Autopsy Garbage vs Hawthorn - Rd 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully next week we get the rub of the green so it’s a 6 goal turn around
And I bet you say the umps got us over the line...!

Positives - Amartey - didn’t think he had what it takes to make it. Feel two games have shown he has something to work with going forward. Not a world beater but a decent second ruck/forward option. Pleasantly surprised.

Wicks ill discipline has been at crucial moments. Doing things that really don’t Have any benefit than giving away a free. Needs to be pulled aside to focus channeling that energy into hard ball gets.

Out footy needs to change or personnel where we are no longer a tackling side as ours never get rewarded. Someone who clears out to outside players and outside players making space. Sick of not being rewarded for our tackling it’s almost pointless to engage in tackles where you lose your feet as you are just out of the contest when the ball pops out.

2012 Grand Final what a day, since then a lot of heart break at the wrong time by the Hawks. (Few nice wins of course) Such a resigned to a loss feeling before a game.

We have an injury list most teams would kill for and we're blaming that loss on a few of our bottom 6 players missing?
Injuries are all about who is out not how many.

We weren’t at our best. Parker in the first few minutes very obviously didn’t attack contests. Hickey got smashed. I’d have to watch again to be sure (and I won’t) but I got the sense that McInerney was very unaccountable early, allowing them the overlap on his wing.

We weren’t getting the rub of it early but I felt like we were in it.

Then Bell got smashed in front of goal. No free. He lays a standard block up the other end. Free against. Buddy gets blocked 15m off the contest. No free. Someone knocks it over the boundary in a contest. Free against. They kick it to the boundary. No free. We do with a player in the vicinity. Free against.

And it went on. You cannot play at the required intensity when that s**t is going on.

Hickey had a shocker. McCartin had a shocker. Fox had a shocker. Heeney had a shocker. But it’s a game of millimetres, and we weren’t given a chance. I hope the bet was worth it, Razor, because you embarrassed yourself tonight. That was suburban Div 4 reserves club umpire s**t.

Hopefully next week we get the rub of the green so it’s a 6 goal turn around
The loss we needed. It may sting more coming against a bottom two side than against a top side. Perhaps we now can switch on when up against Port because our last 3 games against opposition we should have easily won but instead we have gradually gotten worse.
Should have been a loss to Saints last week.
Very lucky. Looking tired & a yard off it tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And who is out exactly? Reid and a few kids? We still have all of our best players and leaders out there.
Reid has been exceptional this year. Warner has been one of our most important players and Gulden brings a lethal forward entry we don't get anywhere else.

Their value over the players replacing them is immense.

Our mids were terrible which put pressure on our backline. Our backline used to stand up to that pressure but leaks like a sieve now. Needs a re-think as we develop.

Maybe get a good intercept player in like that Aliir guy from Port Adelaide.
McCartin is a great intercept player if we'd had Brand to take their big.

Defenders didn’t lose the game again it was the midfield. We got away with it the last few weeks with Warner saving our rear ends. Yet again tonight name one midfielder that beat his man or even broke even? Couldn’t name one. Parker is going to have 25-30 in the book but jeez he was terrible, JPK not much better. Hickey was well beaten.
mcinerney and Florenti did ok.
jpk fought it out.

I don’t think a forward or a defender Won their position either.

in fact I think the forward line was diabolical all night. Outmarked all night out tackled and outran. Thought the forwards were so much worse than the mids

Reid has been exceptional this year. Warner has been one of our most important players and Gulden brings a lethal forward entry we don't get anywhere else.

Their value over the players replacing them is immense.

Hawthorn win tonight no matter what ins we put in.

Effort and workrate people.

Mooney just declared Swans are gone & wont play finals.

I fear he’s right.

We just got belted by the 17th placed side, on our home deck & will start outsiders in our next 4 games.

would be an abysmal finish to do that, not inconceivable, questions would need to be asked

Remove this Banner Ad

Back