Preview Changes: R19 vs The Port Western Hawkdog Power

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm happier to lose, but now that we're in Victoria, why doesn't it revert to our away game at ballarat against dogs so that our home game against hawks is still on the table as there might not be any restrictions come weekend after this. That makes no sense, our fixture changed every half hour, but once they'd locked the dogs in, it then can't change??? That is stupid.

Straight from the AFL app site news...

“ADELAIDE and Port Adelaide will escape South Australia's lockdown and fly to Melbourne on Tuesday night after a whirlwind day where their travel plans changed multiple times.

The Power will now tackle Collingwood in Travis Boak's 300th match at Marvel Stadium on Friday night, while the Crows will face Hawthorn at Marvel Stadium on Saturday night.

It comes after SA premier Steven Marshall announced a snap seven-day lockdown on Tuesday morning with the state confirming it had recorded five cases of COVID-19.

With two games scheduled for Adelaide Oval (Port Adelaide-Collingwood and Adelaide-Hawthorn), both clubs were told at lunchtime to pack their bags for a 4pm flight out of Adelaide.”

I
I feel physically sick
Where are our ***Men *** in charge of this Club ? We are not pawns in chess ( or whatever they are called )
In a VFL dictatorship
think they stoped the showdown from occurring with no spectators on the weekend

silvers on the phone to AFL house to stop the showdown from going ahead this weekend

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel physically sick
Where are our ***Men *** in charge of this Club ? We are not pawns in chess ( or whatever they are called )
In a VFL dictatorship

Reading between the lines, it seems likely that we preferred this Victorian solution (not necessarily Hawthorn, maybe WB) to a crowdless showdown losing $500,000. I think our "man", the CEO, had something to do with this.

I feel physically sick
In a VFL dictatorship
You didn't see our fixture last year*? We are a bottom side after a massive list turnover and the AFL have to look after the other SA team which is performing.

I'm happier to lose, but now that we're in Victoria, why doesn't it revert to our away game at ballarat against dogs so that our home game against hawks is still on the table as there might not be any restrictions come weekend after this. That makes no sense, our fixture changed every half hour, but once they'd locked the dogs in, it then can't change??? That is stupid.
Yeah seems odd.

Maybe Ballarat can't host us due to COVID planning and the AFL saw this as an opportunity to set up a Doggies v Demons clash for ratings.

Look at the round before the changes and there was no standout blockbuster game. All gamesva bit meh. Now there is.

Did the actual fixture genuinely change over the day, or just media guessing and generating click bait?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Straight from the AFL app site news...

“ADELAIDE and Port Adelaide will escape South Australia's lockdown and fly to Melbourne on Tuesday night after a whirlwind day where their travel plans changed multiple times.

The Power will now tackle Collingwood in Travis Boak's 300th match at Marvel Stadium on Friday night, while the Crows will face Hawthorn at Marvel Stadium on Saturday night.

It comes after SA premier Steven Marshall announced a snap seven-day lockdown on Tuesday morning with the state confirming it had recorded five cases of COVID-19.

With two games scheduled for Adelaide Oval (Port Adelaide-Collingwood and Adelaide-Hawthorn), both clubs were told at lunchtime to pack their bags for a 4pm flight out of Adelaide.”
Were leaving a small covid hotspot for a large covid hotspot. Makes sense.:think:

Yeah seems odd.

Maybe Ballarat can't host us due to COVID planning and the AFL saw this as an opportunity to set up a Doggies v Demons clash for ratings.

Look at the round before the changes and there was no standout blockbuster game. All gamesva bit meh. Now there is.

Did the actual fixture genuinely change over the day, or just media guessing and generating click bait?

Sent from Screenshot_20210720-185551_Facebook.jpg my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Screenshot_20210720-185602_Facebook.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back