Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe: CROWS 2021 RUMOURS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who’s the source then.. or atleast, what is their connection to the club that would allow them this info?..

Because it makes no sense.. if the club, as your source explained it, wanted to get rid of Fog, actively shopped him around, and would accepted a packet of chips (so nothing basically) last year then why didnt they get rid of him last year?..

There wouldve been atleast a dozen teans in the comp willing to take Fog off their hands at almost no cost to them at the draft table.. and give him a run.. clarkson and the hawks would. North would just to name two.

Think there would be interest from
Freo
West coast
Port
Suns
Tigers

In fact every team with lack of forward stocks or an aging forward line would be stupid not to take him on.. especially if it was gonna cost em peanuts..

if the relationship was that toxic then surely Fog would have been willing to go elsewhere..

And furthermore, if the relationship is so bad why have they been trying to develop him in other positions and still playing him in the AFL 22?.. they arent doing it to increase his value because, as the rumour goes, they dont care what they get for him.. they could quite easily just leave him to rot in the sanfl all year and simply delist him come years end..
I think the relationship must be as bad as McAsey’s...

Given the AFL average of goal kicking efficiency fortunately its a weapon in the AFL.

He needs only a few kicks I50 to make it count.

In modern day AFL footy elite goal kicking is a massive weapon, esp given he kicks it at better than 80%.

Thats plenty enough for a team like us currently.

It's not that big of a weapon. Nice to have in your kit bag, but it's certainly not something you can make a career out of on its own.

The problem is Fog really doesn't have anything that can underpin his game at the moment that isn't accompanied by a flaw. Great shot but doesn't have a reliable method to generate shots. Great kick, can't accumulate. A lead up forward who is very slow etc, and is too small/unathletic to be a genuine contested marking threat. Really solid on the inside, but did I say he has no accumulation skill whatsoever?

He's probably destined to be a "should have been, could have been, didn't" player. Of course, Adelaide was not a good club for Fog as he probably needed a team that wasn't an absolute mess in his first couple of years and was willing to give him a long leash in the forward line. That said, at the moment, he likely caps out as a third tall who might have a long career in the right situation but is more than likely replaced in 2-3 years if he doesn't take to a midfield rotation.

2-3 years might even prove to be generous in this situation.

Last edited:

Can't believe we have got to the point we may (hoping its not true) be shopping around Fog. He will thrive elsewhere in a team that doesn't play 4 dinosaurs up front. This will come back to bite us bigtime if true. He is basically Tex 10 years ago minus a few tricks but with much more aggression, he will be fine once we have a setup that suits his strengths (i.e. when Tex & Lynch retires).

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Re my previous cryptic rumour. It's still unconfirmed, and I'm not sure I'll be able to confirm it (at least for some time) but as many of you have guessed, it relates to Fog. Treat with a grain of salt (many of you will anyway) but don't be astonished if he's shopped at years end. Apparently he was last year.

do you know what it is that allegedly made him so unpopular?

We get that it’s an unconfirmed rumour, but did that rumour contain the alleged basis for his Bo Callaghan-itis?

Who’s the source then.. or atleast, what is their connection to the club that would allow them this info?..

Because it makes no sense.. if the club, as your source explained it, wanted to get rid of Fog, actively shopped him around, and would accepted a packet of chips (so nothing basically) last year then why didnt they get rid of him last year?..

There wouldve been atleast a dozen teans in the comp willing to take Fog off their hands at almost no cost to them at the draft table.. and give him a run.. clarkson and the hawks would. North would just to name two.

Freo
West coast
Port
Suns
Tigers

In fact every team with lack of forward stocks or an aging forward line would be stupid not to take him on.. especially if it was gonna cost em peanuts..

if the relationship was that toxic then surely Fog would have been willing to go elsewhere..

And furthermore, if the relationship is so bad why have they been trying to develop him in other positions and still playing him in the AFL 22?.. they arent doing it to increase his value because, as the rumour goes, they dont care what they get for him.. they could quite easily just leave him to rot in the sanfl all year and simply delist him come years end..

All alleged...

There was no interest.
I believe fog was and is contracted.

The relationship isn't toxic. Fog is.

Why would we not try to find a suitor and maximise anything we can get for him, exactly? Maybe there's a glimmer of hope his attitude will turn around, even.

I'm not sure you delist high draft picks if you don't have to, especially coming into a super draft.

My thoughts only based on the rumour itself.

We get that it’s an unconfirmed rumour, but did that rumour contain the alleged basis for his Bo Callaghan-itis?
I suspect his attitude and demeanour. Openly saying he wants out of not gifted afl time etc. How that presents itself day to day I'm not sure exactly.

Thats because we are playing him in the wrong position, of course as a mid he wont get decent amount of shots at goal.

I don’t see why there is so much negativity around playing him for spells in the middle. At worst he will improve his tank and gain more awareness in traffic. It can only help his career develop. We know he can lead, Mark and kick. Develop him further while it doesn’t matter if we win or lose.
I would like to see him given the number 1 spot and Walker rested for a game or two but spending some time on the ball I think is great for him

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You could blame him if he was getting the ball directed to him and him not competing or spilling marks.
As a forward you are fairly reliant on the players upfield.
Give him a decent stint up forward without 28 other talls and then let's judge him.

it's funny how Tex gets excused for too many other talls and poor delivery. But only Tex.

Freo
West coast
Port
Suns
Tigers

Not sure about last year, but Hawks have asked about him in the past from what I was told.

