Preview Changes: R5 2021 vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Peter Caven once tried to float in front of a Plugger lead.

Once.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Peter Caven was running back with the flight of the ball and copped an elbow by a person with no eyes for it in one of the biggest acts of cowardice seen on a football field.

I didn’t get that impression at all. He did a few nice things on Saturday. He is clearly at a level above Sanfl skill wise but needs to do a bit more. Having said that I have no doubt he would offer more than Frampton at the moment.

the question is whether you replace Frampton with himm or go in another direction

I agree with this assessment of Himmelberg, at present. The "consensus" of him spitting the dummy is arrant nonsense.
He is playing OK, exhibiting effort, and doing his thing in the SANFL: it is up to him to get back into the firsts.

I have crticised him in the past for laziness/lack of effort, but this is not one of those times. In particular, at the end of 2019, in SANFL, his and Gallucci's body language and lack of effort was appalling. I don't see that now.

From Round 10 1985 to Round 17 1985 inclusive, Plugger kicked 46 goals 4 behinds. 92% accuracy.

You can’t ignore sample size.
I've already acknowledged Fog's small sample size. I am also cogniscant that Fog's 25 games have been spread across 4 seasons, and he's done it consistently throughout this time. This indicates that it's not a "hot streak", like Porps' run of 19 consecutive goals, but simply a matter of having a near perfect kicking technique.

No point trying to tell the himmelberg fan club in here that himm is out of form and absolute dogshit at the moment.. they simply will not listen and quite obviously havent watched any of the sanfl or trial matches..

you tell them and not long after they once again demand Himmelberg comes in to the AFL side...

we should drop frampton for TT if anyone.. but TT hasnt exactly been lighting it up in the SANFL either..

the funny thing about Murray is he’s over on the “will fog make it” thread talking fog down.. but at the same time he thinks himmelbergs the answer!.

fog kicked three goals on the w/e, two from bloody tight angles 50m out.. Himmelberg didnt even make the distance from 35 out on a 45 degree angle against westies on the w/e..

yet himmelberg should come in and it doubtful on fog according to muzza!..

You have been making some good posts lately, but your blind hatred of Himmelberg is disturbing the balance of your mind, as evidenced by the bolded.

I agree completely that Himmelberg has not done enough yet to warrant promotion, but the justification for this does not require misrepresenting the reality of his performances. Also, as I have mentioned elsewhere, questioning his motivation and effort is off the mark at the present time.
Simply, he has not yet shown enough for promotion.

Yet another poster who can't ****ing read.

Why are there so many illiterate posters on this board?
Similar to the amount who can't detect sarcasm?

Whether we like it or not, Mackay is next man in. I don't see a player getting dropped for him, but Lynch should miss through injury and maybe McAdam depending on whether he needed a jab to play at that level in the 4th quarter. Lynch will put his hand up again and McAdam did play it out, so probably no changes.

I've already acknowledged Fog's small sample size. I am also cogniscant that Fog's 25 games have been spread across 4 seasons, and he's done it consistently throughout this time. This indicates that it's not a "hot streak", like Porps' run of 19 consecutive goals, but simply a matter of having a near perfect kicking technique.
Vader you've been going on and on about Fog for 2 weeks running.

Take a break.

Himmelberg is worse than Frampton. Hes also playing sh*t. If we drop Billy then Fog can be an extra mid and ruck when ROB needs a rest
in: Berg, Worrell
Out: Frampton, Mcpherson - I think he is the guy struggling the most down back at the moment
Himmelberg is worse than Frampton. Hes also playing sh*t. If we drop Billy then Fog can be an extra mid and ruck when ROB needs a rest

Whether we like it or not, Mackay is next man in. I don't see a player getting dropped for him, but Lynch should miss through injury and maybe McAdam depending on whether he needed a jab to play at that level in the 4th quarter. Lynch will put his hand up again and McAdam did play it out, so probably no changes.
Wouldn't Benny Davis be the next man in if Lynch can't go?

If Lobb plays, will they drop a tall or do they attempt to stretch us defensively ?? I still think we're susceptible to a taller forwardline. I don't think Worrell will be a KPD at AFL level but it's time we gave him a run to find out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the line has been ruled through him. He's the type that would need to put a month of outstanding SANFL form together and I can't see that as having happened or even possible with our current 22 down there.
Yeah, you're probably right. Its a bit of a shame though, I like the kid, seems to have a nice toolbag with a few extra tricks to throw around.

Never really got to see if he was anything more at the next level.

Yeah, you're probably right. Its a bit of a shame though, I like the kid, seems to have a nice toolbag with a few extra tricks to throw around.

Never really got to see if he was anything more at the next level.

I thought he showed a couple of nice signs in both of his single game runs in losing sides. Thought he deserved a block of games to see whether that could expand out a bit more.

I thought he showed a couple of nice signs in both of his single game runs in losing sides. Thought he deserved a block of games to see whether that could expand out a bit more.
Me too. The only way I see it happening is if Lynch came out and the selectors only want to play a like for like. So yeah, slim at best!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back