Preview 2021 AFL National Draft | NM - #1, #20, #42, #47,#72, #77, #95

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fine with erring on the side of caution and obviously the lockdown was necessary, but there's just no reason for this

It's not about that mate, it's about lying or sheer incompetence.

14 disposals, 5 marks and a goal for Horne in a narrow win for South Adelaide. Of course they’re just stats, hard to comment on his impact having not watched the game. Anyone watch?

I'll watch and give a report in the next day or 2.

In other SANFL news, Hugh Jackson is this year's Tom Powell.

Crikey, average a tick under 35 touches a game.

He's Tom Powell with a left foot that is better than Powell's right at the same age.

Similarly to Powell, he should go top 5, and if he doesn't then whoever gets him is getting a bargain.

I've seen some posters around here suggest this draft is shallow - foolish call to say the least. I'd argue we're looking at a super draft with the quality I'm seeing over the first 30 picks or so.

I'll watch and give a report in the next day or 2.

In other SANFL news, Hugh Jackson is this year's Tom Powell.
Crikey, average a tick under 35 touches a game.
He's Tom Powell with a left foot that is better than Powell's right at the same age.

Similarly to Powell, he should go top 5, and if he doesn't then whoever gets him is getting a bargain.
Can we get him and powell?
Functional in the same midfield?

Do tell about Jackson

Jackson is a better kick both in terms of accuracy, distance and knowing when/how to weight his kicks and when to kick with penetration - lethal with his left foot. Jackson is also better in the run and carry in that he genuinely tries to carry the ball and break the lines which Powell didn't do so much. Powell was better defensively and consistently a better clearance player at the same age. Powell's hands were also much better. Both have really good footy IQ.

Jackson has improved his stoppage work as the year has progressed though and had 12 clearances and 23 contested possessions this weekend. Before this weekend he averaged 5 clearances and 13 contested possessions.

If you want a player comparison I'd say think along the lines of Jackson Macrae.

Another one of those players whose highlights video in the lead up to the draft is going to win a lot of fans, mainly due to his kicking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jackson is a better kick both in terms of accuracy, distance and knowing when/how to weight his kicks and when to kick with penetration - lethal with his left foot. Jackson is also better in the run and carry in that he genuinely tries to carry the ball and break the lines which Powell didn't do so much. Powell was better defensively and consistently a better clearance player at the same age. Powell's hands were also much better. Both have really good footy IQ.

Jackson has improved his stoppage work as the year has progressed though and had 12 clearances and 23 contested possessions this weekend. Before this weekend he averaged 5 clearances and 13 contested possessions.

If you want a player comparison I'd say think along the lines of Jackson Macrae.

Another one of those players whose highlights video in the lead up to the draft is going to win a lot of fans, mainly due to his kicking.
Need to take into account the quality he is up against this weekend, not the best standard. Keen to see how he goes at champs when you have the likes of Horne and Roberts as the main focal points in that midfield, might need to add goal kicking to his bow to further round out his game to be considered a top 10 chance.

Need to take into account the quality he is up against this weekend, not the best standard. Keen to see how he goes at champs when you have the likes of Horne and Roberts as the main focal points in that midfield, might need to add goal kicking to his bow to further round out his game to be considered a top 10 chance.

Weren’t they saying the same thing about Powell playing u18s last year?

I'm also looking forward to see him at the champs (or senior level) but I'm just stating that his left foot coupled with his footy IQ is a very handy mix. If he continues to improve his inside game and brings some consistency in that area then that'll be enough to solidify him as a top 5 pick.

Weren’t they saying the same thing about Powell playing u18s last year?
There wasn’t any other SA midfielder last year that really competed against him for a potential champs anyway. It’s a different story this year for Jackson when he has the likes of Horne and Roberts and a lesser extent with Murley/Draper/Burgoyne and maybe Rayson.

There wasn’t any other SA midfielder last year that really competed against him for a potential champs anyway. It’s a different story this year for Jackson when he has the likes of Horne and Roberts and a lesser extent with Murley/Draper/Burgoyne and maybe Rayson.

You’re got more expertise than my good self-are SA the favs for the champs

You’re got more expertise than my good self-are SA the favs for the champs
Vic Metro still the favourites, they dominated the 16s champs and they have found a few likely types since then with Daicos/Callaghan/Darcy all missing the last champs. WA have some likely types aswell it’s going to be unpredictable that’s for sure, I’d say Country might come last.

I've not seen Jackson play but have seen Powell. While Tom is not a super penetrating kick his accuracy and in particular his weighting of kicks have been first class this year. I think that gets overlooked a bit because he is elite by hands.

I've seen some posters around here suggest this draft is shallow - foolish call to say the least. I'd argue we're looking at a super draft with the quality I'm seeing over the first 30 picks or so.
So we just need some extra picks, right? Maybe a PP - what else can we conjure up?

In 2016 Petrie had Brown and Waite supporting him. With the likes of Tarrant, and Daw as handy back up's.

Let's get that mid and then go tall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back