Gaming Madden 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe they are taking the fact Tau is throwing to him that’s got drop anyone’s ratings 😃

More like it sounds as tho EA think Watson is already in Miami if Waddle is #1.

Madden has no 99 edge rushers

Posted by Mike Florio on July 27, 2021, 9:26 AM EDT

The folks at Madden are publishing on a daily basis the initial ratings at the various positions for the upcoming edition of the game. (For those of us who play Ultimate Team, all that matters is our collection current and historical 99s will soon give way to 59s. Again.)

At edge rusher, the folks at EA Sports have spotted no 99s.

Myles Garrett of the Browns ranks first with a 98. Next comes Khalil Mack of the Bears, at 96. Steelers linebacker T.J. Watt is third at 94. Chandler Jones of the Cardinals (for now) is fourth, also at 94. Next comes J.J. Watt of the Cardinals, who is a lot more than an edge rusher, at 94.
Cam Jordan of the Saints is sixth at 93, Broncos linebacker Von Miller is seventh at 93. The Bosa brothers, Joey and Nick of the Chargers and 49ers, respectively, are eight and ninth, respectively, with a 92 and 90, respectively. Then comes Za'Darius Smith of the Packers, at 89.

Watt arguably should be higher. Trey Hendrickson, now of the Bengals and who had 13.5 sacks last year (tied for No. 2 in the NFL), could feel snubbed. Ditto for Haason Reddick, now of the Panthers.

And where’s Chase Young of the WFT? Sure, he had only eight sacks as a rookie. But he won the defensive player of the year award, and there’s no reason to think he won’t be great this year.

Ultimately meaningless, these rankings take on meaning to the extent that they give players a little extra external motivation.

And where’s Chase Young of the WFT? Sure, he had only eight sacks as a rookie. But he won the defensive player of the year award, and there’s no reason to think he won’t be great this year.
Defensive rookie of the year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a great year off I heard....

Yea, suddenly changed from purely a run stuffer to being able to rush the QB like a beast obviously. Vikings fans should be super excited about this incredible transformation in skill level.

FWIW he was a 92 with the Ravens 2 yrs ago and a 91 last year

Ridiculous. Shows how flawed Madden ratings are. A DT who cant rush the QB should never have a rating above 80

I don't really think the ratings play much into effect anyway. As long as the player has speed, you're good on offence. And you want fast guys on D to keep up with the speed in the pass game. The rest of the stats are nice but I've never really found it to affect the way I play a game on the sticks.

Its like they haven't updated his ratings from 2 years ago (he was sh*t in 2019 because he overate in the off-season, and then sat out 2020)

He was actually really good in 2018

I don't think Kawaan Short was rated that high, ever. Theres no possible way you can convince me Pierce was a better DT than Short in their prime.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back