Review Round 2, 2021 vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing game by the midfield.
The attack all took turns and while they all had their moments, no one had a four-quarter game (this is a good thing though)
Defence had their moments, but sketchiest I've seen them for a while

Our winning percentage with Marshall in the team IMO is based on playing three talls versus not playing three talls. Back in the dark old days of Sam Gray and Jake Neade, playing Marshall usually meant we were playing a functioning forward line, and not playing Marshall usually meant we weren't. When we played a functioning forward line we usually won, and when we didn't play a functioning forward line we usually lost.

We need, need to play three tall forwards every week. Rain hail or shine, form be damned, injuries be damned, we need to play three tall forwards. If Marshall is one of those three, that's great. If he's not playing but Dixon, Ladhams and Georgiades are, that's great too. As long as we're not dropping him to go back to unbalanced midget forward lines, I'm fine with it.

Funny that we keep winning that formula

Sack hinkley

We are a so much better side with MG in the forward line over Marshall...
No way Marshall comes straight back in.

Our winning percentage with Marshall in the team IMO is based on playing three talls versus not playing three talls. Back in the dark old days of Sam Gray and Jake Neade, playing Marshall usually meant we were playing a functioning forward line, and not playing Marshall usually meant we weren't. When we played a functioning forward line we usually won, and when we didn't play a functioning forward line we usually lost.

We need, need to play three tall forwards every week. Rain hail or shine, form be damned, injuries be damned, we need to play three tall forwards. If Marshall is one of those three, that's great. If he's not playing but Dixon, Ladhams and Georgiades are, that's great too. As long as we're not dropping him to go back to unbalanced midget forward lines, I'm fine with it.

Georgiades' record is 7 wins 2 losses as well, so the theory holds for him too.
i dont care if he plays. but MG is 1st picked, Marshall did play in the prelim didnt he

Really good opening 3 quarters.Last week it was a poor first QTR.Really good draw in the first two games of the season for Port.North away and the bombers at home.Neither of our first two opponents look like top 8 contenders in 21.
We will learn more about Port this season.When where up against better opposition.But you can only beat the opposition you play.

Farrell is to nonchalant imo if he dosent smarten up quick he should have his place taken. Guys like him if they fire can give so much to the team but if he does not want it bring in someone who does!

Feel a bit for Kane Farrell reckon he plays like someone biding their time for Rozee.
Bergman looked much better in the second half when back in defence and it also allowed Hammer to play more wing which he looked really comfortable with.
DBJ not at AA but still 9 Intercept possessions the most for Port and equal 2nd most on ground.
Dan gone to another level.
So looking forward to the next two weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are a so much better side with MG in the forward line over Marshall...
No way Marshall comes straight back in.

Not adverse to playing them both but Marshall isn't or shouldn't be dislodging MG, Ladhams, Lycett or Dixon anytime soon.

Very solid showing.
Duursma needs some confidence boost, Farrel needs to make way.
Marshall will need some masssive games to get a look in.

Very solid showing.
Duursma needs some confidence boost, Farrel needs to make way.
Marshall will need some masssive games to get a look in.

He had 24 and his pressure was excellent. Missed a few targets when he was cooked. A very good game overall.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Half way throught the third and the last we were very ordinary which was disappointing

But the first half showed signs of good skills and good ball movement.

Lycett looked like he was moving on the spot for most of it

He had 24 and his pressure was excellent. Missed a few targets when he was cooked. A very good game overall.

He burns too much, his possessions are loose and he crops too many easy balls. He’s down atm, but we can afford to back him in until he picks up.

The ticketing system sh*t Itself today when the rush of spectators started after 3.30. They were hand scanning them. The figure is meaningless.

Yeah we missed the first bounce due to the lineup at the eastern gate. When we got to the turnstiles, it looked like every second person was getting a scanning error. The guy was just letting people through without checking.

Nah Duursma had a mare. No knock on his workrate but his game was an absolute clangerfest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back