Preview Round 4 v Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval Friday 9th April 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some key stats from the VFL on Saturday

J.Ross: 21 D, 2.0, 10 i50, 9 TCK
P.Naish: 39 D, 15 HR, 8 i50, 6 R50, 5 SA
W. Martyn: 24 D, 11 HR, 1.0, 4 TCK, 4 i50
B.Houli: 22 D, 3 i50, 6 R50 (only 3 quarters)
H. Ralphsmith: 24 D, 13 HR, 4 i50, 4 R50
R.Garthwaite: 18 D, 9 M, 6 TCK, 1.1

What’s a HR?

Edit: Handball receive?

Last edited:

where'd you find these mate?

Reckon we need a big game from Tom Lynch. Has been just plodding along playing his role for a while now, but on the cash he is on it would be good to see him dominating.

100% agree...sure he plays a role... but gees he needs to stick those marks and slot those goals

he stood up in this game when we needed him in 2019... let’s go Tom....we need you Lunchy

Naishy on fire 39 disposal...fmd. 8 inside 50s ...i thought this day would never come...well done pat...keep it up

Rossy with 10 inside 50s...great work...see you in the ones this week

Naishy on fire 39 disposal...fmd. 8 inside 50s ...i thought this day would never come...well done pat...keep it up

Rossy with 10 inside 50s...great work...see you in the ones this week
Only thing on Ross (not sure where I read it) is that he may of been reported during the game for a hit or something

KiwiTiger do you know anything about an incident during the vfl practice game?

where is maurice junior

Out - Kmac, Prestia, 🥚
In - Ross, RCD, houli

Caddy to go back to a wing role,
Like to see Cotchin start rotating through half back as well as mid to give him a bit of a rest and add some toughness and smarts to the backs.

RCD to hopefully debut and Ross to finally see some much deserved game time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100% agree...sure he plays a role... but gees he needs to stick those marks and slot those goals

he stood up in this game when we needed him in 2019... let’s go Tom....we need you Lunchy
Port is not a team that generally puts an extra defender behind the ball so we need to be really smart this week to let Lynch be our lead up forward at every opportunity. To do so we need to clear out the 50 arc so one of our small forwards will need to push hard up near the wing after every centre bounce. That leaves Jack and maybe one of Cadds/Chol to play nearer the goalsquare. We have to try something a bit different.

Heading to Adelaide for a holiday this week so will be at the game

A mate who brews for Pirate life has sorted tickets on the Graham Cornes Deck - any south Aussie punters been on the deck before?

We’ve had a couple brilliant wins agst Poort over there.
I’ll be doing cartwheels if we can do it again this week. Can’t see it. Poort should be breathing fire for 4Q’s...don’t think we’ll have the talent on the park or same motivation to stand up to it.

Naish in a hostile environment such as Port in Adelaide is the last game I would be picking him for. If we are going to give Naish an opportunity than do so against a side who isn't likely to bring the heat and perhaps give him the confidence of being able to execute at the highest level.

Only thing on Ross (not sure where I read it) is that he may of been reported during the game for a hit or something

KiwiTiger do you know anything about an incident during the vfl practice game?

No mate. I watched the second quarter only. Had to get to the G for the President’s Function and missed the rest. Haven’t heard anything since.

Haere Ra

So Cotchy likely to play v Poort...great news

this means Prestia and KMac out (Aarts and Caddy could be dropped) ...Vlas remains out for 4 weeks

based on an article on the AFL web page...Houli, Ross, RCD, Martyn, SRS and Chol will be considered

RICHMOND remains confident skipper Trent Cotchin will line up in Friday’s mouth-watering clash with Port Adelaide despite "precautionary" management of his hamstring on Saturday.

The three-time premiership captain ended the weekend's loss to Sydney with his hamstring iced, with coach Damien Hardwick saying the move was precautionary due to Cotchin's history of hamstring injuries in recent years.

But the Tigers say the 30-year-old has not suffered any new injury and at this stage expect him to make the trip to Adelaide Oval to take on the Power in a rematch of last year's preliminary final on Friday night.

Cotchin was a late withdrawal from the Tigers' round one clash with Carlton due to illness.

Richmond faces at least two forced changes from its loss to the red-hot Swans at the MCG, with Dion Prestia suffering another hamstring strain in the defeat and Kamdyn McIntosh ruled out with concussion after a heavy hit late in the game
Triple premiership defender Bachar Houli will be considered after playing in the VFL on the weekend and getting through unscathed, however Hardwick revealed post-game that gun defender Nick Vlastuin is set to miss at least another month after subsequent scans showed his round one knee injury was worse than initially thought.

Jack Ross, who impressed in the VFL on Saturday, appears a likely inclusion for Prestia, with the Tigers also bullish on young midfield pair Riley Collier-Dawkins and Will Martyn as both press claims for a senior debut.

Running half-back Hugo Ralphsmith is another gunning for a debut having been named an emergency last week, while Mabior Chol is also expected to be considered, particularly given his impact against the Power in their thrilling mid-season game last year when he kicked two goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back