Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
so you think using 20% of victorias police to guard houses is a good use of the resource at this time, with all the other covid related actives they need to do?

What planet are you on? If police stop the spread of COVID the other COVID related activities (whatever they are) disappear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What planet are you on? If police stop the spread of COVID the other COVID related activities (whatever they are) disappear.

so you think police on doors will eliminate the virus? seriously?

then put me on ignore if you dont like me calling your pet theory idiotic.

ive shown you the math, and all you come back with is "but but but we have to open up!!!!!"

My theory is sane. Your theory is illogical. I also never said “open up open up”. Don’t push a narrative that I have not said. What I have said is properly deploy the services we have. You have illogically argued against it by putting some random numbers of police as an bullet proof argument against it.

You are floundering and have been for months on this point. It’s like the use of the police ADF is your last bastion of ALP support and you are defending it stoutly.

It has just been reported no positives in those thousand plus by 7 news, so why did he not wait for that info, and make an announcement tonight.

there are more due tomorrow morning (off mem we have 2000 (?) pending, and the report i heard mentioned 1400 were clear)

My theory is sane. Your theory is illogical. I also never said “open up open up”. Don’t push a narrative that I have not said. What I have said is properly deploy the services we have. You have illogically argued against it by putting some random numbers of police as an bullet proof argument against it.

You are floundering and have been for months on this point. It’s like the use of the police ADF is your last bastion of ALP support and you are defending it stoutly.

explain why ankle monitors are illogical, and why using 20% of the police force instead will deliver a different outcome

As I've said many times, the issues with this a more process than personnel. the companies involved failed to meet the agreed to training requirements, and the dhhs had no onsite monitoring to ensure the contract was being delivered as agreed. and thats not including the dept of jobs failing to ask one questions of the tenderers "where are you getting your labour from given their is a chronic shortage of skilled security personnel in victoria".

there is a reason a keep saying one premier, 3 ministers, and 10-20 dept managers will be paying a price over this.

yes, because an ankle monitor is disfiguring for life

why are you in favour of police guarding the doors to peoples homes, but against monitors?

I dare say the inconvenience of sleeping, showering, getting dressed, etc with an ankle monitor vs having someone knock on your door once or twice a day.

Why is it 20%?

If everyone is home its 0%.

so you think police on doors will eliminate the virus? seriously?

I think that police on doors of the Frankston bitch and the school child would have prevented wide scale spread of the recent outbreaks. That you don’t believe that would occur is illogical.

has the govt offered adf to perform 24/7 home detention on people awaiting results?
You have the same blind spot as the state gov Ned.
They ADF dont offer, a States asks and the ADF say yes or no!

Do you go to a mates house, wet yourself, then when your friend says '"wtf", say to them "hey you didn't offer me the toilet!" ?
NO! You ask for the toilet (or ADF in vics case) if needed!

I dare say the inconvenience of sleeping, showering, getting dressed, etc with an ankle monitor vs having someone knock on your door once or twice a day.

given we have been using them without issue on prisoners for years without problem, i think thats a reach

in any case, an alternate is use a wrist monitor as they are already doing today in Singapore.

explain why ankle monitors are illogical, and why using 20% of the police force instead will deliver a different outcome

Stop with the straw man arguments. I never said ankle monitors are illogical. Why Sutton and Andrews has not used them is also a demonstration of their incompetence.

By all means, use them.

But your argument seems to be about the effective use of police resources rather than whether the use of the police resources would further restrict the spread of the virus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have the same problem as the state gov Ned.
They ADF dont offer, a States asks and the ADF say yes or no!

Do you go to a mates house, wet yourself, then when your friend says '"wtf", say to them "hey you didn't offer me the toilet!" ?
NO! You ask for the toilet (or ADF in vics case) if needed!

okay, if i were to ask for 2500 troops to just sit in front of peoples homes, do you think scomo will agree to that?

remember, this is scotty from marketing, and you are endorsing ADF personal in uniform with armed VicPol sitting in front of peoples doors for up to two weeks. people are already complaining about police state now.

there is a big difference between hotel guard work and having karen from brighton scream at adf people on her lawn on facebook

they started using adf in conjunctions with dhhs stafff to do the door knocks months ago

‘one problem is everyone is a self appointed expert. Including the ones who know they are transmitting the disease.

ironically we have central govt here lambasting the local government for not opening up, yet in Britain the central govt is lambasting local govt for not locking down

every time I get disappointed by Dans lack of announcements. I wait a little and then hear such as Neil mitchell bangin on about how what will be a few days delay being the end of the world.
Neil asks why Victorians are treat like children. That’s cos you sound like one and some people are behaving with child like self control

Last edited:
you idiot - my argument the whole time has been USE MONITORS INSTEAD OF GUARDS

you are a friggin fruit loop.

I pushed for physical monitoring and you argued against it saying it was a waste of resources. I said it was not and then you changed the goal posts stating that ankle monitors should be used instead. I agreed ankle monitors should be used then you cry about it and call me names.

Name calling is not necessary mate

wrong - as was my 12k, its 15k (mine was a few years old)

View attachment 994982
Wikipedia has them at over 21,000, a quick call to my copper mate also had them over the 20,000 mark (his wife is also in HR in the force).

"As of December 2019, Victoria Police had over 21,399 officers, including 1,484 Protective Services Officers and 253 Police Recruits in training, 2 reservists and 3,616 civilian staff and 391 custody officers across 333 police stations. It had a budget of A$3.01 billion."

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

remember, this is scotty from marketing,

Have you conveniently forgotten the marketing makeover podgy andrews went through, or his record breaking budget on employing spin doctors ?
7a4322c8dc331be75050eb3fd662e3d6.jpg
5f7007bff7c95594093034a1aab47083.jpg

Last edited:
I pushed for physical monitoring and you argued against it saying it was a waste of resources. I said it was not and then you changed the goal posts stating that ankle monitors should be used instead. I agreed ankle monitors should be used then you cry about it and call me names.

Name calling is not necessary mate

My friend, ive been saying im in favour of ankle monitors long before i even replied to one of your posts. the reason i opposed your idea was resources because ankle monitors are a better alternative, something ive said to you ad nauseum

Last edited by a moderator:
Wikipedia has them at over 21,000, a quick call to my copper mate also had them over the 20,000 mark (his wife is also in HR in the force).

"As of December 2019, Victoria Police had over 21,399 officers, including 1,484 Protective Services Officers and 253 Police Recruits in training, 2 reservists and 3,616 civilian staff and 391 custody officers across 333 police stations. It had a budget of A$3.01 billion."

read the table, PSO's and the like are excluded because they dont have the same powers as cops (something your guards will need)

the table is also from the VicPol website, so tell them they dont know how many cops they have

read the table, PSO's and the like are excluded because they dont have the same powers as cops (something your guards will need)

the table is also from the VicPol website, so tell them they dont know how many cops they have

They don’t need any powers other than to call the cops if people leave. It’s a deterrence, they aren’t going to be tackling people in the driveway if they try to leave the house.

PSO would be perfect for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back