XBX Xbox Series X/S - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

I have to commend Microsofts 'if it ain't broke' approach. No need to mess around with a new UI when the old one has been tested and curated over months (meaning everyone knows exactly where everything is). No silly gimmicks on the controller- just make minor improvements on a stellar design.

I still think the UI on the 360 just prior to the new xbox experience (that was released almost 12 years today!) was the best.smart, snappy, fast to cycle through....*chefs kiss*. I've found the Xbox UI laggy or harder to find exactly what I'm after (eg: digging through more menus) ever since.

I have to commend Microsofts 'if it ain't broke' approach. No need to mess around with a new UI when the old one has been tested and curated over months (meaning everyone knows exactly where everything is). No silly gimmicks on the controller- just make minor improvements on a stellar design.
Not making any changes is a lack of R&D and not investing in improving the experience. The PS5 controller is amazing and adds a lot to games. I recon Microsoft will be bringing out a new one with the similar tech when the mid gen refresh happens.

Not making any changes is a lack of R&D and not investing in improving the experience. The PS5 controller is amazing and adds a lot to games. I recon Microsoft will be bringing out a new one with the similar tech when the mid gen refresh happens.
Umm they've already spent the past few months updating/refining and testing the updated UI already... That's no lazy that's good planning.

I still absolutely hate the Xbox UI. Think it's terrible. Have trouble finding anything I want or having to scroll forever to get to the item I do want.
It's probably my unfamiliarity with it but I swear to god it looks entirely different every time I use it.

Is it taking ages for anyone else to install games. Just got Assassins creed and saying installing complete in 3 hours.

46 GB but these new games take forever to install.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Anyone else's console not downloading games in instant on mode? I had 15 updates queued up on launch day, 4 days later and I still have 11 to go, I really shouldnt have to leave this thing powered on all day and night.

Wasn't an issue on the One X, have all the same settings, doubled checked that storage is on when console is turned off and its still not doing anything unless the console is on. Even then its touch and go whether it downloads or gives me the installation stopped message half the list needs to be resumed on boot up everytime.

No such issues on PS5 so its definitely not on my end.

Anyone else's console not downloading games in instant on mode? I had 15 updates queued up on launch day, 4 days later and I still have 11 to go, I really shouldnt have to leave this thing powered on all day and night.

Wasn't an issue on the One X, have all the same settings, doubled checked that storage is on when console is turned off and its still not doing anything unless the console is on. Even then its touch and go whether it downloads or gives me the installation stopped message half the list needs to be resumed on boot up everytime.

No such issues on PS5 so its definitely not on my end.

Did you manually pause them yourself? To play a game or something? They won't auto-resume if you you manually pause.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

got 400 bucks store credit for my ps4 etc at eb but was told if i dont get a preorder for xsx next availability im screwed

And you're surprised why

eb are being unreasonable about it. surely you can just hold your store credit and buy a console with that credit when its available.... but no

Why didn't you pre order one months ago

2.5 years of Xbox Live upgraded to Gamepass. Very happy. Downloaded a few games last night to play over the next week or so.

Downloaded Goat Simulator for a laugh. My son thinks it's hilarious.

2.5 years of Xbox Live upgraded to Gamepass. Very happy. Downloaded a few games last night to play over the next week or so.

Downloaded Goat Simulator for a laugh. My son thinks it's hilarious.

I did this not long after the very first gold/game pass/game pass ultimate conversion was available. Still have GPU subscription until August next year.

youre getting 24 months of ultimate pass included in the plan and repayment

Kind of joking kind of serious in my post :p

I still wouldn't do it, never know when something goes kaput.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back