Wayne Carey Says He Is Indigenous (or might be and might look into it one day)

Remove this Banner Ad

Carey himself went on a little story telling time explaining the revelation.

Apparently as kids in Wagga he was treated/classed as an aboriginal First Nation indigenous kid.

A big tall white indigenous kid.
You do realise there are many many aboriginal/black people who look completely "white". Even just one generation back.

And in fact, it is actually another form of racism as many "light" skinned black people find it hard to be as accepted as true "Dark" because they feel they don't face the same social issues.

If Carey really is Aboriginal maybe he hasn't talked about it that much because he doesn't feel as strong a connection due to being one of those "lighter" skinned. That said he could also just be pulling crap out of his ass.

You do realise there are many many aboriginal/black people who look completely "white". Even just one generation back.

And in fact, it is actually another form of racism as many "light" skinned black people find it hard to be as accepted as true "Dark" because they feel they don't face the same social issues.

If Carey really is Aboriginal maybe he hasn't talked about it that much because he doesn't feel as strong a connection due to being one of those "lighter" skinned. That said he could also just be pulling crap out of his ass.

Righto take it easy ffs.

We all know there’s indigenous folk who look 100% whitey.

Wayne did tan well in summer though.. 🤔

I don't think it was a deception though, mostly just some bullshit that had been passed down through her family and accepted as truth. I have been told a good portion of my life that my family played a part in starting up Keens Mustard, and I am also vaguely related to the original voice over for the VB ad, and both could be true, but I have not researched it.

Awesome claim and eerily similar to my own recent personal revelation.

I found out I was related to “Colonel Mustard” from that board game Cluedo.

Currently waiting for my royalities cheque from Parker Brothers and Keanu Reeves (bonus point for making the link).

An Australian having at least some indigenous heritage is hardly stunning, especially if there is a family line somewhere here going back to the 19th century (don’t know about Carey specifically).

You know your society is going down the drain when people cry racism because they're too white and they're not experiencing enough racism in their lives to give them an excuse to complain about...stuff.

Sadly, this really is a 'thing'

An Australian having at least some indigenous heritage is hardly stunning, especially if there is a family line somewhere here going back to the 19th century (don’t know about Carey specifically).

Yep. It is like how a lot of British people have Scandinavian ancestry due to the Vickings coming over and doing quite a lot of raping. All it takes is one ancestor to be of that nationality or culture for you to have that blood in you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know your society is going down the drain when people cry racism because they're too white and they're not experiencing enough racism in their lives to give them an excuse to complain about...stuff.

It’s not a thing.
You’ve just watched too many BLM riots on tv.

Yep. If you were not raised in the culture it is sort of hard to argue a person is indigenous, especially when they are clearly basically white.

I suspect if you go back far enough many of us have a lot of different races and cultures in us but if you were not raised with that culture it doesn't really count.

Jesus, where to start with this post.

Based on your post I guess the half ethnic children of the stolen generation aren’t really indigenous either? You know, because they weren’t raised black? They don’t really count, right?

looks like Michael O'Loughlin is no longer full forward in the indigenous team of the 20th century then
I won’t believe he’s indigenous until Andrew Bolt says he’s not.

After reading that I really worry about our education system.

Currently waiting for my royalities cheque from Parker Brothers and Keanu Reeves (bonus point for making the link).

You lose! It was Professor Plum!

Might be Indigenous. Might have been his dad scamming Centrelink.

I didn’t think Wayne comes off too bad in the article, NLM brought it up so Wayne basically outlines his childhood experience, says he doesn’t really know and it could have just been his dad scamming benefits....

Some of you make it sound like he is campaigning for an Adam Goodes movie...

How does this work? I’m 46yo and recently my Dad who was adopted found out his birth father was from Cyprus. I’ve got fair skin and red hair so never a consideration I wasn’t an ‘Aussie’…..

But now I know this there’s no logic to me saying ‘I’m a Cypriot’. It doesn’t worry me but it’s patently ridiculous to say I’m a Cypriot.

Maybe it’s my ignorance and Indigenous heritage is explained differently..?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Given the stolen generation and atrocities that occurred it really isn’t as straightforward as that and nor should it be. Being Aboriginal is not how you look but whether you identify as Aboriginal. Usually that means some form of genetic ancestry for sure, but if you don’t identify as a Cypriot then you’re not.

Look has nothing to do with it, for many reasons. I have a few Aboriginal friends who do not look what most would consider Aboriginal.

As for Carey, well that’s best left to Wayne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back