Review Positives and Negatives - UP THE BLOODY COASTERS EDITION - Rd 13

Remove this Banner Ad

You campaigners know all the positives.

But… what was the deal with having two of our goals touched on the line from set shots? With nobody there to put a body on the Richmond defender?

Lynch and Riewoldt are masters at trying to take hangers on the line (but really just jumping in to defenders’ backs which is perfectly legal when trying to take a screamer).

I was keeping an eye on this. For some reason we tell NicNat not to go to the line. He sets up for the kickin instead - which is very defensive and I disagree with the approach tbh. Especially when its Langdon and also going to be dodgy chance to make it.

On Darling and gaff they are the two players that have been playing ridiculous time on ground during matches. Darling basically never comes off, gaff is super high TOG for a midfielder. Part of that is due to the injuries and unavailability of others, but have a feeling they need this rest as much as anyone. They look shot. Backing them to bounce back after the bye
I think Gaff is going to be the biggest winner for us getting our midfield back. Gaff has deteriorated this year and is struggling to be clean at stoppages. He is best used as an outside runner and link up. His past 18 months at stoppages has been a stop gap and his DE has become woeful.

I was keeping an eye on this. For some reason we tell NicNat not to go to the line. He sets up for the kickin instead - which is very defensive and I disagree with the approach tbh. Especially when its Langdon and also going to be dodgy chance to make it.
What do you think about NN having increased ground time?

Just happy that the salty Tigers (led by Damien Hardon) are bitching about the legitimacy of Ryan's pass to JK.

Ryan was in the act of kicking at the k in the first of the bankwest signs and JK marks it at the s two signs later.

If someone wants to measure the signs, Ok. I actually think it was fine and over 15 m.

It almost feels a comedown that it was legal. Pity, as it is wonderful hearing the moans and complaints from Swan St.

1623630250171.png
1623630571228.png

Sorry to intrude but if you can’t see how that umpiring assisted you to win then you have a problem. That was some of the worst I have seen for a long time.
it was pretty bad, but it was bad both ways - there were a number of htb decisions not paid and Richmond were channeling the Bulldogs with the amount of thrown handballs dished off.

We have JK, Darling, Allen up forward. Nic Nat doesn’t need to pointlessly run forward every time someone lines up

We never felt like we were in that for over 3 quarters of the game. I wrote us off and genuinely surprised we got up. Glad they did as it was the first game I've managed to watch in the last couple of weeks.

Some observations
- First time I've seen Ledwards and he is one of the first mids we have picked in ages that has genuine poise at this level. Leave him in.
- Foley was playing like Shep and plays more experienced than he is.
- Edwards starting to show good signs. Will be better with some size on him
- I feel Brander has lost his spot until someone else gets injured.
- Darling had a mare but it didn't help he was being scragged and double teamed at times.
- Natainui beast mode. Still amazes me that people say he does nothing
- Kennedy is forcing another contract. I'm still unsure about Hurn but JK could go another

Results over the next 3 rounds will determine our season. Not just ours but the current top 6 teams.

The more I see Ryan's kick, the more I think it was 15. Just because he stabbed it and it got there quickly, doesn't mean it travelled less distance.
I sit high up in level 5 down that end, so had a very clear view of it. Didn't even question the distance at the time, was wondering if JK actually held it but the replay confirmed.

Watched that quarter again on TV at home and the camera angle makes it look short, as it was zoomed in. I'm sure the broadcaster could show some other angles if they really wanted to confirm, but I suspect they will show it was clearly 15m.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just happy that the salty Tigers (led by Damien Hardon) are bitching about the legitimacy of Ryan's pass to JK.

Ryan was in the act of kicking at the k in the first of the bankwest signs and JK marks it at the s two signs later.

If someone wants to measure the signs, Ok. I actually think it was fine and over 15 m.

It almost feels a comedown that it was legal. Pity, as it is wonderful hearing the moans and complaints from Swan St.

View attachment 1154798
View attachment 1154805

Seriously though, for Dusty to have even been able to find that much space to get the ball in his hands in the final 30 seconds is beyond stupid by us. At that final center bounce all and sundry could see what was going to happen. Every eagles fan watching around me was screaming "man up Martin!!"

What happens: Nelson plays too loose, the ball ends up in Dustys hands and he has the chance to win it for them

Thankfully, it didn't cost us this time. But he should never have been afforded that much space in the first place.

[/QUOTE]
I forgot to mention Redden. Its probably due to my subtle imaginary sponsoring of him that has got him into his perfect mix of footballing and being a campaigner. Loved it when he gave it to Bolton after the HTB. Bolton got up and went after him.

I never knew how tall Redden actually is. He is hard to match up and has actually done really well this year without support. He had another great game. He also kept on getting smacked in the face by graham attempting to get rid of the ball which I found funny. He literally sucker punched redden like 5 times in a row.

Getting smashed in the WAFL has done nothing to affect the yoof's ability to step up

They must have thought this is more fun than WAFL.

Apart from that one quarter vs Adelaide, Darling is in sh*t form. Absolutely horrendous.

We need to work something out when he's getting double-teamed like that. Either move him or just tell him to suck it up because it at least allows Kennedy off the leash.

View attachment 1154798
View attachment 1154805

Yeah but for me the tiges game plan is based on 10m15 kicks being classified as legit

They do it all the time and get away with it they did it heaps last night ....at least the umps where consistent

This graphic was on TwitterView attachment 1154831

This is silly. we had momentum and dominated last 10. game over we won. the decision was close. fortune favors the brave and we were surging. This passage did not win us the game, what happened in last 10 minutes repeated entries did. Also umpires gave many 50-50 calls tigers way and had they called play on for this they would have probably needed security to leave the stadium.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back