Autopsy Garbage vs Hawthorn - Rd 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure why the first month is even relevant. It was reflective of the way we want to play, but it wasn't reflective of where this team is at and the individuals' abilities. Three of our games were fast, clean and flashy, ten of them have been considerably less so (which doesn't mean they weren't all good.) I think the latter is what we are, which makes us, at worst, a middle of the road side who can beat sides above us but lose to sides below us, on any given day. That could still be good enough to get us into the finals, which in itself would be a massive forward stride for this team. But we have got to let those first three games go already!

Not sure why the first month is even relevant. It was reflective of the way we want to play, but it wasn't reflective of where this team is at and the individuals' abilities. Three of our games were fast, clean and flashy, ten of them have been considerably less so (which doesn't mean they weren't all good.) I think the latter is what we are, which makes us, at worst, a middle of the road side who can beat sides above us but lose to sides below us, on any given day. That could still be good enough to get us into the finals, which in itself would be a massive forward stride for this team. But we have got to let those first three games go already!
We are in transition. Anyone with expectations will be elated or disappointed. I'm not. I see the development. If you think we can fast track it it you will be disappointed like most on here or under whelmed. We need more games into our mids. We need a KPD or 2. one more KPF. and a few mids along the way. And we have won a Flag!!

We are in transition. Anyone with expectations will be elated or disappointed. I'm not. I see the development. If you think we can fast track it it you will be disappointed like most on here or under whelmed. We need more games into our mids. We need a KPD or 2. one more KPF. and a few mids along the way. And we have won a Flag!!

Its never that linear sometimes recruiting those needs results in nothing see Carlton.

Nobody is saying we weren't sh*t and nobody is offering "excuses". But it gets ******* tiring coming to this board after every loss and seeing people absolutely excoriate the team and coaching staff, bemoan us "going back to our old ways", and jump down the throat of anyone who dare acknowledge the entirety of the circumstances in addition to us playing poorly.

Multiple things can be true at the same time.

Yes we played poorly
Yes Hawthorn were good
Yes the umpires were poor
Yes we have a few injuries to good players

All true.

Agree with all of that

I think there’s little excuse for yesterday but I also think they can have a bad game

Not many teams going 22-0 and even those who go close will serve up the odd s**t

Sometimes even if you are full strength nothing goes right, and the other team is just better on the day

But some of the excuses are odd that’s all, plenty are making them and I get it because the way we lost feels unexplainable, and as fans we want to be able to say yep this is what happened.

So I guess I meant more it is what it is , doesn’t mean we suck same as a great win didn’t make us best in the comp

We just see how they respond

Rampe was shattered.
Honest.

Hope they channel those vibes vs Port.
Listening to Ramps he talked about how he thought it was a little bit of immaturity and thinking that the team can just switch on and off whenever they want.

Probably only our second bad performance of the season (Gold Coast being the other). Just sucks it has to be against the old enemy in Hawthorn which makes it hurt more.

Overall if you told me at the beginning of the year that we would be 8-5 at the bye and have beaten who we have I would over the moon.

Bad games happen, we know what we need to fix. Reset and get ready in 2 weeks against Port 🙂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unpopular opinion but probably a reality check.

Worst result would be finishing 6th and thinking we are a contender and topping up with more hacks like Gray, Taylor, Brand etc.

Need to keep our eye on the big prize and get in highly talented youngsters.

We are probably the 9th or 10th best side in the comp ATM.

Franklin would have kicked 5 or 6 last night if the midfield was even. He was red hot early. Hawthorn completely controlled the midfield.
Buddy needs to work up the ground more which in turn makes our forward line less predictable.
Anyway. We lost badly & he was part of it & his only goal came from a free kick to McDonald who had a set shot but gave it off to Bud who was circling for scraps.

Buddy needs to work up the ground more which in turn makes our forward line less predictable.
Anyway. We lost badly & he was part of it & his only goal came from a free kick to McDonald who had a set shot but gave it off to Bud who was circling for scraps.

Are you suggesting Horse was clueless?

A duel premiership player told me this morning that Razor is a Greg Hunt and hated by players
He was the speaker at our club's Presidents Lunch a few years ago and was surprisingly good. Good sense of humour and self-deprecating which surprised me. My impression was that, off the field, he's not a bad bloke. Also played more than 300 games of football so knows the game.
I have absolutely no excuse for last night's game, though.

Franklin would have kicked 5 or 6 last night if the midfield was even. He was red hot early. Hawthorn completely controlled the midfield.

thats not true. He was hot for about five minutes. The rest of the match involved him (and the rest of our forwards standing around being out bodied and one of their defenders taking an uncontested marl.

we Needed to bring the ball to ground and swarm around it when we did. We did neither well. Still feeling dissatisfied about the umpiring although I think I wasn’t the only one by the sound of 774 today which I mostly missed but got snippets of

thats not true. He was hot for about five minutes. The rest of the match involved him (and the rest of our forwards standing around being out bodied and one of their defenders taking an uncontested marl.

we Needed to bring the ball to ground and swarm around it when we did. We did neither well. Still feeling dissatisfied about the umpiring although I think I wasn’t the only one by the sound of 774 today which I mostly missed but got snippets of

'that' isn't true.

The ball was barely down there. Hawthorn had complete control of the midfield. We got the occasional slingshot forward, but the rest was under pressure nothing entries.

It wouldn't have mattered who was in our forward line last night, the result would have been the same.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back