FTA-TV Footy Classified

Remove this Banner Ad

I am a fan of "Llordo" - mainly because he was my favourite player growing up. But what irks me about him is how far he's tried to distance himself from Essendon as a club, especially since the saga and our general shitness for the last 10+ years.

Didn't want to support and stick up for the club at its low, but would happily jump back on the bandwagon when (and if) we start winning again. He might even get his intro changed from 5 time AA to Essendon Champion Forward or something.
It's because he doesn't want to appear biased in the meedja like all the other *******s that clearly are so he goes allllll the way to the opposite extreme whilst the same mouthbreathers he's trying to convince he's not biased still call him biased.

Slow clap 'Llordo'.

Matthew Lloyd is fantastic doesn’t take himself seriously but is very measured - not driven by clicks. He will give a whack and a big one where he thinks necessary and really believes it - just a great media performer. And unlike flogs like David King actually was a proper great of the game

Last edited:
It's because he doesn't want to appear biased in the meedja like all the other *******s that clearly are so he goes allllll the way to the opposite extreme whilst the same mouthbreathers he's trying to convince he's not biased still call him biased.

Slow clap 'Llordo'.
Yeah I get that. He's said as much over the years. But there's a difference to being completely bias in every sense like a Riccuito and still trying to to remain impartial with a morsel of passion for your club. I think Pavlich does that well. In between both examples, there's a happy medium.

But my point wasn't really annoyed with him making that decision - I think that its fine if he keeps it constant forever. But I just think when (and if) we start winning and become a successful club again, he'll jump straight back on the bandwagon. Yet wanted nothing to do with us when were at our lows.

If you're in your lows or highs, he will be associated with Essendon in the eyes of the public because he is (and will forever be) an Essendon champion. No matter what he does, he will always be connected to Essendon. He's trying to be conspicuously distant because his new career demands it, if he is being thoroughly professional - but he's a Premiership player for you, a former captain, and wore your jumper as proudly as any of your great champions of the past. Him distancing himself from your club when he is commentating is not a sellout, or him trying to avoid being associated with any wrongdoings. He seems a very principled man to me - e.g. he turned down opportunities to promote gambling, saying he was not comfortable with it. He is just in a different role in the footy industry, and that means creating new boundaries.

If you're in your lows or highs, he will be associated with Essendon in the eyes of the public because he is (and will forever be) an Essendon champion. No matter what he does, he will always be connected to Essendon. He's trying to be conspicuously distant because his new career demands it, if he is being thoroughly professional - but he's a Premiership player for you, a former captain, and wore your jumper as proudly as any of your great champions of the past. Him distancing himself from your club when he is commentating is not a sellout, or him trying to avoid being associated with any wrongdoings. He seems a very principled man to me - e.g. he turned down opportunities to promote gambling, saying he was not comfortable with it. He is just in a different role in the footy industry, and that means creating new boundaries.

I also liked (a few weeks ago) when he spoke about his embarrassment at shamefully staging for a free-kick that resulted in a goal (please don't pile on - surely there's a different thread for that). He seemed genuinely embarrassed, like a good human being should.

I also liked (a few weeks ago) when he spoke about his embarrassment at shamefully staging for a free-kick that resulted in a goal (please don't pile on - surely there's a different thread for that). He seemed genuinely embarrassed, like a good human being should.
Couldn’t stand Matthew Lloyd when he played, hated the staging, throwing grass in the air, and he was a bloody good player which made it worse.
But have come to appreciate his take on footy and his honesty.
He is very self aware.
Contrast him with Dermott Brereton, loved him as a player, but he is probably one of the most self unaware ex players going around.

Last edited:
Did laugh at last nights show when Ed started to crap on about the Collingwood succession plan and Caro said “It’s not all about you Ed” then continued talking to Lloyd.

I love the fact that McGuire thinks viewers give two s**** about the Collingwood board, governance issues, how club elections work and who will be President. Total ego trip. Nobody gives a toss.

I love the fact that McGuire thinks viewers give two s**** about the Collingwood board, governance issues, how club elections work and who will be President. Total ego trip. Nobody gives a toss.

At some point Eddie lost touch with reality - I remember in my younger days I liked him he seemed humble a great character himself but an even better foil for Sam.

I remember the last couple of years before JB and Garry when he hosted TFS it was still good just wasn’t as fun anymore and I fell in love with the footy show again when he left in 2006.

The last few years he has just become
Totally intolerable - so self unaware absolute tosser with his connections and his “I know everything about everything attitude” etc. I still enjoy Monday footy classified but I really struggle with Wednesday and that is only because of Ed.

Yeah I get that. He's said as much over the years. But there's a difference to being completely bias in every sense like a Riccuito and still trying to to remain impartial with a morsel of passion for your club. I think Pavlich does that well. In between both examples, there's a happy medium.