Now clubs asking around about players happens a ton, so don't know if it's just random enquiries or a sign of serious interest that they wanted him.

He ate all the pies.......

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine Fogarty playing for a Marvel Stadium team with decent delivery. He never misses shots at outdoor grounds, under the roof weekly he would be very, very dangerous.
Saints would be stupid not to look at him if we are dumb enough to trade him.

Correct.

This is just garbage using him only as a mid, we already of two pieces of the forward line in which to build a Finals team in TT and Fog. Even if Fog doesnt become a big key forward, he will definitely be a decent 3rd forward to which the Crows can build around. I can only presume he is being experimented as a mid while Mrouch is out.

I would be shopping Berg around, definitely not Fog. All we will get for Fog is a pick in the 30s and that may be generous too.
We won't get anything for Himmelberg. I would trade him but we would be lucky to get a 3rd for him. I think he will see out his contract as insurance and be traded or delisted when OOC. Same with Frampton. We are stuck with both unfortunately until the end of next year.

The only way I can see us trading Himmelberg would be if he requested a trade or we brought in a KPF such as Weideman from Melbourne. If we did that I would trade Himmelberg and Frampton in a heartbeat and even pay some of their salary. I wouldn't mind a forward line of TT, Weideman and Fogarty. If the rumours are true and Fog may be off end of the year it makes it even more important that we are scouring the league for KPF's looking for more opportunity and security.

The other option is that we try and find another forward on our list. Probably why they are trialling Borlase as a forward in the SANFL. They should also be playing Worrell up forward in the SANFL as I think he could play as a third tall forward. The other option is Nick Murray who they played up forward just recently in the AFL.

Last edited:
We won't get anything for Himmelberg. I would trade him but we would be lucky to get a 3rd for him. I think he will see out his contract as insurance and be traded or delisted when OOC. Same with Frampton. We are stuck with both unfortunately until the end of next year.

The only way I can see us trading Himmelberg would be if he requested a trade or we brought in a KPF such as Weideman from Melbourne. If we did that I would trade Himmelberg and Frampton in a heartbeat and even pay some of their salary. I wouldn't mind a forward line of TT, Weideman and Fogarty. If the rumours are true and Fog may be off end of the year it makes it even more important that we are scouring the league for KPF's looking for more opportunity and security.

The other option is that we try and find another forward on our list. Probably why they are trialling Borlase as a forward in the SANFL. They should also be playing Worrell up forward in the SANFL as I think he could play as a third tall forward. The other option is Nick Murray who they played up forward just recently in the AFL.

that’s a lot of “I” in there.

Point 2 I agree with but "Fog looks great when played as a forward" however surely you're not serious, the only part of his forward craft that is great currently or even in the past other than small cameos is his elite goal kicking.

What are you basing that off though? The 10 games he has played exclusively as a forward when the team’s ball movement was putrid?

He’s never had a run as our lead up forward and we haven’t had the ability to deliver into the forward line properly with exception of a few games earlier this year (which coincidentally coincided with Tex’s good form). Fog needs sustained game time as a lead up forward. It’s just laughable we are writing him off before then.

Last edited:

Im not sure they were really trialing Borlase as a forward though... I reacon they had no other choice..

i think they just realised how shithouse Salt was, simply couldnt play him and this were forced to play someone up forward and decided on Borlase!...

I cant believe some of the tripe on here about GOG

And I can't believe people have taken the bait on a cryptic rumor which the poster has said he can't confirm, and wont be able to confirm for some time

OMG really?????

I can 10₩% confirm that FOG is hugely popular at the club, to his team mates, coaches and club officials

Fog is not only doing extra work on his football but also his leadership and volunteers his time in several footy club corporate and community programs

Fog will be at the club next year

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Im not sure they were really trialing Borlase as a forward though... I reacon they had no other choice..

i think they just realised how shithouse Salt was, simply couldnt play him and this were forced to play someone up forward and decided on Borlase!...
So why not try Murray up forward instead.
He looked ok in the AFL up forward.
Just seems laughable.

It would be so Adelaide to trade away a first round pick because the player has a little arrogance.

I mean god forbid the player has a little self belief.

I look at the way Richmond handled the recent night club incident and compare it with how Adelaide would have handled it and it's like chalk and cheese.

We do want choir boys as this is a corporate entity. We clearly aren't about winning premierships.

Thats because we are playing him in the wrong position, of course as a mid he wont get decent amount of shots at goal.
Is this serious?

He's only played a couple of games in the midfield, and he was moved there because he's done so little as a forward.

I mean, seriously - this board. We play him as a forward, he doesn't do much and people call for him to be moved into the midfield. We play him as a midfielder and people complain and want him to be a forward.

He's maybe just not good enough. He's not built for the top level, currently. I hope he sorts that out. We've been offering some massive excuses for him so far.

Last edited:
It would be so Adelaide to trade away a first round pick because the player has a little arrogance.

I mean god forbid the player has a little self belief.

I look at the way Richmond handled the recent night club incident and compare it with how Adelaide would have handled it and it's like chalk and cheese.

We do want choir boys as this is a corporate entity. We clearly aren't about winning premierships.
Richmond do handle things well but Bolton didn't do anything wrong other than stick up for his mate. Bolton is currently their best player though. Just traded him into my supercoach this week so that lasted all of two days. Lol. The way we handled Stengle was pretty disgraceful imo. We could use him right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back