Preview 2020 AFL National Draft Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did we directly give it to them or did it get to them via another club?

We traded in their 2019 second (pick 30) for picks 50, 73 and our 2020 2nd a week before the draft. We then traded 30 and 50 to * for 35 and their 2020 2nd on draft night.

Ask Hawthorn to re-draft Picioane, Hay, & Thompson if they want any participation with pick 2.

Agreed, there needs to be an almighty reaming if we think of trading with them. Basically setup their dynasty

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ask Hawthorn to re-draft Picioane, Hay, & Thompson if they want any participation with pick 2.

And will sierokowski (sp)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just listening to the Clayton interview. Key takeaways for mine, first pick will be a mid. Just the way he glossed over a question about the talls and went on about wanting the most talented and bring excitement to the club. 95 percent sure Hollands is our pick.
Pick 11 will be best available and not needs based.
Would expect a trade into late first or early second round depending on who is available.

All guess work of course
My take as well.

The * is going on with kids names these days?

You're right. His range was always the 10-20 mark. It blew up because of his growth and combine results. It's all about projection and where clubs see him going.
He didnt crack any of the top 10s at the combine except the vertical jump. Most of it has to do with the fact his body looks very Fyfe like in the images i have seen. Twomey must also think the hype has been inflated to place him where he did in his phantom, hes not usually wrong in these matters and has his finger on the pulse more than anyone else at the AFL clubs. Will be interesting to see if the Dons take him because a lot of other people have them taking Cox and Perkins. Twomey is still going with Reid and Bruhn, which would be best case scenario for our second pick i reckon.

Apparently we are keen on Lions academy player Saxon Crozier at pick 30.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back