Two appointed to Adelaide's Board of Directors

Remove this Banner Ad

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Experienced corporate executive Stephen Roche and commercial lawyer Shanti Berggren have taken up positions on the Adelaide Football Club’s Board of Directors.

Roche fills the vacancy left by Jim Hazel who recently retired after more than a decade of service, while Berggren is a new appointment on a three-year term.

Under the Club’s Constitution, the Board can comprise up to 10 Directors with two of those Member-elected.

Roche currently working as the Managing Director of Bridgestone Australia & NZ.

Shanti Berggren ran on the members vote a few months ago and came 2nd in the votes. Guess they're filtering their own approved candidates through the members positions.

And yet Riccuito remains on the board.

Both Stephen Roche and Shanti Berggren are outstanding appointments, but this would've been a perfect time to remove Riccuito from the board.

Agreed 100%

Could be good, Roche is my boss's, boss's boss. See him quite often. He's a shrewd operator. Will keep my ear to the ground for scraps of info.
Welcome to the elite club! Another of our board members is also my Boss's, Boss's boss. :p

Used to have Rod Jameson within the organisation too, managed to pry out Sloane's last re-signing, but never any more info than that.

Welcome to the elite club! Another of our board members is also my Boss's, Boss's boss. :p

Used to have Rod Jameson within the organisation too, managed to pry out Sloane's last re-signing, but never any more info than that.
We can only try, can't see him letting much go but you never know. I'm just hopeful of some corporate box tickets :)

Thoughts on Jameson in the corporate world?

Roche currently working as the Managing Director of Bridgestone Australia & NZ.

Shanti Berggren ran on the members vote a few months ago and came 2nd in the votes. Guess they're filtering their own approved candidates through the members positions.

It was always certain that's exactly how they'd run the member voted positions. Hand picked lackeys where we get to vote for the least worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Olsen is a smart operator. Appoint Shanti to show that your listening to the members desire to have more member elected positions. I like it.

Have to say I like this. Both look great.

The cynic in me wonders if the 'member elected' is being manipulated to only provide people they would have appointed themselves anyway. It becomes a bit of a con job then.
The hopeful part of me thinks that Olsen has seen good operators from outside the normal bubble and brought them in.

Is.....

is.....

is Olsen good?

It's been so long since we had even a remotely capable Chairman, I'm not sure what is going on anymore.

It was - there’s a bit going on behind the scenes with Olsen and the AFL to expand the number on the board.. potentially to dilute the impact of some other long standing board members who aren’t easy to get rid off

i stood up at the agm and asked why the board haven’t felt the need to hold themselves accountable

now we know

Remove this Banner Ad

Back