Ham from the Bombers. I imagine those enquiries happens with a number of players at every club each year though so could mean nothing in the end.

Two names I've heard we've made "enquiries" about were Joel Hamling from Freo and Brayden Ham from the Bombers. I imagine those enquiries happens with a number of players at every club each year though so could mean nothing in the end.
Hamling is cooked sadly for him.

Ham fits the age profile but I'm not quite sure he's what we need.

15 in a normal draft yeah.

That's why I wasn't fussed if he went to Geelong. Pick 11 is about right for Brad. 15 gets pushed to 20 which is unders. Dunstan.... He's not what we need

Why does 15 go to 20? Wouldn't that require players 15-19 in our talent order all be academy/FS kids? 15, bid, miss. 16, bid, miss. 17, bid, miss. Can't see that being the case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why does 15 go to 20? Wouldn't that require players 15-19 in our talent order all be academy/FS kids? 15, bid, miss. 16, bid, miss. 17, bid, miss. Can't see that being the case.
Given you're likely to get 3 bids inside the top 10 (JUH, Jones and Campbell) it's effectively 18 already. I can see 2 or 3 more academy bids after 10.

Given you're likely to get 3 bids inside the top 10 (JUH, Jones and Campbell) it's effectively 18 already. I can see 2 or 3 more academy bids after 10.

Unless trade not including us happens, JUH bid equalises by 15. Jones adds 1. Not sure about Campbell. Presumably he's not bid on pre Swans first, so they do jump in. So that's 17 I suppose.

Does anyone think we have any more targets in sight? Or is it Hately and the draft for 2020?

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's a great question, my view is we will upload on kids for 2 years then start to trade in a few big fish.

If anyone is familiar with the NBA we are taking the approach of the Boston Celtics rebuild and will position yourself with:
1) attain high quality draftees
2) have a chest of picks
3) have cash in the bank for the free agent market

It's a great question, my view is we will upload on kids for 2 years then start to trade in a few big fish.

If anyone is familiar with the NBA we are taking the approach of the Boston Celtics rebuild and will position yourself with:
1) attain high quality draftees
2) have a chest of picks
3) have cash in the bank for the free agent market
I have no doubt at least one of Lukosius and Rankine will be chased hard by us in the next 2 years

I have no doubt at least one of Lukosius and Rankine will be chased hard by us in the next 2 years

I agree, around that time we won't have our best players and will be in a great position to capitalise the off season trade & free agency period.

Unless trade not including us happens, JUH bid equalises by 15. Jones adds 1. Not sure about Campbell. Presumably he's not bid on pre Swans first, so they do jump in. So that's 17 I suppose.
Still think we will end up with it being around 20.

I tend to agree

Caro seemed 100% certain that we weren't getting Pick 2 on the radio yesterday.

Looks like it's going to be an end of first round pick (band 2) which after academy selections etc will end up being a pick in the early 20s.

Rowie was blubbering around trying to claim that we'll keep Crouch, but I think it's obvious at this point that we've passed the point of no return with Crouch and there's no way he is playing for us in 2021.

This will more than likely end up as another classic Crows cockup.

I’m fascinated how the media “know” we aren’t going to get pick 2... Have the AFL come out and said “even if he gets paid $800k, they ain’t getting pick 2”. If the media are sure and know..... then the AFL is even more corrupt than we thought. But I’m sure Daniher is worth a first round compo… same same but different.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back