Review Dogs 96 def Power 77 - Rd 9, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

An opposition supporter coming onto our board to say anything congratulatory is fine by me.

Weird to have any issue with what that poster said. It was purely complimentary. There shouldn't be any expectation on how much or little anyone should say in congratulations.

I guess Mutt and I must be weird then.

Come on, Mutt, cut the guy some slack! He's clearly steaming up about his team NOT playing like a team. We've all been there. He's not having a go at the Dogs.

And he's right, the Dogs did play well for each other tonight. Lots of blocking and tap-ons etc.
Good call TDK. I'm just a bit gun-shy after the past couple of weeks. :thumbsu:

Ah, so if my bets weighted heavily to the Dogs are successful the more likely a Dogs win.

Yeah, if I understand it right. For instance, let's say that the agency's prior estimate of our win probability is 0.5 (i.e., 50%), and their prior estimate of something like Libba getting ≥ 10 clearances is 0.4 (i.e., 40%). This 0.4 is not spread equally between scenarios where we win, and those were we don't: When Libba gets > 10 clearances, we win with a probability of 0.8 (80% of the time), but when he gets fewer than 10 clearances we only win with a probability of 0.4 (30% of the time). In other words, the total 50% win probability is split between 32% where we win AND Libba gets ≥ 10 clearances (80% multiplied by 40%), and 18% where we win AND Libba gets < 10 clearances (30% multiplied by 60%). So, because the events aren't independent, you get different odds for one part of the bet based on what you select on the others.

Night folks. I'm gunna sleep like a baby tonight. I enjoyed that win enormously. Thanks Bevo. Thanks Libba. Thanks Bont. Thanks boys.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :)

Look at Smith's interactions with Wood, MaCrae and Treloar post game, definitely a tick of approval, a happy boy couldn't hide his excitement back playing in the gut tonight. Our midfield finally found the right mix without Dunkley and got the mojo back tonight. Look out!

Where he belongs!

Yeah, if I understand it right. For instance, let's say that the agency's prior estimate of our win probability is 0.5 (i.e., 50%), and their prior estimate of something like Libba getting ≥ 10 clearances is 0.4 (i.e., 40%). This 0.4 is not spread equally between scenarios where we win, and those were we don't: When Libba gets > 10 clearances, we win with a probability of 0.8 (80% of the time), but when he gets fewer than 10 clearances we only win with a probability of 0.4 (30% of the time). In other words, the total 50% win probability is split between 32% where we win AND Libba gets ≥ 10 clearances (80% multiplied by 40%), and 18% where we win AND Libba gets < 10 clearances (30% multiplied by 60%). So, because the events aren't independent, you get different odds for one part of the bet based on what you select on the others.

Thank you, can you do my taxes for me 😄

Night folks. I'm gunna sleep like a baby tonight. I enjoyed that win enormously. Thanks Bevo. Thanks Libba. Thanks Bont. Thanks boys.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :)

No sleep for me, I'm still buzzing from that.

At the end of the game looked like Libba did the stick it right up em gesture. Elite
he kicked a telling goal at a critical stage of the game. that was a fair contribution and better than last week. he would have held a couple of marks. off the ball it is hard to see, let alone understand or decipher what the instructions are.

Astro Astro Naught
I want to be
An Astro Naught

Close to Naughts best game as forward. Kicked well and if he wasn't marking it he was smashing packs and knocking them down like 10 pins. A defender's teammate's worst nightmare in that form. Long may it continue.
FIFY

Have a look at the replay of that. McNeil nearly joined Timmy on the LTI list as the dreaded Naughton Knees came crashing through the pack. Lachie looked far from impressed as he picked himself up and checked that nothing was broken or detached from his body. Thankfully no damage but he'll be nervous next time he's camped under a high ball coming in.

Aaron needs to take some lessons from Zaine on knee technique.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I love is that the players seem to have genuine buy-in with each other and each other's roles, giving them all confidence and enjoyment. Of course every team enjoys its wins and has mates at the club, but our players seem to really enjoy each other's successes and are mates with each other even more than the typical AFL team. The number of hugs and celebrations after the game were so numerous and over the top that it almost looked like acting lol, but it was genuine.​

Sorry for being so late, but as always here are some expanded stats...

Expected Score
WB: 82
PA: 65

Centre Bounce Attendance
24 - Sweet
23 - Macrae
21 - Bontempelli, Liberatore
18 - B. Smith
10 - Treloar
7 - Bruce

Ruck Contests (Hitouts/To Advantage)
63 - Sweet (18/4)
20 - Bruce (5/0)
12 - Keath (0/0)

Hitouts To Advantage

WB: 4
PA: 11

First Possessions
WB: 43
PA: 46

Clearances/Effective Clearances
WB: 44/34
PA: 38/28

Tackle Efficiency
WB: 62%
PA: 67%

Forward Half Contested Marks
WB: 11
PA: 7

Score Launches
4 - Crozier, Treloar
3 - Daniel
2 - Dale, Liberatore
1 - Bontempelli, Cordy, Macrae, Naughton, Sweet, Weightman

Shots At Goal
WB: 25 (60%)

PA: 21 (57%)

Targets Inside 50
11 - Bruce
9 - Naughton
4 - Johannisen, McNeil, Scott, Weightman
3 - Bontempelli
2 - Hannan
1 - Lipinski, Treloar, Sweet

Defensive 50 Intercept Marks
WB: 3
PA: 8

Defensive Half Turnovers
WB: 27
PA: 19

Forward Half Turnovers
WB: 42
PA: 55

Unforced Turnovers
WB: 9
PA: 10

No Pressure Errors
WB: 7
PA: 4

Turnovers/Frees/50M Penalties Punished By Goals
2 - Dale
1 - Crozier, Treloar

Pressure Gauge
Q1

WB: 206 (Elite)
PA: 184 (Average)

Q2
WB: 186 (Average)
PA: 204 (Elite)

Q3
WB: 188 (Average)
PA: 188 (Average)

Q4
WB: 196 (Above Average)
PA: 190 (Above Average)

Match
WB: 193 (Above Average)
PA: 191 (Above Average)

Free Kick Summary
Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 12.43.52 am.png

Score Sources
Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 12.43.06 am.png

A lot to like about Sweet.

Covers the ground well, competes hard, and decent hands/skills.

Could he push Martin out by the end of the season??

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I don’t think it’s far off tbh, he’s really really growing into the role. His confidence to back himself with ball in hand around the ground is really impressive and something I didn’t think he had in his game at all. I’m becoming a big fan with every game.

Last night I reckon our handball game was the best it’s even been. Especially coming out of defence. Some of the passes were taking the piss.

Rourke Smith showed why he stays on our list time and time again. Can plug a whole almost anywhere on the field.

Caleb Daniel and Bailey Dale... two damaging and courageous back flankers. Imagine saying that three years ago.

JJ deserves massive props. His two goals were huge, if he missed that last set shot there’s every chance we lose. And kept DBJ accountable. Love his new role and his big test comes up in two weeks when he does it on Salem imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back