News Brad Crouch decision (ADL chickenshit, decline to match, receive 23)

Remove this Banner Ad

Provided they get his body right (even 70%), there is no way they will let one of their highest paid players stay in the second with still 3 years left on that big contract.
Lol,, they won't have a choice as his body is cooked!

UcantCme

Premiership Player
Mar 3, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Provided they get his body right (even 70%), there is no way they will let one of their highest paid players stay in the second with still 3 years left on that big contract.
His body has been broken now for 3 years, he's gone......

Playing him at 70% will result in another breakdown

It was a ridiculous length contract considering all the industry knew that his body shot even prior to getting to the Saints

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

UcantCme

Premiership Player
Mar 3, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Matt is a very good short kick of the football. What he lacks is penetration and accuracy over distance. I think he might be valuable in the new system that affords a lot more space to short kicks.

My main concern is locking him in on a long deal. 2 years would be reasonable but I doubt he would accept that. If it's 5 years or he's out, I'm packing his bags.
However most of his short kicks are either sideways or down the line

He doesnt take on the short attacking angle kick that opens up the game

Not to mention that his first give by hand can often be the wrong option thatinstead of releasing a player, it goes to a player under the pump

We basically get little value for his possessions

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

CharlieCrow

All Australian
Oct 11, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
South Adelaide, Everton, NY Yankees
Looking forward to seeing Matt Crouch playing without his brother. They waxed far too much - that's when Brad actually got on the field. He'll have to buy in to the new team and game plan or he might find himself redundant!

Hannebery looks like a complete bust for the Saints unfortunately. I hope for their sake Brad doesn't go down the same path because their list looks a little light on.

They need a star midfielder to complement Steele. A genuine classy match winner

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
This Jekyll and Hyde team was with Pyke in 2018 and in particular 2019 and given what happened with the CM anyone could see that the experience playing group choose when to play and when not to and understandably so.....
No it was there years before that North Melbourne in Tassie, etc etc.

skittlebrew

Premiership Player
Feb 8, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Looking forward to seeing Matt Crouch playing without his brother. They waxed far too much - that's when Brad actually got on the field. He'll have to buy in to the new team and game plan or he might find himself redundant!

Whatchatalkingaboutwillis didn't he already play a tonne of games without his cripple brother? - or you didn't watch those games? Matt was born a plodding accumulator and will die a plodding accumulator. Although I think he had a good rapport with Jacobs, I think losing him hurts his stat line.

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Could have been a bluff, but they complained last year about cap space during the Brad negotiations. If they struggle this year they're going to find it hard to attract that real star power.
$900K 7 year deal for Hill and $900 5 year deal for Hannebery. I think they thought they were close to the premiership so top up with experience so will be interesting the next few years, they won't be playing finals this year.

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Whatchatalkingaboutwillis didn't he already play a tonne of games without his cripple brother? - or you didn't watch those games? Matt was born a plodding accumulator and will die a plodding accumulator. Although I think he had a good rapport with Jacobs, I think losing him hurts his stat line.
Yes we did and he was back to his best last year when he played inside midfield again rucking to O'Brien and very important in helping us win those games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

skittlebrew

Premiership Player
Feb 8, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
$900K 7 year deal for Hill and $900 5 year deal for Hannebery. I think they thought they were close to the premiership so top up with experience so will be interesting the next few years, they won't be playing finals this year.

Don't they have a lot of injuries at the moment, I thought they had some decent momentum last year. 7 years for Hill? Ouch! That Hannebury deal hurts the most though - is he genuinely even best 22?

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Don't they have a lot of injuries at the moment, I thought they had some decent momentum last year. 7 years for Hill? Ouch! That Hannebury deal hurts the most though - is he genuinely even best 22?
Mainly to their ruckmen in Ryder and Marshall, very doubtful they would they have made a 10 goal difference against Essendon though. Their entire team played like they were content with their achievement last year. Maybe the new rule change has caught them out along with the longer quarters.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I just saw the clip. Nicks is referencing tennis being an individual sport not a team sport like AFL. nothing derogatory just telling people they have to back each other up. amazingly it looks like its happening now.

side note i loved seeing rat sitting there like a kid in school that is trying to make themselves look small so the teacher doesn't ask them a question.

Rat wearing a suns top in the meeting?. Not even sure why he was there in that case as he had mentally checked out by then

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I felt sorry for Brad, to have heaps of injuries after showing brilliant signs early in his career but losing the speed he once promised.
His drug use with a young player was extremely regrettable, but I don’t begrudge Brad’s efforts for the club. But purely on form grounds and our teams need for more speed and two way running, we needed to make a change.
Our midfield looks better without him to my eye, and Berry looks to be a very important player for us going forward.
I love Nick’s demand that you defend or play elsewhere. Berry is the epitome of what Nick’s is demanding.
This looks to be a win for our culture AND our playing list!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Think it looks like we got lucky with getting berry with the shi.ful compo pick we got for brad. A pick near 30 on the night could have been a complete bust but so far it looks the very opposite.

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
You chose one game in isolation, 2018 and in particular 2019 was a trend.
No I said it first and I know what I was referring to. They were unreliable well before they play a grand final.

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
No I said it first and I know what I was referring to. They were unreliable well before they play a grand final.
All teams have poor games in a season, what was happening in 2018 and 2019 was we were extremely consistent in a lot of games during the game which had all of us questioning what the hell was going on and now we all know and this started after the mid season break in 2017 when Pyke double down on the CM and was overwhelming rejected by the players such that him and Burton had to apologies a few months later for CM.

Ravenous Crow

Club Legend
Mar 18, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Jarryd Lyons, Vikings
On the topic of Brad Crouch this is an interesting observation/prediction from Ben Dixon

I'm envious that anyone could get paid to produce these types of takes. Inside mid is still the most important position on the ground and there's always going to be a premium on players who can win the ball out of a stoppage. Look at the Port-West Coast game to see what happens when two 'good' teams play against each other and one team's midfield gets on top.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Could have been a bluff, but they complained last year about cap space during the Brad negotiations. If they struggle this year they're going to find it hard to attract that real star power.

No way a bluff, everything we get told by clubs during these kind of events is 100% true. We're the only ingenious bastards that think of misleading other clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back