Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 1021103

No dig deeper its far worse than the obvious shorts. Look at his protective spirit animal in the sky and the colour of his dogs!

Smith to Hawks triple confirmation.
You think that's bad, I managed to find an uncropped version which confirms he was actually at the park for some kick to kick with his old man. Would have gone father-son but being an illegitimate child they had to keep it under wraps.

Capture.PNG

Crows fans melting over us being able to use junk picks to match a bid at 1 is glorious.

They were really salty over the Keath trade thinking they should have got pick 12 and haven’t moved on since. 🤣

View attachment 1021103

No dig deeper its far worse than the obvious shorts. Look at his protective spirit animal in the sky and the colour of his dogs!

Smith to Hawks triple confirmation.

Disgusting and selfish that of all the colours, he decides to have brown & gold dogs instead of red, white and blue ones :mad::mad::mad:

So I guess the treloar trade can’t be void if we’re already trading their picks..?
Maybe we are close to coming to agreement with Collingwood or it might be just Sam power given Collingwood the finger and just going about his business

Yep. May be even higher. Knightmare had 14 of his top 40 picks as Academy/NGA/FS, if they chew up multiple picks each, we could effectively get a pick in the high 40s/low 50s

Could give us a look at a Corey Durdin.
Their salty tears taste delicious

So, worst case scenario now. Crows bid at 1, all our picks get wiped out and then we get Pick 66. That pick will then roll up the order with more matching by other sides. Won't be a bad hand left after all that

Adelaide would seriously have to be stupid to pick JUH at pick 1. It will be so embarrassing for them and whoever they do end up getting with their pick.. That kid will feel like s**t I reckon knowing he's an afterthought.

Here's the updated table on what happens at different bids on JUH. I'll post it in the JUH thread too because it'll get buried here.

We currently have picks 29,33,41,42,52,54 and 90.

1606791474121.png

The first column shows where the bid comes for JUH. The blue column shows what picks we'd be left with if that happened. The final column shows the highest bid we could still match for either Raak or MacPherson (if we wanted to) with the remaining points. However I'd be surprised if a bid came for either of them before about 40 (if at all).

The key point is that even with a bid at pick 1 we now won't go into a deficit of points that would affect the position of our 2021 first round pick.

That was a great trade. Sam Power's reputation grows by the hour!

EDIT: As others have noted the later picks could slide up or down depending on a range of other possible matched bids for FS and Academy players. Far too many permutations to list here.

However I will post an update of this table (when I get a few minutes) with some minor changes caused by us matching the respective bids. For instance our matching a bid at pick 2 with the four picks shown will cause our picks 52 and 54 to slide UP by three places (to 49 and 51) but our allocation of pick 73 with residue points shouldn't change. So in that scenario we should be left with picks 49, 51, 73 and 90, not what's currently showing in the table.

It's really nothing major - just a bit of tinkering at the edges in the later rounds. And still subject to other clubs matching bids on their own FS/NGA players.

EDIT 2: revised table has been posted
here.

Attachments

• 1606790027509.png
    1606790027509.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
If it’s purely a dispute between Collingwood and Treloar, there is no dispute. He is owed 4.5m over 5 years regardless of who pays it.
We and the AFL (and the trade) are involved in the dispute, there is no way around that
Collingwood are contracted to pay Treloar 4.5M over 5 years. We have signed a contract with Treloar for $3M over 5 years, relieving Collingwood of the obligation to find that $3M. This still leaves $1.5M that Collingwood owes Treloar. How they discharge that obligation is not our business. It's a contractual dispute between Treloar and Collingwood.

Collingwood are trying to embroil us in their dispute with Treloar, hoping we will pick up even more of their obligation... but we've said no way. We are only involved to the extent that we indulge Collingwood - which appears to be not much at all. At best we might bring forward some of our $3M obligation, however, the way Collingwood is carrying on I wouldn't hold my breath if I was Eddy.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's the updated table on what happens at different bids on JUH. I'll post it in the JUH thread too because it'll get buried here.

View attachment 1021139

The first column shows where the bid comes for JUH. The blue column shows what picks we'd be left with if that happened. The final column shows the highest bid we could still match for either Raak or MacPherson (if we wanted to) with the remaining points. However I'd be surprised if a bid came for either of them before about 40 (if at all).

The key point is that even with a bid at pick 1 we now won't go into a deficit of points that would affect the position of our 2021 first round pick.

EDIT: As others have noted the later picks could slide up or down depending on a range of other possible matched bids for FS and Academy players. Far too many permutations to list here.
Great stuff.

If the Crows don’t bid pick 1 and we get a few 50s picks, I wonder if we’ll use them to try and trade out into 2021 picks given we only have a 1st and a 4th next year.

Even if it’s trading 52 and 54 for a future 3rd would be handy.

View attachment 1021139

I don't think a like on all of your posts is enough - from someone who struggles with the points system, these tables and explanatory posts have been amazing. Greatly appreciate the work you put into them.

