Review Good bad ugly vs Collingwood - Rd 12, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Good:
Will get back to you.

Bad:
Selection
Kicking

Ugly
O'Connor scoring 19 in my supercoach due to the bye and struggling to field 18 players. Why bring him in if you set him up to fail Nicksy.

Geez, some interesting takes on the game. If Tex just nails one or two more of his chances, we win. Our midfield had no trouble generating enough good opportunities in front of goal, they can’t control accuracy.

We got beaten by a travelling Collingwood who have been awful. The strength of the opponent is very important when assessing performance. It's fair enough if people are very disappointed in that effort. I loved it, you reap what you sow.

Mchenry was pretty good I thought. One of the few clean ones and some pretty slick handballs.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app
Good McHenry, Laird, Walker, Smith if he doesn't kick it, Schoenberg at times, TT, Keays if he learns to right kick, O Brien's marking tho he didn't have much opposition, Seedsman after first quarter
Bad the game Mackay as is usually the case, Scholl being out of touch, Rowe for 3 quarters
Ugly The ridiculous amount of errors, McPherson's defensive skills, O'Conner at times though give him time, commentators ejaculating when it was obvious Pies would win - seriously lock these twats up!

Lol. He was good
shoenberg wasnt good at all.. did some horrid things, things that directly resulted in goals to the pies.. redeemed himself by playing one decent quarter of footy.

shoey has had a few weeks of up and down quarters now.. he might be a bit off at the moment.. might just be inexperience.

but I’m not on the time to drop him bandwagon.. needs to keep playing.

You know the team is putting in a stinker when Fogarty misses a set shot at goal
He generally kicks straight but I wouldn't say call him a long kick for goal. Walker is definitely our best kick for goal but his goal kicking has started deteriorating recently. Thilthorpe also sprayed one which he really should have kicked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perspective is important here. Wasn't our best game for sure but 5 goals to 1 down at quarter time- we would have thrown the towell in last year without a doubt. The fight in this group is strong. We've had a big few weeks let's not forget with big efforts against tigers and dees.
Tex obviously couldn't kick well but he continues to dominate games.

My good:
Tex again
Thilthorpe even on a game he didn't have much of it still has an impact
Fog continues to prove a threat down forward, prob needs to work on his pressure though
Mcadam actually put effort in this week
Shoenberg had a good game
Jones played great, good to see improvement

Bad
Lapses at the ends of quarter cost us the win
Mackay needs to go, didn't impact the game
We look better when doedee is the 3rd tall

Ugly
McPherson and ROC are not up to it at this point and are liabilities at AFL level, they need to go out
Mcadam really didn't do anything until the last quarter (I know I put him in good but his overall game was s**t)

Probably only the GWS defeat more disappointing this year. Really bad showing against a club that were ripe for the taking, and who have been dunking our face in the toilet bowl for like three decades now.

That our club constantly lets itself get bullied without being able to get up for games against the same teams is one of the more shameful things about being a crows fan.

Didn’t mind our performance. I thought the effort was there. We are still right at the bottom of a massive rebuild. Still need better players and more games into our few talented players. Anyone who thinks we were entitled to win that game have gotten ahead of themselves. Two clubs in pretty similar situations. Wasn’t a terrible performance like some of the others since that Hawks 2nd half.

Players used in 2021

38 - Western Bulldogs
37 -
36 - Carlton, Collingwood, GWS
35 - Fremantle, Hawthorn, St Kilda, Sydney
34 - Essendon, Geelong, West Coast
33 - Gold Coast, North Melbourne, Richmond
32 - Port Adelaide
31 - Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back