Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Browne
@TomBrowne7

·
3m

Jon Patton is receiving treatment in hospital, for an ongoing mental health challenge. The past week has taken a toll

Been some serious dramas in the AFL these past 12 months compared to years past.

Ah yes the old "I got caught out being a s**t bloke, I'm sad now" play.

Some of Patton's behaviours are pretty common indicators of some demons going on. I wouldn't be too harsh on him.

Hopefully he learns from this incident, though I dare say there are a lot of nervous AFL players out there this week!

Some of Patton's behaviours are pretty common indicators of some demons going on. I wouldn't be too harsh on him.

Hopefully he learns from this incident, though I dare say there are a lot of nervous AFL players out there this week!

It's fair to say if he understood consent his demons would have manifested differently too.

I’m not buying he’s wrestling inner demons and hence he’s going to send dick picks and money shots to women he’s met as a release mechanism so to speak.

I reckon he’s a degenerate hornbag, addicted to his phone, has always had a bit on tap and now he’s running lean.

Probably views women as pure sex objects too. Lacks respect.

thats my 2 min profile of patton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not buying he’s wrestling inner demons and hence he’s going to send dick picks and money shots to women he’s met as a release mechanism so to speak.

I reckon he’s a degenerate hornbag, addicted to his phone, has always had a bit on tap and now he’s running lean.

Probably views women as pure sex objects too. Lacks respect.

thats my 2 min profile of patton
What do you think of him in general?

It's fair to say if he understood consent his demons would have manifested differently too.
I’m not trying to justify his actions. I hope he is punished accordingly.

I just believe they could be indicative of some stuff he has to work through.

Patton is a well known AFL player, tall, fit and relatively good looking. Attracting women for sex is likely not an issue for him.

Him sending unsolicited videos of himself screams of some underlying sexual suppression and mental issues. I don't think it's fair to say he's only sad because he got caught.

At the same time, he has also harassed a lot of innocent women and needs to be punished.

The best path forward is for him to be punished in a way that also allows for rehabilitation so he can accept whatever his inner demons are and move on with his life. His victims can also be satisfied that he has been punished sufficiently and that their suffering has been acknowledged. This is already beginning with his public vilification and likely loss of his career.

You are being way too kind.
I don’t think I am. I’m no psychologist but sexual hang ups, like some being rumoured in this case, often have underlying reasons for emerging. It’s pretty fascinating stuff IMO.

He doesn’t deserve sympathy for his actions, and I like that he’s being made an example of, but ultimately if he needs help then I hope he gets it.

I believe one of the girls has an Onlyfans thing and sells foot photo's or something. A real kink type operator.

Apparently one of the dick pics in question took place in June 2020, so it's taken a cool 7 odd months to come forward/run to the media about it.

Wouldn't be like the media to jump the gun.

I believe one of the girls has an Onlyfans thing and sells foot photo's or something. A real kink type operator.

Apparently one of the dick pics in question took place in June 2020, so it's taken a cool 7 odd months to come forward/run to the media about it.

Wouldn't be like the media to jump the gun.

Way to attempt to **** shame.

What she did was irrelevant, that still doesn't give someone the right to go around sending someone dick pics without consent.

Some people aren't comfortable coming forward at the time of the incident. It took decades for the multiple victims of Bill Cosby to come forward and even then only after others were brave enough to speak out first.

Slamming someone for taking ages to come forward is one of the reasons why victims don't like coming forward, they think they will just be dismissed as crying wolf.

Oh my heart bleeds for him!
Guilt and shame tend to have a negative effect on your mental health.
Nobody is asking for your heart to bleed for him.

Seadog that is definitely correct but I think this is a chicken or the egg scenario. Behaviours stem from the chemicals/imbalances in your brain as well.

At no point have I said this exonerates him. We should still be held responsible for our actions and mental health doesn’t give us free passes to do whatever we want. Consequences are very much warranted.

Nobody is asking for your heart to bleed for him.

Seadog that is definitely correct but I think this is a chicken or the egg scenario. Behaviours stem from the chemicals/imbalances in your brain as well.

At no point have I said this exonerates him. We should still be held responsible for our actions and mental health doesn’t give us free passes to do whatever we want. Consequences are very much warranted.

Yes, it is entirely possible for him to be suffering from depression totally separately to sending explicit pictures to non-consenting women, I don't disagree with you there.

I'm just a little bit over people getting caught out for s**t, then suddenly becoming the victim in an attempt to soften the blow for the repercussions of their behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back