Preview Sydney Swans vs GWS, Metricon Sunday 18 Jul 6:10 PM - Rd 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who will Hewett shut down this week? Their midfield and clearance guns worry me but as we've proven last week our backline system is holding up well.
I reckon Rampe on Greene with Fox to come in 3rd man will be a deciding factor on how well we go.
I'd rather Fox on Greene as first option, he can follow him anywhere. Otherwise we're having to worry about handoffs when Greene moves around.

We are playing at a stadium we don't like, Metricon. We have lost the last 4 there. It is not surprising that Giants picked this one when staying in Vic faltered.

We have a pretty ordinary record against these guys lately. Earlier in the season we allowed them to dictate how the game would be played and simply bombed the ball up to either their defenders or a pack situation. We were not allowed the corridor and they insisted on playing scrappy footy. Scrap, lock the ball in them clear. That is their type of play. We do not want to be in the clinches with this mob. We need to move the ball and find options.

I hope our form holds up and we give them a spanking

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app
AFL picked this stadium.

GWS Giants

IN: Matt Flynn, Xavier O’Halloran, Stephen Coniglio

OUT: Shane Mumford, Lachie Ash, Lachie Whitfield, Bobby Hill

Sydney

IN: None

OUT: Colin O’Riordan

My maths teacher played first grade league for Manly, and he wore the shorts with long socks. He also used to shadow bat with the meter rule while we were supposed to have our heads down doing maths exercises.
I imagine Bedders like that...
Who was your Math's teacher? I probably know him...

EDIT: Never mind, answer was later in the thread...

Last edited:
Metricon and Marvel stadiums are the same length but Metricon is a bit wider. I reckon our game style will easily adapt to Metricon.

The only change I'd make is to include Rowbottom if he's 100% fit, he would help with the clearance work. Probably see someone like Bell getting dropped though. It's tough but the best teams have great depth and good players miss out.

I'm glad Mummy isn't playing as I think GWS lose a bit of confidence without him.

We won't be making changes from this unless injuries or conditions require it.

Leaving Bell in for now to what, spring a big surprise of an underdone Rowy, or COR or Stephens. Why would we bother.

I don't get why we'd have Rowy as sub if he can't play a full ressies game, so it'll be Stephens (now it's @ GC) or COR (usually would swap each week, but no ressies).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you watch the replay and pay attention to Bell's work.
You appreciate how much work the guy does.
His running and pressure.
His ability to push into lanes.
His ability to provide a outlet mark.
Plus he snavels a goal now and then.

His GPS numbers would be huge me thinks vs TOG.

Thank god against the WC when he missed after the siren was not to win it .

I don't get why we'd have Rowy as sub if he can't play a full ressies game, so it'll be Stephens (now it's @ GC) or COR (usually would swap each week, but no ressies).
I'm not sure whether that was fitness or circumstance.
I think more likely the latter.

We obviously don't play the medi-sub in the reserves and we normally pull a player out after 3 qtrs in the reserves as emergency cover in case someone goes down in the seniors warm up (requiring the designated medi-sub to play and another to take that role on the bench). I think it is likely Rowbottom was that '24th' man last week.

Rowbottom had no strapping on his knee last week and covered the ground and played well in the first 3 qtrs.

Bell has been OK, but IMO Rowbottom can do everything Bell can do, just better.

Assuming he's fit I'd have liked to see Rowbottom in for Bell this week.

Couple of super marks too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back