Review Good bad ugly vs Collingwood - Rd 12, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

For those saying don't worry about it, we've shown enough and we'll get a higher pick, its not losses that are the problem, I would've copped losses against good teams like melb or geelong, but this team is garbage and just lost its most influential player. Then, its not like it was the difficult parts of the game that we lost with, it is the simplest most basic coaching and playing things that lost it. If you can't get the basics right, don't even bother.

I’d like to see us breaking some of our hoodoos…I’m sick of the same old same old against the same teams..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Good - Dominated 2.5 qtrs of game. Jones fought back from a shocking start, the whole team did in fact. Riley did a few special things. McAdam worked hard, liked his game today.

Bad - First qtr our minds were still in quarantine. Absolutley BUTCHERED midfield passes and shots on goal. Cannot recall such precise chest hitting of opponents.

The Ugly - No atmos whatsoever, watching on tv, Losing to ****ing Coll again, ROC and McPherson shouldnt be playing. Jones 1st qtr was horrible ... he did some good things after that.

Have you seen our gameplan, our selections?

Collingwood are dogshit and we just lost at home to them.
And yet we beat 2 top 4 teams under him? He seem to be teaching the group to play differently in different situation otherwise what the hell is he doing not playing Murray when Doedee has been playing well when Murray was in the side as the 2nd KPD and placing O'Connor in the centre after we kicked an important goal in the 4th quarter.

Good
Thilthorpe has such an impact every week
Tex looking fresh after rests is such evidence that we need to keep doing them
ROB beating up on sub-standard rucks - as he should
Seedsman is elite
Fog seemed to work a little harder and get to more contests

Bad
Shane McAdam doesn't play team footy or work hard. If only he did.
Nicks was outcoached this week
Brodie Smith entering the 'Matthew Suckling category' of defenders - everyone thinks they're an elite kick, and sometimes they are, but so unbelievably prone to stupid clangers
Ronin didn't have his best game, but 6'3-6'4 mids take much longer to get a feel for it. Don't write him off.
Sholl weak again. Looks a shell of himself from last year/early this year. And slow. Beaten up by Poulter on the wing so had to make the change.

Ugly
Andrew McPherson is not an AFL standard defender. Too short. Too slow. Doesn't hurt offensively. Not a smart enough defender
Actually any small defender of ours is just ugly. Yuck. Don't care that we've got too many on the list given how poor they are.
Absolute lack of composure from everyone late - and especially the midfield
If we could delete the David Mackay file from our team list that would be great.
Mcadam was ok 2 goals and 12 possessions 3 tackles
Thought nicks coached ok after the first quarter. Was watching the warm up and we had zero intensity so the first quarter was predictable. Responded after what i assume was a rocket at qtr time and moves like getting mcpherson off elliot jones out of defence. Nicks doesn't make tex and fog kick 4.8 from 14 shots

Because they’re easing him into it?

Managing the workload of a young player not used to full games at AFL level?

Know that he’s not really at a level yet to have a big impact but need to introduce him to it without letting his inexperience negatively affect our performance too much?

Just a thought
Have we done it with any other debutant over the last 2 years?

It's second to recruitment imo. Doesn't matter who coaches us, we're going nowhere until we start nailing our picks at the pointy end of the draft.
Need to actually recruit players to fill a role, rather than just drafting the same bloke over and over and then trying to turn them into something they're not.

Terrible from both sides. We were putrid, still could, or arguably should, have won.

Weird game.

Good:
- ROB
- TT
- Tex

Bad:
- Also Tex
- Rowe

Puzzling:
- Playing Mackay consistently ahead of younger talent during a rebuild.

Ugly:
- The standard of that match.

Have you seen our gameplan, our selections?

Collingwood are dogshit and we just lost at home to them.
Personally think the game plan is fine. We just don't have cattle or experience for it to work all the time yet. When it does it looks great

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whoever here made that Chris Schmidt comparison for McPherson I can't unsee it now. He is seriously plodding; slow movement, slow decision making, unforced errors from lack of confidence. I don't know what you can do to fix but clearly accumulating touches in our back half at SANFL level isn't the answer.
That was me, and I’m owning that one. He’s no good. You can’t get by with zero athleticism.

Shill needs to be dropped and given some man pills. He is the softest player I have ever seen. He has talent and skill, but effen hell. I counted about 5 times he let his opponent to take an easy mark without contesting and can’t tackle for sh*t.
send him down to sanfl until he learns

Mcadam was ok 2 goals and 12 possessions 3 tackles
Thought nicks coached ok after the first quarter. Was watching the warm up and we had zero intensity so the first quarter was predictable. Responded after what i assume was a rocket at qtr time and moves like getting mcpherson off elliot jones out of defence. Nicks doesn't make tex and fog kick 4.8 from 14 shots
Have to agree with the warm up point. I was sitting Infront of Murray and he dropped 2 out of 3 sitter marks in a basic drill.

Terrible from both sides. We were putrid, still could, or arguably should, have won.

Weird game.

Good:
- ROB
- TT
- Tex

Bad:
- Also Tex
- Rowe

Puzzling:
- Playing Mackay consistently ahead of younger talent during a rebuild.

Ugly:
- The standard of that match.

Tex will probably get coach's vote/s.

Blinded by your own bias as usual. Many on this board are too preoccupied with making sure their favourite whipping boy is having a bad game to realise that the ones flying under the radar like Shoenberg actually deserve equal criticism.
keays and laird arent the future of our midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back