List Mgmt. 2021 Mid-Season Draft

In the 2021 MSD, Carlton should select...

• Charlie McKay (F/S)

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dominic Akuei (NGA)

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • Best available mature age player

Votes: 49 40.8%
  • Best available U19 (overlooked in last year's draft)

Votes: 41 34.2%
  • Other - Specify

Votes: 11 9.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

A top 5 pick in the 2021 draft will equate to a quality midfielder no question, its a valuable pick , I wouldn’t trade it away.
We’ll need to replenish & rebuild our engine room once again, after a few youngsters are moved on and retirements.

Any chance we would look at a player like Kieran Collins? Is only 23, Pick 26 in the strong 2015 draft, he did sign with Northern Blues before Covid. Now at Bullants!

Ben Crocker did not succeed at Collingwood, he didn't succeed at Adelaide.... what makes people think he'll succeed with us given that we have one of the worst player development rates in the league?

Ben Crocker did not succeed at Collingwood, he didn't succeed at Adelaide.... what makes people think he'll succeed with us given that we have one of the worst player development rates in the league?
Crocker is a talented player, no doubt. Not blessed with any defensive attributes and would rather take a low percentage ping at the goals than seek out a team mate in better position. Stay at home type sure to kick goals at the lower level and may have a day out at AFL level if given the chance. Would draw parallels with Alex Sexton from the Suns. Hits the scoreboard regularly when gets games but regularly left out because of his inadequacies.

It is a firm no from me in our team dynamic.

A top 5 pick in the 2021 draft will equate to a quality midfielder no question, its a valuable pick , I wouldn’t trade it away.
We’ll need to replenish & rebuild our engine room once again, after a few youngsters are moved on and retirements.

Doubt we have a top 5 pick. We aren’t that bad.

Likely 10-13 after FA and bidding. Best available for me.

Ok... after the heart breaking news about Cunners, we now have to face reality going into the MSD. If the original estimates of us having 2 picks in the MSD are true, then having Cunners go down would give us a third. I think OMac is down for another 6 weeks with his stress fracture issues. So, in my estimates, we need a medium sized mid/forward, a forward/ruckman and a tall utility player.

so far in my research I’ve found:

Nate Freeman, who hasn't nominated as yet. Currently killing it in the VFL.
Joel Ottavi, a tall forward who can pinch hit in the ruck. 25, 200cm tall
Matt Parker, former Saint, 25 yo, 190cm forward, played 19 games and kicked 16 goals.
Brandon Matera... 175cm and 29 yo. proven goal sneak who can go through the midfield.
Hamish Brayshaw... youngest brother of the other Brayshaws
Isiah Butters - SPS's cousin. 187cm forward. Was a part of the Freo NGA. Spent 2 years at Freo and was delisted last year as part of their covid cuts.
Liam Delahunty - 192cm (in his draft year of 2019) he's a utility who can play in defence or up front.
Daniel Fahey-Sparks - 23 yo 196cm forward/ruck. A bit light at 93kg. Did well as a ruckman in the first two rounds of the SANFL.
JGM... yesm the former Carlton rookie has developed nicely since we delisted him and is playing very well with the Doggies VFL team (as most of us VFL watchers would have noted). He can now play forwards and ruck which makes him a super utility player. Definitely worth another look at now.
Some bloke called Dan Orange... former #10 pick way back when. 28 years old, 2m tall. Played a whole four games for some club wearing blue.
Matt Hammelmann - some people have mentioned this 197cm utility player. Well worth the look
Tyler Keitel - 196cm forward who could probably pinch hit in the ruck. 25 years old so he's a mature body and he appears to be kicking bags for fun in the WAFL.

That's all I'm going to put up ATM, because I had an opthamoligist appointement this morning and my eyes are still blurry as hell!
I'm working off this list https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...h/news-story/a185d88fb0e74e54ae5f0478e2546027

Last edited:
ball control start at bounces/ball-ups/throw-ins...unfortunately TDK is injured!!...are there any ruck men in the draft worth considering who are/could be better than Pittonet?

Is Avery playing mid or intercept defender Arr0w? I'm seeing different reports from yours.

If we can create space for a third, I would honestly take the risk. Looks like there's a chance to get a developing ruck and some really talented role players.

He moved from Claremont to Perth, as they couldn't guarantee him senior games with the quality on their list.

Still playing colts at Perth but racking up huge numbers predominantly at HB.

Has improved his endurance, has always been strong in the air (reading and hands) and has a booming left peg

Third time lucky, maybe? worth a shot, perhaps a latent bloomer? Has shown some flair in the 2nds , this draft is extremely speculative so one can gamble. I'd go Markov (210cm ruckman) project & one of Crocker or Stengel sml , add some X factor and well desperately need it as Eddie retires end season.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't it similar to Beams ? He got drafted to Collingwood and his dad got sick in SA so went home to the Crows and Dad passed away and he lost it a little bit but now back on track . Could of swore I heard that .

Third time lucky, maybe? worth a shot, perhaps a latent bloomer? Has shown some flair in the 2nds , this draft is extremely speculative so one can gamble. I'd go Markov (210cm ruckman) project & one of Crocker or Stengel sml , add some X factor and well desperately need it as Eddie retires end season.
betts has another season in him.

Wasn't it similar to Beams ? He got drafted to Collingwood and his dad got sick in SA so went home to the Crows and Dad passed away and he lost it a little bit but now back on track . Could of swore I heard that .

He was from VIC & his dad had Alzheimer’s or the like very early, when he was still at Collingwood. Pretty harrowing for the young man.

Delisted but rookied by Adelaide, not sure when his dad passed but it may have been last year. He only had 1yr with Adelaide.

He moved from Claremont to Perth, as they couldn't guarantee him senior games with the quality on their list.

Still playing colts at Perth but racking up huge numbers predominantly at HB.

Has improved his endurance, has always been strong in the air (reading and hands) and has a booming left peg
Dug through the 2020 Colts GF to get a look at him, looks like he needed to improve his tank and lighten up his frame. Inconsistent burst and kicking action if the game is anything to go by. If he's cover the ground better (particularly at pace) then he's worth a look, but I'm not sure we need more dour types.

What's the story with Trey Kennedy? Seems athletically a level above.

Rumour mentioned by an earlier poster is correct. Alex Mirkov will be our pick.
I hope that's because there's been 4 or 5 rucks taken before that, because I don't think he's a top 3 ruck in this pool.

Back