MRP / Trib. 2021 MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn unsociable Buddy would be guaranteed to get time on the pine.... Sydney Swan Harbourside NWS attention on AFL Buddy, flip a coin. Lockett when at StKilda was painted as a brute by the media, once he went to Sydney how the narrative changed. Buddy has added many new legendary layers I never knew existed once he went to NSW.

He's a dirty filthy grub ..
I supposed when you're a protected species you get away with sh*t like he has most of his career.
The problem with Buddy and Dusty isn't what they're doing, but that they're umpired inconsistently. Buddy in his first 5-6 seasons used to get pinged for high contact fend offs one week and reported for a bump or an elbow, and be allowed to do more or less what he wants the following week (and kick 7-8 goals in the process). He'd usually get reported in the third term after conceding 4-5 frees and looking unbelievably frustrated.

If he was umpired consistently - as in, everyone could get away with what he does, or he cannot get away with it every week - he'd either be allowed to play as he wants, or he'd have to change how he plays to suit how he's umpired. But it never happened, so he's allowed to get away with it some weeks.

And, as we all know, running the risk of being caught makes said behaviour more attractive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

buddy cops a week - can downgrade to a fine with a guilty plea.............

Buddy averages more goals against * than any other team....A full 40% more goals per game than he averages vs the rest of the comp.

I'll contribute to his fine, if necessary...

AFL would love in another COVID hit year to have viewer$ tune into Swans games in anticipation of the 1000! Also not too big of crowds to have to control running onto the field when he kicks it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back