Preview Round 14, 2021: Hawthorn v Essendon @ UTAS, Sun 3:20PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saunders in!

In this clip from his most recent game Saunders shows courage, strength, speed, skill, agility, judgement, the ability to pressure and he hits the scoreboard … though he backed his speed instead of using his left.

Could he do Morrison’s role on a wing? While he has played as a small fwd for Box Hill, he played at U18 level as a half-back and on-ball and so should have some level of endurance. If his tank is an issue then maybe we could have him spend more time on the bench and / or rotating with Moore.

Jack has played some good footy at BoxHill. I‘d think he has earned a shot ahead of Bramble (who has been injured) and Downie (who needs to get more involved), and is a better fit for the wing than Cousins (who is more suited to inside mid roles).

Saunders in!

Last edited:

Has played as a small fwd for Box Hill but played half-back and on-ball at U18 level. Could do Morrison’s role, … maybe rotating with Moore.

Jack has played some good footy at BoxHill. I‘d think he has earned a shot ahead of Bramble (who has been injured) and Downie (who needs to get more involved), and is a better fit for the wing than Cousins (who is more suited to inside mid roles).

I really want us to beat these pricks this week

Reckon bramble is a big chance to replace Morrison here. Shiels will move back inside to replace worpel in the rotation as Shiels ended up on a wing to play in place of Morrison against Sydney.

Don't see wholesale changes here. Perhaps Morris out from the head knock and Greaves/cousins as the sub
Not sure where all this bullishness for Bramble comes from. He's been injured for a month or so. Only played a small handful of BHH games and people want him straight into the seniors? If he's ready, great. Just surprised by it.

Not sure where all this bullishness for Bramble comes from. He's been injured for a month or so. Only played a small handful of BHH games and people want him straight into the seniors? If he's ready, great. Just surprised by it.
Think he was next in line before injury based on reports and was apparently close to being sub in round 1. If he's fully fit he shouldn't be far away. Maybe a few at box Hill and it will be cuz

This should be the biggest game Tassie has seen for quite some time with 2 big clubs. If the yolkals don’t come out in force to watch this one there is something wrong.
Everyone used to complain about the scheduling of interstate teams playing there all the time.
To be fair though, it will be freezing by 4:30 and dark at 5pm. The game will finish under lights and would be quite the spectacle.
There will be lucky to be 10k there in a Sunday night fixture and the locals won’t want to walk home as the fog sets in, chilled to the bone, snot dripping from the nose.... Hahaha Lonny is crap! Hahaha

Cegs stays in and will get owned by Draper and justify his position as back up only. Should be left out if Reeves is ok and kept on ice for the trade period or another last minute call up.

Saunders for Morrison is something I’d like to see. His pace on the UTas ground will stand out with the open spaces.

Burgoyne to medical sub and Brockman to get another run. Morris just doesn’t have it and the old boy is hanging on by a thread.

Honestly, I’d give Callow a run for the Lols to replace Worps. I recon he can get a few kicks against the Bombers defence and snag a couple of goals on his home deck. Scrimshaw get the minutes in the middle to cover for Worpel.

But we all know we will get the safe bet in Cegs stays in, Cousins for Worps, Nash or Hanrahan for Mossison and keep it real...
2 forced changes and you can bet there is no chance for going outside the box.

Last edited:
This should be the biggest game Tassie has seen for quite some time with 2 big clubs. If the yolkals don’t come out in force to watch this one there is something wrong.
Everyone used to complain about the scheduling of interstate teams playing there all the time.
To be fair though, it will be freezing by 4:30 and dark at 5pm. The game will finish under lights and would be quite the spectacle.
There will be lucky to be 10k there in a Sunday night fixture and the locals won’t want to walk home as the fog sets in, chilled to the bone, snot dripping from the nose.... Hahaha Lonny is crap! Hahaha

will be a sell out easily

Cegs stays in and will get owned by Draper and justify his position as back up only. Should be left out if Reeves is ok and kept on ice for the trade period or another last minute call up.

Saunders for Morrison is something I’d like to see. His pace on the UTas ground will stand out with the open spaces.

Burgoyne to medical sub and Brockman to get another run. Morris just doesn’t have it and the old boy is hanging on by a thread.

