XBX Xbox Series X/S - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

Lucid Sound LS35X work very well, they pop up on Microsoft store on ebay at a discounted price every few months

Stretch the budget and get some of these:

Super comfortable and great sound, doesn't get sore even after hours

XB1.png

Won't be getting the console for a while, but I still splurged on a new controller for my pc gaming (and some old xbox one action too).

Are any stores opening up some more pre-orders like the PS5?

Don't really want to go through Telstra as I would be using Mums account and would make paying for it painful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone review the controller
I need a newie for my one and pc... the s/x controller is backwards compatible so I may splurge on that instead.
It's much better. Feels better balance wise and is more responsive. I definitely don't notice it as much or worry about greasing it up as much after longer gaming sessions. The share button took me a while to get used to but I'm good with it now.

It's much better. Feels better balance wise and is more responsive. I definitely don't notice it as much or worry about greasing it up as much after longer gaming sessions. The share button took me a while to get used to but I'm good with it now.

I used it last night, overall grip is a lot better..... the analog stick seems a little more loose ? I don't have as much control in Rocket League as I had on an older Xbox controller, arghhh lol.

I used it last night, overall grip is a lot better..... the analog stick seems a little more loose ? I don't have as much control in Rocket League as I had on an older Xbox controller, arghhh lol.
I like the looseness, it feels lighter to me which is good when you play something like Valhalla which is so smooth you're adjusting direction before you land. The triggers are the big winner for me, much quieter but don't feel spongy, or overly mechanic.

Where is the best place or the best way to keep track of stock availability for the console?

I like the looseness, it feels lighter to me which is good when you play something like Valhalla which is so smooth you're adjusting direction before you land. The triggers are the big winner for me, much quieter but don't feel spongy, or overly mechanic.

Yeah the triggers are a big plus, feel more comfortable pressing (thus more accurate!).

I'd probably monitor this Twitter feed https://twitter.com/PressStartAU (although its mostly PS5 stuff today)

They seem to have put out posts whenever they are available

Someone tag me if a retailer announces more consoles. I don't check my twitter near enough. lol.

Do Telstra still have Series X's as part of their deal? My Mrs and our broadband are through Telstra so that might not be a bad option. I thought I was OK to wait until March or something, but now I have FOMO....

Do Telstra still have Series X's as part of their deal? My Mrs and our broadband are through Telstra so that might not be a bad option. I thought I was OK to wait until March or something, but now I have FOMO....
Says shipping December 2020

i went into Telstra shop today, they said plan also includes two years worth of xbox live, which is part of the repayment plan, approx 900 all up over 24 months

they said no consoles in warehouses right now and wait till December, could even be a delay, but also could even be random consoles exist in warehouse waiting for someone to claim them if theyre lucky.

ie, youd have to sign up to the deal, you get put on the waiting list, and notified soon as a console is available.

I have to commend Microsofts 'if it ain't broke' approach. No need to mess around with a new UI when the old one has been tested and curated over months (meaning everyone knows exactly where everything is). No silly gimmicks on the controller- just make minor improvements on a stellar design.

I have to commend Microsofts 'if it ain't broke' approach. No need to mess around with a new UI when the old one has been tested and curated over months (meaning everyone knows exactly where everything is). No silly gimmicks on the controller- just make minor improvements on a stellar design.

Yep, no reason to mess with what was already a fantastic controller. A few minor touches, love it.

The UI has come a long way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back