Politics Alt right storm usa capital

Remove this Banner Ad

You mean the protests that were found to be peaceful in 93% of cases, and those that weren't included in that figure include tearing down a confederate statue, and those where armed white-supremacist groups held rallies?

The number of right-wingers who are suddenly ok with terrorism is a real concern.
you mean the ones that took over cities and burned down businesses? yeah those ones.

Bad comparison. Blm attacks on black neighbourhoods were not at the direction of some BLM leader.

the attack on the capital and those there to defend it was directed by the leader of the alt right movement. It was the primary goal.

I'm not claiming they're all that similar. They are two examples of violent mobs.

You missed the main point of that video. Listen to the first thing he says.

Is that supposed to be a justification for violence

So would I. That's my point. I can't sympathise with the perspective of these right-wingers because I don't share their value system. So while I can mock their occupation for their stated reasons I can't denounce the action itself.

love how they're all trying to pin in on Trump. pretty shameful, a dirty game of politics and only the gullible buy into it.

it's always the loonies that ruin it for everyone else and that's all it was. it was a play of blame just like covid was and again the gullible buy into it.

This could've been avoided quite easily and for a number of reasons...

If news media were not so one-sided. anti trump.
If big tech didn't use their influence to hide posts that suited their agenda. again blatantly anti trump.
If the lawyers were able/allowed to do a full election audit.
If the three letter agencies didn't conspire to go after him.

Trump supporters think they've been robbed, from many angles, so of course they're going to be frustrated and upset, the crazy ones will do crazy things.

There would be no way in hell Trump would run again, no sane person would take that on. if anything this election has shown how broken US politics is and how corrupt it is.

Always like to hear Andy's take:

This reporting by AFP encapsulates the difficulty in assessing the true seriousness of the Pizzagate Uprising of January 6.

On one hand, you have the gravely serious charge that there were rioters who intended to kill. I don't know if that is true, but it's now being alleged by the DOJ.

On the other hand, the QAnon shaman is clearly just a fruit loop... "Chansley has spoken openly about his belief that he is an alien, a higher being, and he is here on Earth to ascend to another reality," the filing read.

My reaction initially was that this was an attempted coup. It was ham-fisted and doomed to fail, but an attempted coup nonetheless. But the more cartoonish, ridiculous elements make it hard to argue that it was as serious as that. Or maybe that in itself is misleading.

It was grotesque and those involved should be prosecuted. But I'm not entirely sure it's accurate to call it an attempted coup. It seems there were elements of RW extremists and militia but also pensioners out for a stroll and jackasses playing dress-up. So it's hard to characterise it all as one thing.

love how they're all trying to pin in on Trump.
Clearly you don't love it.

Trump peddled the Big Lie about the election being stolen, urged his supporters to come to DC, told them to fight or they wouldn't have a country and then sent them down Pennsylvania Avenue while the results were being certified.

Are you suggesting he bears no responsibility for what ensued?

it's always the loonies that ruin it for everyone else and that's all it was.
Right, but Trump gathered the loonies, energised them with lies about the election and then sent them marching down Pennsylvania Avenue.

I mean, is any of that incorrect?

This could've been avoided quite easily and for a number of reasons...

If news media were not so one-sided. anti trump.
If big tech didn't use their influence to hide posts that suited their agenda. again blatantly anti trump.
If the lawyers were able/allowed to do a full election audit.
If the three letter agencies didn't conspire to go after him.
The RW is all about individual responsibility until it isn't.

Is it the fault of "the meejah" that some nutters beat a cop to death?

Trump supporters think they've been robbed, from many angles, so of course they're going to be frustrated and upset, the crazy ones will do crazy things.
They think they've been robbed because Trump and his enablers have been lying to them to that effect.

In democracies, sometimes you lose an election. But because Trump needs to save face, there's been a complete meltdown on the right. The ultimate snowflakes.

There would be no way in hell Trump would run again, no sane person would take that on. if anything this election has shown how broken US politics is and how corrupt it is.
It's shown that a vast swathe of the RW is completely untethered from reality.

Last edited:
I'm not claiming they're all that similar. They are two examples of violent mobs.

Is that supposed to be a justification for violence

violence is wrong. But in this case the retaliation of violence is not the story. The violence committed by police and therefore the state against a certain race is the main story.

likewise the violence of the capital rioters is not even remotely the story. The story is that a large group of people wanted to overthrow democracy and put a dictator in charge and are willing to act on it and may still do so. It doesnt really matter from an australian point of view (nor most americans) if 10 thousand are killed in the coup or 0. The success of the coup is what matters.

stop focusing on just the violence of rioters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This reporting by AFP encapsulates the difficulty in assessing the true seriousness of the Pizzagate Uprising of January 6.