Honestly, I’d give Callow a run for the Lols to replace Worps. I recon he can get a few kicks against the Bombers defence and snag a couple of goals on his home deck. Scrimshaw get the minutes in the middle to cover for Worpel.

But we all know we will get the safe bet in Cegs stays in, Cousins for Worps, Nash or Hanrahan for Mossison and keep it real...
2 forced changes and you can bet there is no chance for going outside the box.

We won by 40 points, what need is there to go outside the box? You back the players in and hope for consistency.

I'd be genuinely worried about a coach if they made 4 changes off the back of a win as complete as we had.

In this clip from his most recent game Saunders shows courage, strength, speed, skill, agility, judgement, the ability to pressure and he hits the scoreboard … though where was his left foot.

Could he do Morrison’s role on a wing? While he has played as a small fwd for Box Hill, he played at U18 level as a half-back and on-ball and so should have some level of endurance. If his tank is an issue then have him spend more time on the bench and / or rotating with Moore.

Saunders in!

This could be a left field option, considering there is not enough senior talent of that size to replace the possible outs.
Unfortunatly for Morris he looks all at sea and just can't get into it.

Reckon bramble is a big chance to replace Morrison here. Shiels will move back inside to replace worpel in the rotation as Shiels ended up on a wing to play in place of Morrison against Sydney.

Don't see wholesale changes here. Perhaps Morris out from the head knock and Greaves/cousins as the sub
Can't see that happening. He hasn't played since round 2 and is about to play after 7 weeks out from a bad hammy. Better that he proves his fitness at Box Hill first.
Can people settle down on Callow, Jeka has dominated the VFL a league well above the SANFL and he's only had a slight taste. Callow needs to play at boxhill and dominate before he's picked.
Agree on Callow, I would think that they will want to see what he offers first at Box Hill. Don't believe you are correct on the SANFL v VFL though. SANFL have won 7 out of their last 8 rep games v VFL and WAFL. With the new VFL team structure that may change in the future.

Last edited:
ins: Downie, Cousins,
outs: Morrison (ham,), Worpel (susp.)

I think we're likely to see another debut this week- my tip would either be Downie (starting 22 debut) or Saunders. I think Downie seems a little more likely at the minute, especially because he can also have an impact closer in to the contest whereas I see Saunders being more purely on the outer given his size.
Reeves misses purely because Ceglar played arguably his best game ever.
Callow I think will debut in round 17 against Freo- get a few weeks to learn more and be in tip top shape to come in later.
This game is as 50-50 as it gets I think, but they're going to be out for blood given how we beat them in round one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worpel ban accepted.
Gees that’s disappointing for many reasons. Shouldn’t have been reported in the first place, are you meant to tackle now ensuring the opposition has both arms free? The fact there was the other tackle where Worpel himself got tackled almost identically. And the fact there was no risk of another game if we appealed and lost.

Gees that’s disappointing for many reasons. Shouldn’t have been reported in the first place, are you meant to tackle now ensuring the opposition has both arms free? The fact there was the other tackle where Worpel himself got tackled almost identically. And the fact there was no risk of another game if we appealed and lost.
has to be concussed and needs the week off

The only downside of it being in Launceston (For tasmanians) is the Timeslot. Will be a lot of people from the southern end that won't make the trip because as much as the highway has improved, it's not the worlds best drive at night time on slippery roads.

I hope our players bring boots that will give them some grip on a ground that will get dew on it after half time.

Looking forward to it, let's hope it's a sell out and we beat those Campaginers!

Worpel ban accepted.
Spineless from the club.
They must agree with the decision and also agree that the MRO is not an incompetent knob.
Allowing these decisions is ruining our game.

In this clip from his most recent game Saunders shows courage, strength, speed, skill, agility, judgement, the ability to pressure and he hits the scoreboard … though he backed his speed instead of using his left.

Could he do Morrison’s role on a wing? While he has played as a small fwd for Box Hill, he played at U18 level as a half-back and on-ball and so should have some level of endurance. If his tank is an issue then maybe we could have him spend more time on the bench and / or rotating with Moore.

Saunders in!

Holy s**t that run down smother was one of the hottest things i have seen in a long time 😍

In: Downie/Bramble, Cousins

Out: Morrison (inj), Worpel (susp)

Only the 2 forced changes, they won't mix up a winning team

Big no to Cousins. Explore other options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back