No Oppo Supporters The Sun Lounge (Suns posters only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Those coaches you mentioned would’ve given every player on the list a chance when they arrived. Dew’s biggest problem was that he rubber stamped certain players and refused to move on that position. They’re now playing good footy elsewhere and he’s trying to use salary cap restraints as an out.
We’ve seen some bloody good footy at times this year to give you hope. Maybe he can coach but I think he’ll pay dearly for his stubborness. He obviously wants us to succeed so I’m not death riding him like some.
He's doing exactly the same and with Rankine and Brodie, Fiorini etc.
Rankine can do what they do 20 times a game and he won't get dropped.
They do it once out the door.
It's driving the players crazy and l can't blame them.
He won't learn or change.

I recommend all members to contact the club today email/phone/mail and let them know your displeasure with the way things are heading once again.. seems the media spotlight hasn’t worked maybe it’s time for members to make their voices heard and it’s probably something the club isn’t used to having the members contacting them with disappointment unlike the big clubs who get hundreds contact them on weekly basis!

And if you do contact include your member number so they can see how long you’ve accepted the challenge of supporting

I recommend all members to contact the club today email/phone/mail and let them know your displeasure with the way things are heading once again.. seems the media spotlight hasn’t worked maybe it’s time for members to make their voices heard and it’s probably something the club isn’t used to having the members contacting them with disappointment unlike the big clubs who get hundreds contact them on weekly basis!

And if you do contact include your member number so they can see how long you’ve accepted the challenge of supporting

Done.

With the restrictions in QLD tightening, we could see the rest of the AFL season played out of Victoria, will be an interesting couple of days ahead.
might be a good thing for the team - they never got the chance to hub and bond like most other teams did last year.

Also done, im a foundation member and made it known I will not re up my membership next season if there is no improvement over the last 7 rounds. Something has to be done

Don’t know how we have the most members ever at this current point of time 19k? Nah don’t believe it

Its easy to do when you are spruiking $29 memberships with a scarf

Could you burn the scarf and put it on a pitchfork?

I'd need to buy a pitchfork, I'm reluctant to part with more money for this club at the moment.

Spend your money on me Flashy, I won't let you down ;)

Done, when are you coming over

stripper-pole-background-empty-pink-34824265.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That win!:D
Just so important for the boys, for Dew, for the Club, for the supporters
A really decent post bye win that sets up so many possibilities for the rest of the season
Honestly thought we were in for no wins for the rest of the year and that same old feeling of despondency but if we can approach a few of our last matches with the same bravery and conviction as we did tonight we can set ourselves up for 2022 over the coming weeks

1625196423434.png

A lot of people have asked or been curious as to why the cheer squad (SUNSCREAMERS) don't get as much energy and drive at Metricon stadium as they do at other grounds. I don't want to name and shame people despite the comment above being on a public facebook page, but it's a sense of superiority/entitlement from members who force people out or drive them away.Many many many great supporters have been and gone from the Gold Coast based cheer squad. But whenever the attention is off the small group of individuals and other people bring new/exciting ideas and energy to the area, they are alienated and bullied.

Whether or not you are all about cheer squads and the happy nuff energy they bring, it should be there for the following reasons. To cheer on the team, raise energy levels amongst the crowd and show a bit of colour. Why at grounds like Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide etc does this happen noticeably but not on the Gold Coast? Because people are allowed to cheer, make noise, celebrate and be fans of footy/SUNS. This will NOT change at Metricon Stadium for the foreseeable future whilst there are people who make comments like the above.

'Remember that the bay is the "cheer squad" bay and most of you aren't actually SUNSCREAMERS'

Basically, the message from day one at the SUNS in the AFL (I say AFL, because these people were not active fans at many games proceeding the 2011 season) is 'Please join us to make our bay look better, but don't show any more passion than we do because we have been here for XX years and it would not be fair to show us up'

For fans in other stadiums (such as Melbournes effort last night), are given the freedom to support unrestrained (within reason) and that energy reverberates around the ground. Even when heavily outnumbered. If we want to turn Metricon into a fortress, people need to take a good look at themselves, realise they are not owed anything and attitudes have to change. I hope it happens, but I wont hold my breath

View attachment 1169166

A lot of people have asked or been curious as to why the cheer squad (SUNSCREAMERS) don't get as much energy and drive at Metricon stadium as they do at other grounds. I don't want to name and shame people despite the comment above being on a public facebook page, but it's a sense of superiority/entitlement from members who force people out or drive them away.Many many many great supporters have been and gone from the Gold Coast based cheer squad. But whenever the attention is off the small group of individuals and other people bring new/exciting ideas and energy to the area, they are alienated and bullied.

Whether or not you are all about cheer squads and the happy nuff energy they bring, it should be there for the following reasons. To cheer on the team, raise energy levels amongst the crowd and show a bit of colour. Why at grounds like Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide etc does this happen noticeably but not on the Gold Coast? Because people are allowed to cheer, make noise, celebrate and be fans of footy/SUNS. This will NOT change at Metricon Stadium for the foreseeable future whilst there are people who make comments like the above.

'Remember that the bay is the "cheer squad" bay and most of you aren't actually SUNSCREAMERS'

Basically, the message from day one at the SUNS in the AFL (I say AFL, because these people were not active fans at many games proceeding the 2011 season) is 'Please join us to make our bay look better, but don't show any more passion than we do because we have been here for XX years and it would not be fair to show us up'

For fans in other stadiums (such as Melbournes effort last night), are given the freedom to support unrestrained (within reason) and that energy reverberates around the ground. Even when heavily outnumbered. If we want to turn Metricon into a fortress, people need to take a good look at themselves, realise they are not owed anything and attitudes have to change. I hope it happens, but I wont hold my breath
You guys and girls should find another bay around the ground and take up residence there (at the moment, there is a fair bit of real estate to pick from). Like an Active Support area which you see in the A-League. It may not be behind the goals, but you could still keep that energy going. The club would recognise very quickly where the most noise is coming from.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back