On one hand, you have the gravely serious charge that there were rioters who intended to kill. I don't know if that is true, but it's now being alleged by the DOJ.

On the other hand, the QAnon shaman is clearly just a fruit loop... "Chansley has spoken openly about his belief that he is an alien, a higher being, and he is here on Earth to ascend to another reality," the filing read.

My reaction initially was that this was an attempted coup. It was ham-fisted and doomed to fail, but an attempted coup nonetheless. But the more cartoonish, ridiculous elements make it hard to argue that it was as serious as that. Or maybe that in itself is misleading.

It was grotesque and those involved should be prosecuted. But I'm not entirely sure it's accurate to call it an attempted coup. It seems there were elements of RW extremists and militia but also pensioners out for a stroll and jackasses playing dress-up. So it's hard to characterise it all as one thing.

I might go full on but the nazis were well known for outrageous, even camp uniforms and costumes. It does not indicate impotence

oh, she's a real trouper....she has so much courage she even held back a deal to aid to covid victims for her own personal gain.
we need more like her!!!! sarcasm off.
I doubt that is true.
America does need more like her, I agree with you there

Clearly you don't love it.

Trump peddled the Big Lie about the election being stolen, urged his supporters to come to the Capitol, told them to fight or they wouldn't have a country and then sent them down Pennsylvania Avenue while the results were being certified.

Are you suggested he bears no responsibility for what ensued?

Right, but Trump gathered the loonies, energised them with lies about the election and then sent them marching down Pennsylvania Avenue.

I mean, is any of that incorrect?

The RW is all about individual responsibility until it isn't.

Is it the fault of "the meejah" that some nutters beat a cop to death?

They think they've been robbed because Trump and his enablers have been lying to them to that effect.

In democracies, sometimes you lose an election. But because Trump needs to save face, there's been a complete meltdown on the right. The ultimate snowflakes.

It's shown that a vast swathe of the RW is completely untethered from reality.

1) He said, to march down peacefully. it's on video if you care to look.
2) Trump has been against violence and looting for ages and has said multiple times on video, he supports law and order.
the Demoncrats love to avoid the obvious to suit their narrative. seen on here many times.
3) What is reality? is your reality more real than the next person? Many great people support trump, does that make them less great, dumb or nieve?
4) the election was tainted, manipulated and rigged, by what degree? no one will know because a full audit was never allowed. SUS no ?
5) there is evidence the congress break-in was done by leftist activists..... There are chargers being made right now.
So the left played another dirty hand.
Funny that, lets all jump on the blame Trump bandwagon, works on sheep but not me and millions of others.

So my question to you is........do you think Trump is destabilising the USA or external and internal insurgents?
I say the left is the biggest cancer to the US there is, it's been growing in universities and colleges for decades, and that is sad.
This is the reason many support trump, with all his flaws.
They don't want Big brother/big tech/global elite/china running or influencing the country.

look at what big tech are up to. even Austalia is on to it.

Last edited:
I doubt that is true.
America does need more like her, I agree with you there
oh please look this up. she held back payment to put trump offside while the people who needed the payment suffered.
What a woman, she even got her hair done at a salon during a lockdown which she so vigilantly enforced. Go PILLocy.

1) He said, to march down peacefully. it's on video if you care to look.
He said you have to fight or you won't have a country. And then he sent them to the Capitol to pressure the "weak Republicans".

Either way, you concede that he rallied a mob of his supporters and then sent them towards the Capitol. And then what happened?

2) Trump has been against violence and looting for ages and has said multiple times on video, he supports law and order. the Demoncrats love to avoid the obvious to suit their narrative. seen on here many times.
Trump talks out of both sides of his mouth. He likes law and order when he can use it a prop to look like a strongman or when it's cops cracking down on folks his supporters despise. It's entirely situational and self-serving.

3) What is reality? is your reality more real than the next person? Many great people support trump, does that make them less great, dumb or nieve?
Yeah wow, great argument. What is reality? Generally, it's an account of the world supported by verified facts. The RW prefer the fiction about how the election was stolen.

4) the election was tainted, manipulated and rigged, by what degree? no one will know because a full audit was never allowed. SUS no ?
Nonsense. Trump's challenges failed in court dozens of times. His lawyers, when pressed, didn't even allege fraud. Trump lost, fair and square. But then he threw a tantrum to save face.

