Preview Round 4 v Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval Friday 9th April 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
play a 2nd ruck/forward so we have options down the line and to drop back
play another an extra mid not another hbf. cos egg is s**t and we dont need to take a risk with houli, but he'll likely be in.

out egg presita cotchin macca
in ross martyn ryan houli

looking forward to seeing how we bounce back. key forwards look to be dominating and we are just not using jack and lynch to the same way for whatever reason.

Port and Tigers both played like they had their eyes on this clash.

Port are full strength and Tigers now missing a bit and we look like submitting a similar midfield to the one Port smashed last season. The one thing we have in our favour though is Soldo was badly samshed up going into that game and here we have Nankervis, who might be looking to take his ill humour out on Port Adelaide. So that is our hope. But I think we have our work cut out sadly.

Houli in for Egg.

Ross for Cotchin.

Collier-Dawkins for Prestia.

Rioli for Macintosh.

Chol a possible inclusion, unsure of how they shuffle things to accomodate him, possibly by resting Aarts.

I wouldn’t mind seeing us go the knuckle here against this feral lot. Duursma and Butters high on my shopping list. Be nice to smash All Australian imposter Byrne-Jones as well.

It is one of those games where you might get beaten so the main thing you want to get out of it is to etch fear into the minds of your opponents so they never want to face you again.

EDIT: Sounds like Cotchin is likely to play, but in any event Martyn seems to be ahead of Collier-Dawkins for now.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon we need a big game from Tom Lynch. Has been just plodding along playing his role for a while now, but on the cash he is on it would be good to see him dominating.

A lot of key forwards having good seasons. He is not

Even If we get rolled here i can't see Melbourne or the aints beating us. 3 and 2 at worst after 5 4 and 1 at best

If Port are half decent they should win this week by at least 5 goals. We will name a s**t side and umps will gift them enough frees to win fairly easily.

Which means if we beat them then they may as well give up and go back to the SANFL.

On the other hand If we name Chol i'll open up a betting account and put it all on Port.

We play like we did vs Swans we get even more smacked, unless port play like they did against the Eagles then it’s a cripple fight s**t fest and who knows which team that favours.

It’ll be a cripple fight or a smashing if the trend of round 3 continues.

No tip for now I’ll wait to see the changes first.

Some key stats from the VFL on Saturday

J.Ross: 21 D, 2.0, 10 i50, 9 TCK
P.Naish: 39 D, 15 HR, 8 i50, 6 R50, 5 SA
W. Martyn: 24 D, 11 HR, 1.0, 4 TCK, 4 i50
B.Houli: 22 D, 3 i50, 6 R50 (only 3 quarters)
H. Ralphsmith: 24 D, 13 HR, 4 i50, 4 R50
R.Garthwaite: 18 D, 9 M, 6 TCK, 1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back