But my point wasn't really annoyed with him making that decision - I think that its fine if he keeps it constant forever. But I just think when (and if) we start winning and become a successful club again, he'll jump straight back on the bandwagon. Yet wanted nothing to do with us when were at our lows.
You could be Dwayne Russel that shits on your club from space to try not seem bias.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

At some point Eddie lost touch with reality - I remember in my younger days I liked him he seemed humble a great character himself but an even better foil for Sam.

I remember the last couple of years before JB and Garry when he hosted TFS it was still good just wasn’t as fun anymore and I fell in love with the footy show again when he left in 2006.

The last few years he has just become
Totally intolerable - so self unaware absolute tosser with his connections and his “I know everything about everything attitude” etc. I still enjoy Monday footy classified but I really struggle with Wednesday and that is only because of Ed.

How many times have we heard since he was dumped as President 'Look, I'm out of it (the Presidency and Collingwood), I'm just a supporter, I'll leave it to those in charge....but...(precedes to go on 10 minute rant about the club and its issues).'

I've been meaning to write this for ages: (ha) in my opinion, among the ex-players in the media, Lloyd has probably been the biggest pleasant surprise. In fact, it's more like shock. :roflv1: I also didn't like him much when he was playing. He sounded a bit dopey (still does a bit), had a permanent dead fish facial expression, and most of all, it shitted me how much he fell over after taking marks -- oh yeah, and his infamous diving 'period'.

Unlike most ex-players, he didn't spend the first five years of his media career sitting on the fence, and he seems to really do his homework on all the players and stats, etc, which can't be said for all of them. I thought he was first employed by Ch 9 for eye candy, but I was wrong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am a fan of "Llordo" - mainly because he was my favourite player growing up. But what irks me about him is how far he's tried to distance himself from Essendon as a club, especially since the saga and our general shitness for the last 10+ years.

Didn't want to support and stick up for the club at its low, but would happily jump back on the bandwagon when (and if) we start winning again. He might even get his intro changed from 5 time AA to Essendon Champion Forward or something.
So you like provincial parochial morons who back their "tribe" and ignore all facts???

You'd make a great a Nazi.

So you like provincial parochial morons who back their "tribe" and ignore all facts???

You'd make a great a Nazi.
You completely missed the point - and talk about a stretch. Thinking someone will eventually reappear supporting the club they barrack for when they start winning is a Nazi.

WTF 😂 Dickhead.

You completely missed the point - and talk about a stretch. Thinking someone will eventually reappear supporting the club they barrack for when they start winning is a Nazi.

WTF 😂 Dickhead.
No i didn't miss the point.
You don't like Lloydo because he wasn't drinking the Kool aid like rest of the bombers fans when you were cheating and injecting kids with heaven knows what.
Now ur trying to backtrack or dodge it.

No i didn't miss the point.
You don't like Lloydo because he wasn't drinking the Kool aid like rest of the bombers fans when you were cheating and injecting kids with heaven knows what.
Now ur trying to backtrack or dodge it.
Literally the first thing I said was that I am a Llordo fan.

My point was - if he wants to remain impartial, then fair play to him. But when we start winning again, I don't want to see him jump on the bandwagon.

As for your Nazi reference - you're an idiot. Read carefully and don't embarrass yourself again. Thanks bub.

I've been meaning to write this for ages: (ha) in my opinion, among the ex-players in the media, Lloyd has probably been the biggest pleasant surprise. In fact, it's more like shock. :roflv1: I also didn't like him much when he was playing. He sounded a bit dopey (still does a bit), had a permanent dead fish facial expression, and most of all, it shitted me how much he fell over after taking marks -- oh yeah, and his infamous diving 'period'.

Unlike most ex-players, he didn't spend the first five years of his media career sitting on the fence, and he seems to really do his homework on all the players and stats, etc, which can't be said for all of them. I thought he was first employed by Ch 9 for eye candy, but I was wrong
Tonight was funny.
Lloyd complaining about Caro being sarcastic of his comments being too coloured by his Essendon background.
This is right after Lloyd put Draper and Stringer as a top 4 starting midfield alongside Parish and Merrett.

Tonight was funny.
Lloyd complaining about Caro being sarcastic of his comments being too coloured by his Essendon background.
This is right after Lloyd put Draper and Stringer as a top 4 starting midfield alongside Parish and Merrett.
To be fair it was top 5

Why the hell did Lordo get so worked up by Caro haha

Classic dummy spit by Matthew Lloyd.
Would he have gotten so worked up if that was Hutchy or a man who dared to suggest he was being too one eyed?

Then later in the show after he has almost cried while saying how much he hates sarcasm, he comes out and defends Hardwick and his snarkiness at press conferences.

Quite the Karen moment from Lloydy

Last edited:
Then later in the show after he has almost cried while saying how much he hates sarcasm, he comes out and defends Hardwick and his snarkiness at press conferences.

Where was Hardwick sarcastic?

Many years ago Frank Sinatra made a famous observation about Australian journalists and Caro entered that territory when she speculated about Hardwick’s private life without knowing the facts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back