Opinion Commentary & Media V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t watched the replay, but I note from Giantroo’s clips that JB was commentating.

I find him a sh*t commentator.

Yeah I agree, should just stick to the rush hour and the Saturday rub

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Mole
2aeb8983511894fc5286c394cee95942.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I appreciate that Caro's forte is not on-field performance but she's hardly going out on a limb in saying that a team that is 3 games into a full rebuild is not going to be a world-beater in 12 months. Thanks so much, Captain Obvious.

I’ll tell you what, though.

A week, a month, a year is a long time in football.

If we have a relatively strong tail end to the season the narrative around us will have completely changed.

s**t, it’ll change in a week if we pull a performance out of the hat.

The media have the memories and attention span of senile goldfish.

Well that is a hot take.
What absolute nonsense.
Brad did not want a rebuild, he just said it was one of several options the club had. As was topping up. Do you really think him and Joyce would have gone down that path if they didn't decide that. I mean cmon. When did Brad take orders from anyone?
And yeah Brad was a great coach.
Except for the failure to communicate with junior players, refusal to play younger players. Playing Campbell over Larkey. Refusing to blood McKay or Durdin in Thompson's last year. Writing off LDU. Letting Atley coast for 10 years. Not bothering to try to develop McDonald into more than a half back despite making same mistake with Atley. Playing Clarke in a back pocket when we needed midfield run. And on and on and on.
Christ Jake, must have been a long lunch for Brad to sell this story.
Brad's first half of his tenure was very good, I do believe. His second half was not and he stayed too long. That is a fact.

Hid this little nugget at the end of the article, would have thought it was one of the major points when assessing Scott's time?

View attachment 1093611

what the *? Did the "talent deficit" cause us to throw away six goal leads? Lose to a spoon fancy one week then beat Hawthorn the next? Piss off Jake you hack

Well that is a hot take.
What absolute nonsense.
Brad did not want a rebuild, he just said it was one of several options the club had. As was topping up. Do you really think him and Joyce would have gone down that path if they didn't decide that. I mean cmon. When did Brad take orders from anyone?
And yeah Brad was a great coach.
Except for the failure to communicate with junior players, refusal to play younger players. Playing Campbell over Larkey. Refusing to blood McKay or Durdin in Thompson's last year. Writing off LDU. Letting Atley coast for 10 years. Not bothering to try to develop McDonald into more than a half back despite making same mistake with Atley. Playing Clarke in a back pocket when we needed midfield run. And on and on and on.
Christ Jake, must have been a long lunch for Brad to sell this story.
Brad's first half of his tenure was very good, I do believe. His second half was not and he stayed too long. That is a fact.

That article is a steaming pile of vomit.

When did Scott write LDU off? That in and of itself should have been immediate dismissal.

Hmm, some revisionist history here by Jake. Brad had his strengths but also his blindspots. Development of junior players being one of them. As for North being 'unfashionable,' well pardon me. Any notion that North is unfashionable arises from the drivel of many of Jake's colleagues that sadly passes for football media and commentary. Anyway, since when has loving your club needed to be a fashion statement? Or am I getting old?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JB, Duck, Barrett, Dal Santo, King...

Never before have I seen so many North ‘supporters’ in media presenting to the masses. Triple M even has 3 on at once!

The opportunity for positive influence on the club here is genuinely once in a life time huge.

Sadly, that opportunity continues to be pissed away. What a waste

Never before have I seen so many North ‘supporters’ in media presenting to the masses. Triple M even has 3 on at once!

The opportunity for positive influence on the club here is genuinely once in a life time huge.

They are all corporates mate , yes there may be an opportunity but these guys are not exactly North true bloods, other than King.

Dal is a Saint, Barret is a money whore, Duck and JB are obsessed with appearing impartial so its not all gravy imho.

The geelong man himself Billy Brownless is more balanced than any of those. He gives criticism but then still be optimistic.

Well that’s just my take anyways from what I am hearing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That’s contrary to the dominant perspective on here.
Not saying I agree with it all. But, the attribution of much of our current woes on Brad on here sometimes is equally, if not more biased on occasion.
The reality is probably somewhere in between.

well yes, but when you hold a car together with duct tape for as long as we did....are you really gonna be that shocked when it catches fire? or I dunno a bulldog wanders up and takes a piss on it, which leads to the front falling off??
LOL The front end of my car is held on by duct tape right now and the radiator is shitting itself. I'll still be shocked if it actually catches fire.

Hmm, some revisionist history here by Jake. Brad had his strengths but also his blindspots. Development of junior players being one of them. As for North being 'unfashionable,' well pardon me. Any notion that North is unfashionable arises from the drivel of many of Jake's colleagues that sadly passes for football media and commentary. Anyway, since when has loving your club needed to be a fashion statement? Or am I getting old?
Could have something to do with drafting s**t players. Just a bit of devil’s advocate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back