Preview Changes Rd 8 vs Port Power

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately it looks like Josh Worrell has been snubbed again

It's looking more and more like he is that player mentioned in the rumour thread as being on the club's shitlist.

Are we surprised?

They're flat track bullies so this is exactly the game that they love.

They'll smash us and as usual the Tealsters will be up and about claiming the flag is already won and completely forget about how they've been exposed twice already this year.
Why can't we do whatever has been exposed as their weakness then?

Who goes our for Sloane. Apart from keys it could possible be anyone

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I reckon an underperforming small forward might be in trouble. First is probably McAdam as I reckon he's injured. I'd say Berg a chance as well for structure, but we played Murray forward late last week, so they're obviously super keen on out-heighting our opposition.

I reckon an underperforming small forward might be in trouble. First is probably McAdam as I reckon he's injured. I'd say Berg a chance as well for structure, but we played Murray forward late last week, so they're obviously super keen on out-heighting our opposition.

Berry or Hately. Not enough continuity credits between those two.

We could have added Burton and Pyke to the press conference to explain it?? That would have been worse.

Honestly, everytime you think the club takes a step forward, you see that the club is actually still a sh!tshow run by morons. It is genuinely difficult to be this incompetent so regularly.

It's not incompetence, it's deliberate selection philosophy. They are implementing exactly as we have the past decade and longer. Continuity and experience well outweighs the minor issue of not being able to play football at the level. Either via form or injury, it makes no difference. You don't change a winning side, you back in a losing side. You never drop a senior player for an emerging kid. There's 18-20 players locked in at the beginning of the year and everything is geared towards trying to keep that group together for as long as possible.

In a rebuilding year there is no excuse for failing to select an in form promising kid who is knocking the door down. Team balance is bullschid. He’s one of 21 players for Christ sakes.
Continuity is way less important than development.
There is really no excuse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair argument that he's already played 2 more games than his AFL & SANFL form justified.
His AFL form has been ordinary so he probably goes back to the SANFL this week, but his two SANFL games prior were pretty good (easily in the best players on both occasions).

Changes would have to be:
Fog for Berg
Sloane for Hately/Berry
Brown for McPherson
Hamill for Rowe?
What I'd like to see:
Worrell for McPherson
Sloane for Mackay
Brown for Hately
Hamill for Rowe

What I expect to see:
Fog for Berg
Brown for McPherson
Hamill for Mackay (to sub)
Sloane for Hately

Port have gone Frederick and Woodcock out for Boak and Farrell.

Lmao. Frederick worried me a little. So glad for our sake Hartlett's kept his spot. And Farrell is 90% junk. Odd selections
Farrell will kick 3 goals and we'll have who is this rando kicking goals littered through the match day thread

Farrell will kick 3 goals and we'll have who is this rando kicking goals littered through the match day thread

He tore Mackay a new one a couple of years ago didn't he?

"Tom Lynch was match fit"

bagdad-bob.jpg

Stop using my avatar. Dammit!

Port have gone Frederick and Woodcock out for Boak and Farrell.

Lmao. Frederick worried me a little. So glad for our sake Hartlett's kept his spot. And Farrell is 90% junk. Odd selections
Farrell is junk 99% of the time

Unfortunately that 1% is reserved for one quarter Showdown cameos, like his 3 goals in a quarter vs D Mac that time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back