Preview Rnd 5 - Carlton vs Port Adelaide Sat April 16th 7.25PM @ MCG - Team Post #765

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could gov play on georgiadis if it starts to get out of hand ?

I personally don't think gov is a good defender. The few times we've done it years ago he was loose man not accountable.

At Adelaide he played a bit back there but I dont remember ever being that impressed...he's a forward for mine.

Willo can take Georgiades. They’re about the same height and it gives Willo a job to do rather than run around like a headless chook.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Who plays on Gray?

Depends where he is playing from. My view is that one of Jones or Weitering should be the deepest defender at every stoppage.

If it is a cluttered forward line and Gray is deep, Weiters takes whoever is there with him. If it is an open forward line, Jones has more pace. Nobody is betting Gray to the ball and while Plowman is good against the likes of Michael Walters, Gray has far more tricks and strength. If Plow plays on Gray, then Levi is down back on Marshall/Lycett or McGovern is down back on Georgiades.

In those circumstances Kennedy is playing the JSOS 3rd tall forward role.

Depends where he is playing from. My view is that one of Jones or Weitering should be the deepest defender at every stoppage.

If it is a cluttered forward line and Gray is deep, Weiters takes whoever is there with him. If it is an open forward line, Jones has more pace. Nobody is betting Gray to the ball and while Plowman is good against the likes of Michael Walters, Gray has far more tricks and strength. If Plow plays on Gray, then Levi is down back on Marshall/Lycett or McGovern is down back on Georgiades.

In those circumstances Kennedy is playing the JSOS 3rd tall forward role.

And this would be my setups

Weits on the deepest tall
Jones on the other
Plow on Gray

Gov on Georgiades, but suspect they will start with Willo, which concerns me

This is my concern

Both of you are good judges yet we all see this so differently

Their forward setup is what I would focus on this week, get the match ups right ( with pressure from the mids) and it goes a long way to beating them
Or smash them in the middle

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’ll miss JSoS pressure and forward work. He is a big loss with what he does for us.
Don't care how many goals Gov kicks, I just want to see him get busy, tackle with intent and bruise a few opponents. Also want Pitto to get physical against that Lycett malaka (code: I'm not really Greek)

Don't care how many goals Gov kicks, I just want to see him get busy, tackle with intent and bruise a few opponents. Also want Pitto to get physical against that Lycett malaka (code: I'm not really Greek)
For me he is what's been missing with our ball movement. Someone on the move and lead up target between the arcs. H and casboult havent done much outside of the 50m arc (casboult SFA)

It just depends if it's the normal gov, a small cameo otherwise does nothing or a contributor.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

I agree with the calls for Ed to sit on Boak but I’m surprised Houston doesn’t get much of a mention on here. He’s probably the best wing in the league so far this year and one of the most damaging players in the comp so far. I hope Cottrell is sent to him and advised to play him very tight all day.

Staggered they went with Willo who I thought needed an extended stint in the 2s. DT must really be worried about Ports talls.

Win the midfield battle and it won’t be an issue. Excited for the challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back