Preview Brisbane Lions v GWS Giants @ the Gabba, Saturday 29 May 2021, 2:10 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:

I do not think you can take any side as a easy win. GWS missing a few although bat deep.
I be wary to think we win this easily.. Every team on their day can play good footy

Changes maybe Prior or Kiddy for B Smith if we need more height in backline.
Yes Ballenden been playing back although more the Rich/Birchall role it seems to me

I think i'll forever be gunshy and never go into games confident we will win.

Regardless, I do think we should win this. Hopefully Coleman can have a strong impact for the whole game, and McCarthy get 5 goals :)

Don't think there will be any changes v GWS

At least it is a day game so if power blackouts occur ground lighting not an issue for playing.
Being a Saturday things may be okay.
Lucky Callide did not go down last Friday
Wonder if the The Gabba has a generator for emergency lighting
Anyone know if the venue does have a generator?

Don't think there will be any changes v GWS

At least it is a day game so if power blackouts occur ground lighting not an issue for playing.
Being a Saturday things may be okay.
Lucky Callide did not go down last Friday
Wonder if the The Gabba has a generator for emergency lighting
Anyone know if the venue does have a generator?
That would have to be a freaking large generator.

Prior looks like he's had enough for the time being but I don't think there'll be any changes. He's a young fit guy and they'll bank on that for him to recover, as they often do.

I'd like to see Ballenden in the back half just to get a look at him in his new role at this level, but probably unlikely.

No one else deserves to be replaced.

Going to be interesting to see how we play if we end up with an undersized defence

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised we didn't bring in Ballenden. Maybe Birchall will play tall

We're likely to be one height mismatch at least in the backline. Probably relying on McInerny and Daniher to provide enough support. Ah Chee and Starc both play a bit taller than their height but not that tall. Prior is a possibility. Birch can't jump much anymore.

No changes

Joyce an emergency!

Prior named in the backline
The named teams are always a good guide but not accurate as you no doubt are aware
I doubt Prior plays down back. Ah Chee spent 90% of time in defense last week
Mitch has been named rover the last two weeks but he has not attended a single Center Bounce Attendance in that time
One thing i noticed in the last 3 home games (could be longer) McCluggage starts on the opposite wing to the interchange bench
Within the first few minutes he moves. Prior comes onto that wing.
That's the wing side the ball hardly gets to during the course of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back