Opinion Commentary & Media V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy Maher and Bob Murphy stuck up for us on SEN about keeping the Good Friday Game.

Bob also stuck up for Tom Dyson keeping his spot in our team.

That’s contrary to the dominant perspective on here.
Not saying I agree with it all. But, the attribution of much of our current woes on Brad on here sometimes is equally, if not more biased on occasion.
The reality is probably somewhere in between.
The biggest hole in our list is quality in that 24-28 age bracket and that falls on one person and one person alone.

The Brad Scott development plan was to let kids rot in the VFL while protecting his favourites.

His and Joyce’s selections as well as the development of them is why we are in this mess and that’s undeniable.

To blame the current list mangent and coaches for the failings of someone that was head coach for 10 years is just burying your head in the sand.

It’s going to take a long time to get players that are of high quality in that 24-28 age bracket, unless you can convince them via trade / free agency.

Tots easier to lay the blame at the feet of people currently at the club who are trying to fix the mess, than actually blame the bloke that made the mess and ****ed off.

The same happened with Pagan, the only difference being he took us to the top of the mountain before he left a mess and ****ed off.

Could have something to do with drafting sh*t players. Just a bit of devil’s advocate.
Add in poor player developments and you have the perfect s**t sandwich.

Brad even admitted he had his favourites and a lot of the time he continually backed them in to the detriment of young talent that was left to rot at VFL level.

The biggest hole in our list is quality in that 24-28 age bracket and that falls on one person and one person alone.

The Brad Scott development plan was to let kids rot in the VFL while protecting his favourites.

His and Joyce’s selections as well as the development of them is why we are in this mess and that’s undeniable.

To blame the current list mangent and coaches for the failings of someone that was head coach for 10 years is just burying your head in the sand.

It’s going to take a long time to get players that are of high quality in that 24-28 age bracket, unless you can convince them via trade / free agency.

Tots easier to lay the blame at the feet of people currently at the club who are trying to fix the mess, than actually blame the bloke that made the mess and f’ed off.

The same happened with Pagan, the only difference being he took us to the top of the mountain before he left a mess and f’ed off.
Who’s laying the blame at the feet of the current administration

Tots easier to lay the blame at the feet of people currently at the club who are trying to fix the mess, than actually blame the bloke that made the mess and f’ed off.

The same happened with Pagan, the only difference being he took us to the top of the mountain before he left a mess and f’ed off.
Not sure why you’ve quoted my post then talked about a whole lot of things I didn’t make reference to such as laying blame at the feet of the current administration?
I said nothing along those lines whatsoever.
Feel free to post your opinion. But please don’t quote me and extrapolate things from my posts that I made no reference to.

Who’s laying the blame at the feet of the current administration

Not sure why you’ve quoted my post then talked about a whole lot of things I didn’t make reference to such as laying blame at the feet of the current administration?
I said nothing along those lines whatsoever.
Feel free to post your opinion. But please don’t quote me and extrapolate things from my posts that I made no reference to.
Your post referred to current opinions that our woes are the fault of Brad Scott, as being biased.

If we aren’t blaming Brad, then who are we blaming? The guy was at the club for 10 years, so if you are of the opinion that anyone blaming Brad is biased then you must believe that our woes are on the current administration?

I am interested what you think is so biased about blaming a bloke who shaped our list for the 10 out of the last 12 years?

My whole point is that our biggest issue is the quality of players in the 24-28 year old bracket, and other than a couple of new recruits these cohort of players are all Brad Scott recruited and developed.

Last edited:
Hmm, some revisionist history here by Jake. Brad had his strengths but also his blindspots. Development of junior players being one of them. As for North being 'unfashionable,' well pardon me. Any notion that North is unfashionable arises from the drivel of many of Jake's colleagues that sadly passes for football media and commentary. Anyway, since when has loving your club needed to be a fashion statement? Or am I getting old?

No Bertie it was Irritating to read.

It fails to tease out the relationship between Brad's flaws as a Coach and our current predicament.

The article properly acknowledges that players liked him and played for him. That much is true. But Brad's nearly 10 years at the helm was a master-class in how not to win a premiership. That much is definitely true.

His stubborn refusal to drop underperforming favourites, his reluctance to put games into young players until close to his end, his failure in identifying and nurturing young talent within the players he had at his disposal, his preoccupation with blue collar players and him misjudging twice the quality of his list are things that prospective Clubs should also be factoring in. I don't bear him any malice and in a way he helped stabilise the Club in trying times, and he deserves credit for that, but he also needs to take a fair share of the responsibility for what's happening now.

Most of all, I love the irony of him getting slavish credit for identifying a problem he helped create. Monty python stuff.

Your post referred to current opinions that our woes are the fault of Brad Scott, as being biased.

If we aren’t blaming Brad, then who are we blaming? The guy was at the club for 10 years, so if you are of the opinion that anyone blaming Brad is biased then you must believe that our woes are on the current administration?

I am interested what you think is so biased about blaming a bloke who shaped our list for the 10 out of the last 12 years?

My whole point is that our biggest issue is the quality of players in the 24-28 year old bracket, and other than a couple of new recruits these cohort of players are all Brad Scott recruited and developed.
All I said is:
  • I don't reckon he's as good as what the article makes out.
  • Also, I don't think he's as bad as many on here make out.
That's all I really want to say about it. I'd prefer to focus on what's happening with the game next weekend and gradually convince myself we're a chance of winning over the week only to be bitterly disappointed come Sunday night then wonder how I could have ever let myself think we were even a chance of winning in the first place. How do you let yourself get sucked in every $%$$#%^ week!?!

Thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hall shouldn't get another game but Young has been pretty good imo. Obviously played a shocker against his old team, but perseverance is needed with some.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
The spud named Will Schofield has potted Ben Cunnington on 6PR perth radio, asked who was the roos best player he named Ben but was quick to add that he would not make it in the top 22 of most of the top clubs in the AFL

We have options for Hall's spot. We really don't with Young. The injury list simply doesn't allow us the luxury of dropping Young.

Hall shouldn't get another game but Young has been pretty good imo. Obviously played a shocker against his old team, but perseverance is needed with some.

Hall/Dyson are only playing due to injuries - they’re finished

No he was serious,he said this is no disrespect to Ben but that is how he sees it
Should be sacked by his employer as he is supposed have an inkling of an idea of what he is talking about.

Genuinely walks into every single midfield in the league, no ifs or buts.

Harsh on Young. He's been pretty consistent and decent prior to this, with no questions over his effort that I can recall, and he didn't go into his shell after those errors.
Yeh he just had one bad game. Easy target to call him out on this one when most of the side were s**t

Should be sacked by his employer as he is supposed have an inkling of an idea of what he is talking about.

Genuinely walks into every single midfield in the league, no ifs or buts.

Will be our future talent scout with that keen eye.

Bookmark it 😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back