Review Dogs d Suns 90-79 - Rd 18, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben King is also a great Flopper for someone that is 202cm he should be embarrassed of myself

Thought our forward structure and inside 50 delivery was borderline embarrassing. Marra should be knighted for finding 3 goals among that mess.

Our mids working back harder defensively in that last half is the reason we’re banking 4 points. 1 on 1, our defenders looked vulnerable deep every time against a pretty average forward line.

Take the 4 points and move on. I think of any side in top 4-5 currently, we’ve got easily the most improvement to come.

Dominated the game for three quarters but used it poorly going inside 50 and defended poorly in the back 50 and then they were completely out worked in the last.

Bont and Smith both had a lot of it but they both butchered the ball. I thought it was Bonts worst game of year, it seemed everytime he was involved he managed to stuff it up.

Bruce, English and Naughton were all terrible in the air, the same as last week the side got killed in the air except for Keath who's holding the backline together.

The last quarter is the issue with Ugle Hagen, he was obviously far better tonight but he can't run out a full game at the moment.

Garcia has leap frogged a few in the forward line and is definitely in the best 22.

Didn't get 40 odd touches but felt like this was one of the best games Macrae has played. Kicked 2 goals, was clean, and super evasive. Barely missed a target all day.

Right now I think he's the best inside 50 kick in the game. Always to the space in front and gives it enough angle for the forward to work into. A far cry from his old dinky floaters.

If only the rest of the team was that good by foot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bailey Dale and Garcia were impressive imho.

Umps reamed us.

All in all that was atrocious.

Biggest concern for me is teams have worked out if they maintain possession through the corridor our mids are caught out between coming up to the ball or getting back to defend and cover our poor backline. We are getting caught out which results in goals out the back.

Hope it’s just a slump but pretty concerning we have dropped 8% in the last 3 weeks.

Bont is sore - don’t play him next week, replace him with Libba.

Please Bevo don’t pick Hannan over Marra again.

If we saw fit to manage Libba, I'd be very tempted to give Bont a week off right about now.
I would once top 4 is locked up

If we rest him against say Adelaide then that becomes a banana peel as they still have a few solid senior players that we can't underestimate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back