Training 2021 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Modern footy - if a player wants to be a mid, and you tell him "too bad, I'm chucking you in a forward pocket", you can probably expect a trade request come the end of the season.

Important these days that players buy in to their role.

Modern society - i dont want to work hard, give what i want now, or ill go elsewhere

In footy its not great - kids who have been spoon fed how good they are their whole junior career then expect to get games in the AFL instantly and when they dont want to change clubs.
Not always but sometimes it is. A player can be right in thinking the opportunity that's being afforded to them isn't as good as one at another club therefore moving is actually the best thing for them. It's really not uncommon to see a player floundering at one club then blossom after moving. Sometimes the individual is actually ready now and club is wrong.

I love that he changes his hair each year for his grandma's photo. What a legend.
Geez we're gonna see some rude cuts as the years go by and he runs out of the normal/obvious ones.

2022 Jason Akermanis
2023 Nathan Carroll
2024 Jonah Lomu
2025 Vin Catoggio
2026 Mil Hanna
2027 Bruce Doull
2028 Ben Nason

Geez we're gonna see some rude cuts as the years go by and he runs out of the normal/obvious ones.

2022 Jason Akermanis
2023 Nathan Carroll
2024 Jonah Lomu
2025 Vin Catoggio
2026 Mil Hanna
2027 Bruce Doull
2028 Ben Nason
Geez the transition from Mil Hanna to the Flying Doormat might be tough.

Couldn't see a thread for the 2's game today but love seeing Parks, Stocker and Carroll mentioned plenty. Along with some usual's in Gibbo, Kennedy and Owies kicking some snags

There's a Reserves Sub Board ...

Been saying it for a while, but it's a number of phases

The Cats game showed that we can hang on when we dominate a side early, lucky, but gutsy win

Game like the Swans shows we can come from behind, same as Dockers

Game like the Dogs, showed when challenged, we can win convincingly

We need to eliminate outings like Hawks and Crows, to solidify us taking the next step
After halftime in the Saints game when we went with what will be our proper set up both defensively and more importantly in the midfield we had way the better of the Saints.

With both Ed and Cripps at the majority of stoppages and when Pitt was rucking we dominated both centre and around the ground stoppages.

Our defensive structures totally stymied there ball movement after the half while our transition got better and we moved the ball well which led to plenty of scoring opportunities and Williams should have had 4-5 for the night if not for some missed easy shots.

I think we showed when we got serious that we have made plenty of ground on last year and will win way more than we lose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL listed players in Friday's practice match:

Kennedy - 30 disposals, seven tackles, seven inside 50s, five clearances, one goal

Stocker - 24 disposals, six tackles, one goal

Carroll - 17 disposals, four clearances, one goal

Betts - 13 disposals, five marks, two goals

Parks - 4 disposals (100 per cent efficiency), seven marks, two rebound 50s

Ramsay - 18 disposals, four marks, five inside 50s

Gibbons - 31 disposals, eight marks, eight tackles, two goals

Owies - 17 disposals, six marks, four inside 50s, three goals

Cottrell - 16 disposals, six marks, three inside 50s, three rebound 50s

Took 7 marks in the whole game, and all of them in the second half. Must have been very quite in the 1st if he also only had 4 touches altogether.

For everyone else, the full player by player report is here:

Silly question but how do you get 7 marks but only 4 disposals ???

I mean... I'd be worried it he didn't turn up. Wouldn't last long, to be honest...

I'll see myself out.

Do all you can to become a mod and then ban yourself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back