Adelaide would seriously have to be stupid to pick JUH at pick 1. It will be so embarrassing for them and whoever they do end up getting with their pick.. That kid will feel like sh*t I reckon knowing he's an afterthought.
I’m not sure you can describe being picked at 2 as an afterthought. The player will essentially be rated the 2nd best youngster in the land.

Collingwood are contracted to pay Treloar 4.5M over 5 years. We have signed a contract with Treloar for $3M over 5 years, relieving Collingwood of the obligation to find that $3M. This still leaves $1.5M that Collingwood owes Treloar. How they discharge that obligation is not our business. It's a contractual dispute between Treloar and Collingwood.

Collingwood are trying to embroil us in their dispute with Treloar, hoping we will pick up even more of their obligation... but we've said no way. We are only involved to the extent that we indulge Collingwood - which appears to be not much at all. At best we might bring forward some of our $3M obligation, however, the way Collingwood is carrying on I wouldn't hold my breath if I was Eddy.
Thanks Mutt

Many posters are missing the point that you can’t just pick up a legal contract and give it to another party. We are not taking over the Pies contract nor are the Pies paying us anything. We have a seperate new contract with Treloar already agreed by his manager and it’s up to the Pies and Treloar to deal with the rest.

I don't think a like on all of your posts is enough - from someone who struggles with the points system, these tables and explanatory posts have been amazing. Greatly appreciate the work you put into them.
Thanks. It would be appreciated if anyone who has a good grip on all this could check my numbers but I'm pretty sure they're right (or very close).

One thing I'm not certain of is if we have a residue of points after matching a bid do they immediately give us a new pick and throw away whatever residue is left on that pick or do they wait to see if there's a later bid on one of our FS/NGA players? It usually involves only a handful of points so it doesn't make a huge difference.

For example if we match a bid at pick 1 and have a residue of 89 points that residue will give us pick 66 (worth 80 points) and presumably the remaining 9 points are discarded. However if a pick for say MacPherson comes at pick 64 and we want to match it we'd need 81 points. Our pick 66 wouldn't be enough but if we could still use the leftover 9 points we'd be OK. I've assumed they'd let us use the 9 points.

Also the more I think about it the more imponderable it becomes with picks sliding up and down.

For instance in the edit I applied to the table I said that if a bid came at pick 3 we'd get pick 53 so whoever has pick 53 slides down one place to 54 and our pick 54 slides to pick 55. That seemed clear enough until I realised that if all that happened we'd also be turning four higher picks (picks 29,33,41,42) into one (pick 3) so in fact everything after pick 42 slides UP three places!

As I said, it's way too complex to try to layout all those permutations given the large number of FS and Academy players in this draft. Nonetheless the table I posted gives a pretty good indication of how we'd fare. It's just the later rounds of the draft that get particularly messy.

We picked up a player who was contracted without offering to pay him more, do we have to match what Essendon offered for Dunkley, no because we had the original contract. Adam Treloar came with a 900K a year price tag who pays what is the sticking point as it was a rushed last minute trade with no submitted financial details.

That contract will have been signed (and thereby bound) between Collingwood and Treloar. Just because he is on our list doesn’t = an immediate contract transfer from Collingwood - Treloar to being between WBFC and Treloar. New contracts need to be signed. Treloar needs to agree (and be the signatory) to the terms of the new contract(s) as does our club. The default position, if all 3 parties including Collingwood refuse to sign a new contract, is the original contract to which Collingwood could still be held as they are still bound to Treloar by it. It remains enforceable so I don’t understand what the pies think they are playing at. Interesting the Eddie commentary is all around “the dogs will remember who looked after them in the past” as they don’t appear to be arguing any solid legal foundation to their claims (eg that our $ offer was actually materially different to what we are trying to get them to sign off on) - in public anyway

Ergo: as long as we hold firm, they are ****ed... 👍

Last edited:
Thanks. It would be appreciated if anyone who has a good grip on all this could check my numbers but I'm pretty sure they're right (or very close).

One thing I'm not certain of is if we have a residue of points after matching a bid do they immediately give us a new pick and throw away whatever residue is left on that pick or do they wait to see if there's a later bid on one of our FS/NGA players? It usually involves only a handful of points so it doesn't make a huge difference.

For example if we match a bid at pick 1 and have a residue of 89 points that residue will give us pick 66 (worth 80 points) and presumably the remaining 9 points are discarded. However if a pick for say MacPherson comes at pick 64 and we want to match it we'd need 81 points. Our pick 66 wouldn't be enough but if we could still use the leftover 9 points we'd be OK. I've assumed they'd let us use the 9 points.

Also the more I think about it the more imponderable it becomes with picks sliding up and down.

For instance in the edit I applied to the table I said that if a bid came at pick 3 we'd get pick 53 so whoever has pick 53 slides down one place to 54 and our pick 54 slides to pick 55. That seemed clear enough until I realised that if all that happened we'd also be turning four higher picks (picks 29,33,41,42) into one (pick 3) so in fact everything after pick 42 slides UP three places!

As I said, it's way too complex to try to layout all those permutations given the large number of FS and Academy players in this draft. Nonetheless the table I posted gives a pretty good indication of how we'd fare. It's just the later rounds of the draft that get particularly messy.

1e6.jpg

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back