Autopsy Geelong defeated by Tigers by 31 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes the man who stopped DeGoey and Cameron somehow needs attention way more. WTF.

Explain to me wise sage how 14 touches at 64% with an equal team high 4 clangers is ‘our best’

what about 43% efficiency against Port. Less likely to hit a hooped player than someone in teal.

When he does something worthy of praise he’ll get it, but by and large he’s just a so so contributor.

Quit the name calling....your not in the Bay here...it only diminishes your point...

I just checked the MVP votes by this Board btw...he was clearly voted our best in the Prelim..... So its not just me who thought so.

Agree with a couple of your points, but not all. The cats dominated the second quarter as much as the tigers second half. They had plenty of chances that would have put the cats up by 30 or so at half time but lacked composure and missed too many. During that time, the cats were clearly the faster looking team.

In my opinion, the biggest problem was the cats spent all their tickets in the first half trying to build a big lead, while the tigers paced themselves...and were close enough to take advantage. That’s why the tigers looked faster in the second half. Just my two cents.
your players kicked some great goals from outside 50, and looked imposing.

To say you dominated as much as us is being a little generous. Yes you had chances, but we had Lynch and Jack>r who couldn't take a mark for a half of footy.
Rioli did nothing but fumble half the game. we had our spuds too, its swings and roundabouts....we have a lot of faster players than you do, you have a lot of bigger body players then us.

Cameron will be huge for us just cant win a flag with one forward, hopefully sees the end of people thinking Gary Rohan actually has any talent, guys a genuine D Grader that happens to have pace.

your players kicked some great goals from outside 50, and looked imposing.

To say you dominated as much as us is being a little generous. Yes you had chances, but we had Lynch and Jack>r who couldn't take a mark for a half of footy.
Rioli did nothing but fumble half the game. we had our spuds too, its swings and roundabouts....we have a lot of faster players than you do, you have a lot of bigger body players then us.

It wasn’t that both clubs were horrible per say during those patches, it just looks that way because we play different styles. We played the game on our terms for 1 1/2 qtrs, you blokes played it on yours for 2 1/2qtrs

It wasn’t that both clubs were horrible per say during those patches, it just looks that way because we play different styles. We played the game on our terms for 1 1/2 qtrs, you blokes played it on yours for 2 1/2qtrs
AS a neutral, the big difference was Dusty, he got the Tigers up and about in the second half, i was kinda hoping Dangerman would have gone on him, that would be one helluva duel, two rare talents. Danger may have quelled him, held him,whose too know ?

He copped a lot of sh*t after the QF.
He's always been our best and most reliable defender the last 3-4 seasons. If he must play full back, I have much more faith in him than anyone else we have on the list right now.
For his lack of height, he certainly makes up for it in other areas taller players cannot.
Tom Stewart must play full back? Ok.

I just checked the MVP votes by this Board btw...he was clearly voted our best in the Prelim..... So its not just me who thought so.
Ha ha. Thanks you cheered me up. That has given me a chuckle.
Using this board as evidence. If he was voted our best by the populace then I suggest next year we don't seek a player sponsorship, maybe try and get OPSM to sponsor this board!
Quit the name calling....your not in the Bay here...it only diminishes your point...
Cry more?

You chose to start the convo, you know he's on my shitlist until he actually does something of note, then brought the subterfuge of Kolodjashnij into the debate, now getting upset over a tongue in cheek name because his mention doesn't serve the purpose you were after. He's actually played 2 good finals in 2020.

Parfitt has one okay final and 3 s**t one's, albeit injured tonight.

He is in our underling mid group, our supposed 2nd tier behind the established 4-5. As such he spends more time at HFF and on the wing than contesting centre bounces. No problem you're probably thinking, Danger, Sel, Menegola, Guthrie and Duncan have been good to great this year? But what do players like Duncan, Sidebottom, Gaff, McCluggage as more outside than inside have in common??? Their use of the footy is generally above average to elite.

As it stands this season, Brandan Parfitt had disposal efficiency below 70% in 12 of 18 games, some of those (including 2 finals) were below 50%. That is in the realm of your inside mid bulls like Swan, Dangerfield, Macrae, Kelly, Treloar, Adams etc etc. Except he doesn't have the raw game breaking and game winning impact that these guys do and did have.

IMV he needs to drastically improve at one of those aspects. Either become a crisp user of the footy like Duncan and help us significantly with delivery of the footy (something we will need now Gaz has retired) or he becomes elite at accumulating the footy, clearances and contested possessions and joins that second group, taking the strain off Dangerfield and Selwood. At present he is in no man's land, merely getting praise because he tackles well, a stat derived from NOT HAVING THE FOOTBALL.

AFL Stats pro has tackling as his only category this season that was above average, none were elite, and the rest were below average or poor.

Using this board as evidence. If he was voted our best by the populace then I suggest next year we don't seek a player sponsorship, maybe try and get OPSM to sponsor this board!

If you want to ridicule the judgement of your fellow posters in here, that's your choice.

Says more about you than anything else.

Good night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you;re a big man chappy, well done m8, enjoy this night you big man

Why the hell would you come onto an Oppo's board and show yourself to be a bad sport. Winning gracefully is as important as losing well. You are an embarrassment to RFC fans.

