List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North II - It's Over

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously hasn’t been the same since his injuries. Miles off his peak and if he forces GWS to honour that deal it will stuff their TPP for years to come. Kinda funny really, we should go and offer Tom Green a 5 year deal.

If we can get him cheaply then why not? A more expensive version of shaun higgins.

I'm serious.

In fact.....you can take some of that small fortune we offered to Kelly and give some of it to Bailey Scott's next contract. Someone who wanted to come to our club from day 1 when he could have easily gone to Geelong or GoldCoast if he wanted to.

I get that some guys aren't into the romance of wanting to play at the club their father's once played at.

But the ones that do....we should look after them.

and not be begging for others that don't.

If Kelly was coming to North in the future it would surely be on our terms and on his enquiring about us. $600k Max.

He would need to be fit and onboard. He would need to fit our age profile needs.

I can’t see it even being discussed now , the time passed from what I can see.

I'm serious.

In fact.....you can take some of that small fortune we offered to Kelly and give some of it to Bailey Scott's next contract. Someone who wanted to come to our club from day 1 when he could have easily gone to Geelong or GoldCoast if he wanted to.

I get that some guys aren't into the romance of wanting to play at the club their father's once played at.

But the ones that do....we should look after them.

and not be begging for others that don't.
You said you wouldn’t take him for free mate..

I would drive to Sydney and pick him up personally and Wristo_ could give him free hand-shandies on cue if he wanted to play for free..

Would be a fantastic pickup for us; someone with great run and carry that could lead the midfield for the next 5+ years.
Wont be spending picks on him though.

The big asterix on that is it'd only be for around 16 games a year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we can get him for free in terms of picks, we're mad not to pick him up.

Kelly and pick1/2 rounds out the midfield for years to come.

Lets be honest, he’s EXACTLY the missing back flanker type we’re screaming out for.

Imagine him running off half back and distributing to our CHF/FF with Noble’s new corridor based gameplan for the next 7 years?

Make him our ‘quarterback’ with occasional stints on the ball and we improve tenfold.

Lets be honest, he’s EXACTLY the missing back flanker type we’re screaming out for.

Imagine him running off half back and distributing to our CHF/FF with Noble’s new corridor based gameplan for the next 7 years?

Make him our ‘quarterback’ with occasional stints on the ball and we improve tenfold.

You have to laugh at anyone who claims they wouldn't want him at North, but then again this also applies to a lot of other trade hypothetical's about players who would walk in to our current best 22.

Kelly through free agency
Harry Mckay through PSD
Number 1 pick in national draft

That will do for this year.

You have to laugh at anyone who claims they wouldn't want him at North, but then again this also applies to a lot of other trade hypothetical's about players who would walk in to our current best 22.
I would be astonished if he’s not part of our rebuild plan.. in fact it would be criminal.

You want to pay 8 million dollars for a hbf’er?

I would be astonished if he’s not part of our rebuild plan.. in fact it would be criminal.

A running wingman with kicking skills? Sounds like the Noble game plan production line prototype to me.

You want to pay 8 million dollars for a hbf’er?

Why do people get hung up on these numbers as if they're unshakeable facts that bind the future?

This isn't a game of monopoly mate.

If he's only in it for the money, then he won't leave, but he's never been in it first for the money, and no one really knows the factors in his contract anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back