XBX Xbox Series X/S - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

Also to anyone who missed it, this deal is incredible.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.ozbargain.com.au/node/560256/amp

Basically, you don't HAVE to do the whole Brazilian VPN/Gold thing. You can just buy regular gold (I went with JB for 3x12 months @ $79.95) and then you convert that 36 months for $1 to Ultimate.

So I'm saving over $300 on Ultimate for the next 3 years.

If anyone here is getting a console later, I'd definitely be looking for Gold sales to stock up (the deal is ONLY up to 36 months though, so keep that in mind).

Basically means I have spent $240 for the next 3 years of Series X gaming, as I won't be buying a Series X specific game.
Well s**t. I finally got around to doing this. Spent the 180 bucks on brazilian cards but when I try to do the 1 dollar upgrade its trying to charge me 15. :(

If you've already done it before the conversion goes up to $15.
Is it a one off 15 dollar payment or is it 3 years of 15 a month id be paying? If its just a once off Im happy to just pay that.

Thanks mate. I'll give her a whirl.
Yeah, basically it'll look like you're going to pay a recurring fee but it adds that onto the end of your sub.

I think it's basically THE way to get Ultimate. You do Gold + Upgrade. It means you can get Gold when it's cheap, let your sub lapse, then re-sub and upgrade for $15. So you're paying $95 for the year rather than a couple of hundred.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe you did the $1 conversion thing on accident before stacking? Even then $15 is still an ok fee considering the benefits.
I know I did the $1 conversion back in April or so, but according to OzBargin as long as its not active it should work. No biggy, I thought the conversion meant I only paid $36 ($1 a month) rather than 15 a month, not just 1 dollar all up so Im fine to pay 15 for 3 years.

It’s a beautifully packaged console, love it.
I opened mine upside down and thought it was stupid. Didn't realise til I was packing it back up what I had done and realised that yes it is quite nice.

do any of you have both the ps5 and xbx? and what are your overall impressions of each console across various aspects — dashboard ease of use, lag in menus, overheating, controllers, various apps available on one not the other, load times of games, storage issues, cost of online subscription, any framerate issues in game, better graphics etc.

basically ignoring first party games as a topic, which console do you think is better.

do any of you have both the ps5 and xbx? and what are your overall impressions of each console across various aspects — dashboard ease of use, lag in menus, overheating, controllers, various apps available on one not the other, load times of games, storage issues, cost of online subscription, any framerate issues in game, better graphics etc.

basically ignoring first party games as a topic, which console do you think is better.
Considering the ps5 hasn't been released yet, the Xbox is definitely better

Remove this Banner Ad

Back