5) there is evidence the congress break-in was done by leftist activists..... There are chargers being made right now.
More nonsense. You just latch onto any self-serving lie. The jig is up, I'm afraid.

Did you buy into Pizzagate as well? I mean, look at the evidence, right?

Funny that, lets all jump on the blame Trump bandwagon, works on sheep but not me and millions of others.
Yeah nah, you're not a sheep. That's why you just regurgitate whatever pro-Trump talking point gets served to you.

So my question to you is........do you think Trump is destabilising the USA or external and interlay insurgents?
There have been destabilising forces within US politics long before Trump but he has proved an accelerant by peddling an alternative version of reality and his contempt for democratic/institutional norms.

I say the left is the biggest cancer to the US there is, it's been growing in universities and colleges for decades, and that is sad.
These are 20-year-olds on campus. Sure, some of them have ridiculous, illiberal ideas. But what power do they actually have? They're not in Congress, let alone the WH.

For you to respond to critiques of the president with "yeah but liberals in universities" is laughable. There's no equivalence there.

This is the reason many support trump, with all his flaws.
Because of university students? What a load of rubbish.

Trump is a corrupt demogogue but OMG woke college students! That's the real danger!

They don't want Big brother/big tech/global elite/china running of influencing the country.
Look at your ridiculous grab bag of deflections. Don't pretend you know what you're talking about.

Last edited:
He said you have to fight or you won't have a country. And then he sent them to the Capitol to pressure the "weak Republicans".

Either way, you concede that he rallied a mob of his supporters and then sent them towards the Capitol. And then what happened?

Trump talks out of both sides of his mouth. He likes law and order when he can use it a prop to look like a strongman or when it's cops cracking down on folks his supporters despise. It's entirely situational and self-serving.

Yeah wow, great argument. What is reality? Generally, it's an account of the world supported by verified facts. The RW prefer the fiction about how the election was stolen.

Nonsense. Trump's challenges failed in court dozens of times. His lawyers, when pressed, didn't even allege fraud. Trump lost, fair and square. But then he threw a tantrum to save face.

More nonsense. You just latch onto any self-serving lie. The jig is up, I'm afraid.

Did you buy into Pizzagate as well? I mean, look at the evidence, right?

Yeah nah, you're not a sheep. That's why you just regurgitate whatever pro-Trump talking point gets served to you.

There have been destabilising forces within US politics long before Trump but he has proved an accelerant by peddling an alternative version of reality and his contempt for democratic/institutional norms.

These are 20-year-olds on campus. Sure, some of them have ridiculous, illiberal ideas. But what power do they actually have? They're not in Congress, let alone the WH.

For you to respond to critiques of the president with "yeah but liberals in universities" is laughable. There's no equivalence there.

Because of university students? What a load of rubbish.

Trump is a corrupt demogogue but OMG woke college students! That's the real danger!

Look at your ridiculous grab bag of deflections. Don't pretend you know what you're talking about.

yes leftist/communist infiltration into colleges and universities IS a real danger, this is where they SHAPE minds.

those woke students grow up and become something. This is why there is huge investment to infiltrate theses places.
oh you didn’t know that did you?

do you know how much corruption exists in politics?

once you get some life experience come back for a chat.

otherwise don’t waste your time.

yes leftist/communist infiltration into colleges and universities IS a real danger, this is where they SHAPE minds.

those woke students grow up and become something. This is why there is huge investment to infiltrate theses places.
oh you didn’t know that did you?

otherwise don’t waste your time.
Past your bedtime little lambikins.

If you can't get to sleep, try counting the rest of your flock of sheeple.

Always like to hear Andy's take:

That guy has always been antifa. You can't trust what he says....

How is it "infiltration"?

There are plenty of valid critiques of these attitudes of the illiberal left on campus. I agree with most of them. Jonathan Haidt, for example, has written about them extensively. None of them negate the criticisms of Trump.

This is your counter to critiques of the president? OMG woke students! That's the real problem!

Do you know how to touch your nose without looking in the mirror?

You sound like an imbecile.

Not just the Alt right.

FBI Arrests Antifa Leader John Sullivan After Storming US Capitol

Aaron Mostofsky, who was taken into custody in Brooklyn on Tuesday, faces four federal charges, including theft of government property.
Mr. Mostofsky, 34, is the son of Kings County Supreme Court Judge Steven Mostofsky, who also goes by Shlomo. He and his father are registered Democrats, according to New York State election records.

Seems both sides are convinced they are in a war.
There is a fairly good chance that fella John Sullivan is an FBI or Corporate plant/spy/infiltrator/provocateur. At least in terms of his so called antifa/BLM roles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back