Opinion Commentary & Media V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

With all due respect to someone who I'm sure is a very good North man, this is mostly rubbish, particularly the part about Kingy. He does nothing but talk us and our youth up every time he can. When we've won this year and shown good signs, he gets noticeably excited and you can hear him trying to pull it back a bit to remain professional.

Healy's is grating sure, but he's been positive about a heap of our kids when he's commentated this year. Scott, Mahony, Thomas at various times, Simpkin, Larkey etc.

It's funny, I saw comments from * fans saying that Healy was too negative towards them and glowing about us. It'd all a matter of perspective and people get too defensive about this sort of stuff when it's mostly just harmless opinions within a game.

You go Jimmy, jokes on them. 22 years since our last GF appearance . Stuck it up 'em when they said we'd finish near last but managed ninth.
Gerard was quite good to us against *. Kingy wasn't bad either, you or a fair chunk of supporters need to remove the chip of their shoulder. It's getting embarrassing

You go Jimmy, jokes on them. 22 years since our last GF appearance . Stuck it up 'em when they said we'd finish near last but managed ninth.
Gerard was quite good to us against *. Kingy wasn't bad either, you or a fair chunk of supporters need to remove the chip of their shoulder. It's getting embarrassing
I don't have a chip however the overall standard of TV commentary is absolutely garbage. Most of the time I have it on mute anyway.

I don't have a chip however the overall standard of TV commentary is absolutely garbage. Most of the time I have it on mute anyway.

Unfortunately in our position we will always attract negative commentary as we are in 18th . You watch the change when we reverse the ladder position. These commentators commentate to the ladder position as it’s easy for them to do that.
Guys like Healy and Russell only commentate for their jobs , they are not controversial or back the underdog they go with the flow

With all due respect to someone who I'm sure is a very good North man, this is mostly rubbish, particularly the part about Kingy. He does nothing but talk us and our youth up every time he can. When we've won this year and shown good signs, he gets noticeably excited and you can hear him trying to pull it back a bit to remain professional.

Healy's is grating sure, but he's been positive about a heap of our kids when he's commentated this year. Scott, Mahony, Thomas at various times, Simpkin, Larkey etc.

It's funny, I saw comments from * fans saying that Healy was too negative towards them and glowing about us. It'd all a matter of perspective and people get too defensive about this sort of stuff when it's mostly just harmless opinions within a game.
This! Never understood the hatred towards Healy somI actually listened carefully during the game and didn’t hear anything. I’ve just gone back and watched the first quarter writing down when he made a positive comment about us, negative against us, and the same for *.
Results:
Positive towards us: 20 times
Negative towards us: 9
Positive towards *: 6
Negative towards *: 6

You guys hear what you want to hear, and as with lots of “analysis“ on here the bias towards us makes it rubbish. Open your eyes and ears people.

This! Never understood the hatred towards Healy somI actually listened carefully during the game and didn’t hear anything. I’ve just gone back and watched the first quarter writing down when he made a positive comment about us, negative against us, and the same for *.
Results:

You guys hear what you want to hear, and as with lots of “analysis“ on here the bias towards us makes it rubbish. Open your eyes and ears people.
You really need another outlet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Results:

I think Healy is a ********.
I thought that 6 times each quarter.
I just thought about it again now, twice.

With all due respect, the whole if you don't like it response is bullshit. Our team also provides content that pays his wage.
I don’t like it, but there’s not a great deal we can do about it beyond complaining. His backhanded comments are usually downers for me anyway. Muting is the most immediate realistic response.

Roughly 14min in, "Heather" from Ringwood talking to Healy about North

Build heather a statue - bloody brilliant and on point.
Bias commentary is a cancer on the game. Just call what you see not some crap you premeditate.

Why would you hate someone that likes us so much?
Well, in my opinion, I don’t feel, and have never felt, he “likes us” at all. He’s been dismissive of north for years. I think he’s an arrogant commentator who struggles to hide his bias. But he’s not alone there. I cringe whenever I hear his voice calling our games. He’s my least favourite commentator, but he‘s got a few mates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back