I just wanted to come here to wish you good luck in the offseason, commiserations, thank you for the rivalry and the great contest tonight. I also wanted to say GA Jnr was every bit a freak as his old man - both knew how to scalpel the tigers over the years. Jnr is one of the all time champions and I'll miss seeing him play.

All the best. See you in '21.

Cry more?

You chose to start the convo, you know he's on my shitlist until he actually does something of note, then brought the subterfuge of Kolodjashnij into the debate, now getting upset over a tongue in cheek name because his mention doesn't serve the purpose you were after. He's actually played 2 good finals in 2020.

Parfitt has one okay final and 3 sh*t one's, albeit injured tonight.

He is in our underling mid group, our supposed 2nd tier behind the established 4-5. As such he spends more time at HFF and on the wing than contesting centre bounces. No problem you're probably thinking, Danger, Sel, Menegola, Guthrie and Duncan have been good to great this year? But what do players like Duncan, Sidebottom, Gaff, McCluggage as more outside than inside have in common??? Their use of the footy is generally above average to elite.

As it stands this season, Brandan Parfitt had disposal efficiency below 70% in 12 of 18 games, some of those (including 2 finals) were below 50%. That is in the realm of your inside mid bulls like Swan, Dangerfield, Macrae, Kelly, Treloar, Adams etc etc. Except he doesn't have the raw game breaking and game winning impact that these guys do and did have.

IMV he needs to drastically improve at one of those aspects. Either become a crisp user of the footy like Duncan and help us significantly with delivery of the footy (something we will need now Gaz has retired) or he becomes elite at accumulating the footy, clearances and contested possessions and joins that second group, taking the strain off Dangerfield and Selwood. At present he is in no man's land, merely getting praise because he tackles well, a stat derived from NOT HAVING THE FOOTBALL.

AFL Stats pro has tackling as his only category this season that was above average, none were elite, and the rest were below average or poor.

Who’s comparing Parfitt to those outside wing type players you mention? Nothing like them.

If you want to ridicule the judgement of your fellow posters in here, that's your choice.

Says more about you than anything else.

Good night.
And when presented with a counter argument you’d prefer to dodge it.

You raise Kolo. Argue he didn’t stop DeGoey and Cameron, pivotal match ups to get us further in finals.

Argue my points on BP and, specifically argue how 14 possies and 1 goal was better than Ablett’s 14 and two goals? Hawkins 12 and 2.3. Menegola’s 19 touches. Stewart and Hendo being rocks down back, Selwood or Duncan with 16 and 22 touches respectively. s**t! Even Rohan with 3 goals.

You have a problem with me being critical of him, have all season, during and post games, yet won’t debate it with me, offer rebuttal to what I argue or show where and how he has been good in matches.

At least when nohairandfair goes on about Bews (who has been good in 2020) I just chuck a wow or laugh emoji and let him go on his way. He can think what he likes. But if you want to keep responding to me after games about Parfitt then be prepared to debate it. Not just throw out a comment for some cheap like reactions and rinse and repeat next week.

Cry more?

Parfitt has one okay final and 3 sh*t one's, albeit injured tonight.

Come on David, put down your swiss newspaper and coffee, and say something constructive. Don’t just point to what other users rated him as contributing. The reason this is a topic for debate is people like myself and Baudolino don’t see the reason for the hype. Sp using votes for those who do is largely redundant, we know our view is different to many.

Who’s comparing Parfitt to those outside wing type players you mention? Nothing like them.
That’s entirely the point. He’s nothing like the really good inside mids, and despite spending a lot of time outside the centre bounces is nothing like the elite outside mids either.

After we lost to port in the qualifier I was confident of beating every other team in the finals.
Except for fuggin Richmond
It played out exactly as I expected
I knew it was your fault, & that you'd admit it eventually. Joke aside, watching the 3rd quarter (again) is exactly like the 3rd qtr of the prelim last year. Something the umpires in their stupid somethings. Richmond are taking possession and just dropping the ball when a cat attempts to tackle, over and over and over again...no whistle.

I knew it was your fault, & that you'd admit it eventually. Joke aside, watching the 3rd quarter (again) is exactly like the 3rd qtr of the prelim last year. Something the umpires in their stupid somethings. Richmond are taking possession and just dropping the ball when a cat attempts to tackle, over and over and over again...no whistle.

Umps missed plenty both ways.

They do enough to not give away a free kick.
Hold the ball up so their players can get back.
Little things like that.
They mastered the art of it.

We may of got a few holding HBs frees esp on Houli but pretty sure ump said popped out in the TACKLE.

Umps were alright for most part.
That goal of martin's in the third qtr. The goal umpire stayed hunched over looking strange for a bit after the ball had gone by. I can't see it particularly well from 7's coverage, but the ump looked perplexed amd it must have gone very close to the post.

That goal of martin's in the third qtr. The goal umpire stayed hunched over looking strange for a bit after the ball had gone by. I can't see it particularly well from 7's coverage, but the ump looked perplexed amd it must have gone very close to the post.

Yep.
It was very close.
Funny enough no review.
They have been quick to call for reviews in other games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back