Autopsy AFL 2021 Finals Week 1 - EF1 Dogs v Bombers Sun August 29th 3:30pm EST (Uni of Tas)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 35 27.8%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 15 11.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You guys played on the edge and push the boundaries. It’s a game style issue IMO
Yes, umpiring caused a goalless last half...haha!
4-5 goal advantage - mostly in the first half. Not easy to peg back in the rain.

Two Weightman frees were line ball (almost never get paid in finals)
Two were 100% wrong - running into Draper's arm, and getting bumped as he handballed. Shiel deliberate was 100% wrong as well. Hannan first goal he dropped the ball after having prior. That's our whole score right there

Pretty deflating if you ask me. Dogs were the better side and deserved to win, I'm somewhat thankful it wasn't a 2016 prelim or GF scenario.

Not from directly in front 20 out though.
He kicked one from 30 out directly in front from a free kick that was clearly correct.
He kicked one from the boundary was dubious.
He kicked two from 20m directly in front, only one that was dubious.

All four were dubious one in fact was just out right cheating.
First goal he was blatantly dragged down without it.
Second goal he ran into Draper with his head, umpire didn't see the whole thing clearly and thought Draper contributed to the contact.
Third goal he was blatantly dragged down in the marking contest by an Essendon player who had lost his footing.
Fourth goal he was bumped towards the fence when the ball was already out of play, umpire thought it was worse than it was.

second and fourth were dubious but people are pretty harsh on the umpires - they get one look at it and have to make a call.

Second goal he ran into Draper with his head, umpire didn't see the whole thing clearly and thought Draper contributed to the contact.
Third goal he was blatantly dragged down in the marking contest by an Essendon player who had lost his footing.
Fourth goal he was bumped towards the fence when the ball was already out of play, umpire thought it was worse than it was.

second and fourth were dubious but people are pretty harsh on the umpires - they get one look at it and have to make a call.
He fell into Gleeson's lap. You don't know what dragging means or you are being purposely obtuse. People are harsh because you don't pay soft frees unless you're 100% sure - especially in a final. That's 3 goals right there, not including Shiel's love tap and Hannan's drop.

4-5 goal advantage - mostly in the first half. Not easy to peg back in the rain.

Two Weightman frees were line ball (almost never get paid in finals)
Two were 100% wrong - running into Draper's arm, and getting bumped as he handballed. Shiel deliberate was 100% wrong as well. Hannan first goal he dropped the ball after having prior. That's our whole score right there

Pretty deflating if you ask me. Dogs were the better side and deserved to win, I'm somewhat thankful it wasn't a 2016 prelim or GF scenario.
The numbers don’t really matter it’s whether they were there or not. I’d say weightman got a lucky one and Essendon got a lucky one from a 50 against Young (I think the bloke kicked it could be wrong)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's your biased opinion. I'm a neutral supporter and for me it was:
1st goal was probably a free kick.
2nd goal was soft and innocuous. Non-call...especially in a final.
3rd goal was too soft. Weightman basically engaged the wrestle himself and fell backwards to sell the contact. Also not a free in a final. Weightman could've stayed upright if he wanted to.
4th goal was the worst of the lot. Basically a corrupt call and that was proof. Since when aren't you allowed to push somebody. Horrendous.

That's your biased opinion. I'm a neutral supporter and for me it was:
1st goal was probably a free kick.
2nd goal was soft and innocuous. Non-call...especially in a final.
3rd goal was too soft. Weightman basically engaged the wrestle himself and fell backwards to sell the contact. Also not a free in a final. Weightman could've stayed upright if he wanted to.
4th goal was the worst of the lot. Basically a corrupt call and that was proof. Since when aren't you allowed to push somebody. Horrendous.
I think your continuous posting about all things Bulldogs across numerous threads makes it pretty clear you’re far from neutral.

Well that was a dose of reality for the bombers, quite a flogging in the end ..but i'm sure if they got a few more frees they would have won.
Dose of reality? Lol

We exceeded the expectations of most after a disaster of an off season. Making finals was just a bonus. Bit unlucky coming up against the dogs in pouring rain given they're contested ball line up.

Found a few stars in Draper and parish too. A disappointing end, but more than a pass mark for the season for a young side.

First thing we need to do is either move to the MCG or demand that the roof at Marvel stays open no matter if it’s snowing. Then the club needs to install sprinklers at the Hangar and train with them on every single day.
We have been the most pathetic wet weather side in the comp for 20 years and it’s just sickening how bad we are in the wet. Blind hack kicks forward won’t win you any games of football
It won Richmond 3 flags.. Hardwick tactical masterclass

I don't think anyone could argue that the Dogs had a favourable umpiring run, but you still have to capitalise on the calls and the chances for it to make a difference.

The Dogs were clearly the better team on the day and credit to them.
they did so well to kick goals from 30m directly in front and a standard snap where you can run around. No credit should be given for Weightman's standard goals. Most of them I would kick.

Let's say the shoe was on the other foot and Waterman from Ess got 4 cheap frees that lead to 4 free goals, would Dogs be able to peg back the lead? Highly unlikely as the momentum of the game would've completely shifted. Thats what happened in this game.

I'm glad Melbourne chose Pickett over Weightman in the draft. Pickett gets 4's from the diving judges. Weightman is straight 10's.

Hahahah yesssss I was so hoping to see you in here. I bloody love it!!!!!!
Your team is in a prelim and are probably going to win it. And yet you’re here, again, focussing on dogs free kicks. You sad sad individual haha.

Last edited:
they did so well to kick goals from 30m directly in front and a standard snap where you can run around. No credit should be given for Weightman's standard goals. Most of them I would kick.
Essendon missed a few I could've kicked today. Mooney missed a sitter in a GF. Nothing is certain. As much as it hurts, Weightman kicked four.

Stringer couldn't even kick a consolation goal at the end.

Hard to win a final when you can't kick a goal for the whole 2nd half.

didn't you hear.... it was the ump's fault

Back