Analysis The Richmond dynasty

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t care I’m happy And we have Dusty

Serious question where would Richmond be without Dusty? Will you still have three premierships? he is such a big game player I highly doubt Richmond would be three flags to boot without him! just my view don't bite my head off!

Serious question where would Richmond be without Dusty? Will you still have three premierships? he is such a big game player I highly doubt Richmond would be three flags to boot without him! just my view don't bite my head off!

fair question, honestly I don’t know. There is no doubt we play as a team and always give everything but there is also no doubt that we feed off his energy and walk taller when he’s doing his thing

We were one American campaigner from winning 4 in a row tonight. That’s ok we’ll just win it next year at home.
I'm a pessimistic Eagles supporter at the best of times but at the time I had a feeling deep down we'd have won the grand final in 2018 against you blokes.

Who cares? Where would north in the 90’s be without Carey? He’s part of the 22, the most important part but we are a team that works and wins as a whole team, not just relying on one player. The team works to allow dusty to play the way he does.

How do you compare them all? Richmond are a totally different team - they do not score even closely as heavily as the Lions/Cats/Hawks but they do what they do - when it counts they win.

This cats team is not even close to the 07-11 cats team but is that even relevant? You beat who is there. You can pick holes in all the opponents of the respective teams.

All we do know is that Brisbane were the best group of players in Australia in 01-03, the cats were in 07,09 and 11, the Hawks were in 13-14, and the tigers are now in 17,19 and 20. It is an amazing effort for any club to win three.

Hawthorn won four though 😛

Richmond still not done farkin hell when’s the cliff gonna be, not for a long time.

6th oldest premiership team. Not sure about Riewoldt & Houli in 12 months' time. Edwards 32 tomorrow, Cotchin 31 at start of next season, Astbury 30, Martin & Grimes not far behind.

This just might be our last crack at it, had to make it count.

Who cares? Where would north in the 90’s be without Carey? He’s part of the 22, the most important part but we are a team that works and wins as a whole team, not just relying on one player. The team works to allow dusty to play the way he does.

fair enough! I was just being hypothetical.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6th oldest premiership team. Not sure about Riewoldt & Houli in 12 months' time. Edwards 32 tomorrow, Cotchin 31 at start of next season, Astbury 30, Martin & Grimes not far behind.

tbf, only reiwoldt has really lost form though, maybe cotchin but i reckon he was better this year than last. houli and edwards looked as good as ever in the few games the had before and after their break, as do grimes and martin

Melbourne had two chances but Dusty was a bit edgy for them. Funny that they don't get the Tambling/Franklin or Fiora/Pavlich flak that we did.

Daniel Rioli worst triple premiership player of all time? Done literally nothing for four season except play in 3 GFs.
Probably the luckiest. Could have been justifiably dropped many times over the years, but even when he is, a solid 15 possession game in the VFL gets him straight back in. Its dumbfounded me for years, but the match committee have him as just about an automatic.

Strangely our best season was 2018 when we didnt make GF

Gastro in the week leading up to the Prelim and Mason Cox playing one of his few cameos.

Geelong 08

Probably the luckiest. Could have been justifiably dropped many times over the years, but even when he is, a solid 15 possession game in the VFL gets him straight back in. Its dumbfounded me for years, but the match committee have him as just about an automatic.
Im a big critic of dan but there is no doubt he plays his best footy in finals. Not great tonight, but a great finals series

Riewoldt and Houli won't suprise me if one retires, but if they both play on next year they might be one too many.

Edwards hasn't lost a thing, will be a veteran but a performer in 2021. Cotchin is a battering ram but more of a spiritual leader than a prime mover now, his role is more without the ball.

Astbury could have missed tonight, with Balta coming on as long as Broad stays we can get by without him. Ben Miller or Garthwaite coming on next year would help.

Grimes and Martin, certainly no problem for 2021.

The end is coming, but I reckon we can squeeze one more year out of contending.

Then we turn to the next gen and build around Balta, Bolton, Baker, and the others who hopefully come on.

In all honesty, I think we’d have them covered easily but as we all know it doesn’t work that way. Different eras and all. Credit to the Tiges for the now, their system is unbeatable atm. Plus there’s Dusty.
both gameplans are kryptonite to each other.

what a game it would be

Remove this Banner Ad

Back