• Pick 8 and 27 with 18 coming back

Votes: 41 25.3%
  • pick 8 with 18 coming back

Votes: 44 27.2%
  • 2nd round pick

Votes: 53 32.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm taking this chance to encourage everyone to vote in the two threads that are more important than spitballing about Neale

If you havent already please vote for the Board MVP and Post Of The year

Board MVP:

Post of the Year

Pearce? You have got to be joking!!!!!!
Well is it such a bad idea? If you knew hamling would stay fit from here on..
pearce plus a second rounder for Neale?
Just trying to think of list balance. Also I don’t trust Pearce to stay fit long term.

I think i have changed my mind on this again especially when looking at it objectively.

Yes, long term it is a risk there is little doubt about that.
However, there is also a strong chance we end up with Paddy Dow with pick 6 or 8 so i am comfortable in saying i'd rather 80 games of LN then 150 of Dow.

But look at this over the next 2-3 years and for a moment forget about the fun we have speaking about Mundys age and how he will keep getting better, never slow down etc.

2022:
Cerra - 100% gone
Mundy - 15% drop-off
Fyfe - Even given he was down this year
Brayshaw - 10% improvement
Serong - 10% improvement

2023:
Cerra - 100% gone
Mundy - 30% drop off
Fyfe - Even given he was down this year
Brayshaw - 15% improvement
Serong - 20% improvement

What we are seeing here is year on year over the next two seasons is a larger drop off with our midfield group from 2021 even when considering the natural progression of our younger mids.
So the question becomes, how do you fill the gap?
Young? Possibly but he looks awfully comfortable across HB and for all intents and purposes we don't know if he has much value as a mid.
Tucker? Even if we see high end DT hes not filling the holes.
Walters? Given how he is slowing down, hes not going to be able to play FT midfield and we are already seeing regression.
Valente? Would be amazing but lets just discount this as an option until we see something.
Chapman? Never seen anything to suggest he is going to develop into a mid so again lets discount this option.

The answer really is Neale. The value he could provide short term covering not only Cerra but the potential regression from Mundy and Fyfe is invaluable and i think from the point of building a strong winning culture is worth sacrificing a top 10 pick for.

Love how this time of year, every year everyone starts to think....the draft will be our saviour!! The Cats are a team that have not really followed that too strongly and yet have had a lot of success, albeit not enough premiership wins. In a similar way to how valuable Mundy has been to fasttrack the development of players like Serong maybe Neale will also assist in this regard as another bonus to getting him.
He absolutely will IMO
Let’s say we draft .
Then we have got a team full of kids pretty much , mostly Victorians.
Keep middling around 8-10th place and see how long they last .
The club needs hope and success and the only way you get that is a good midfield .
Petracca and Oliver took 6-7 years to get to where they are from their draft and they are the main reason the Dees are competitive.
For a club that’s been going nowhere since ( forever ) 2016 I think waiting another 5-6 years for draft picks might stretch the supporters patience a little too far .

Well is it such a bad idea? If you knew hamling would stay fit from here on..
pearce plus a second rounder for Neale?
Just trying to think of list balance. Also I don’t trust Pearce to stay fit long term.

Its a bad idea for Brisbane, he has no history of stringing games together so i have no clue why they'd take a punt on him.

Even late in 2021 when he played a few games on end he was doing so under duress with a dodgy wrist.

The longer this goes the more I think it won’t happen. It may happen next year, but not this year.
This years draft has player types we need, good WA players with potential in positions we need.

Say sorry Neale, maybe next year.

I would only do a future first plus a Lobb or a 2nd.

Let's grab two top 10 picks and finish off this long tiresome rebuild......Talent not from Vic metro please.

The longer this goes the more I think it won’t happen. It may happen next year, but not this year.
This years draft has player types we need, good WA players with potential in positions we need.

Say sorry Neale, maybe next year.

I'm not sure what will happen yet but it is still very early.

I think that Lachie wants to come home and that Freo have said they will entertain it.

I think it got leaked and Lachie lost control of the story/situation.

Brisbane asks for a meeting. Lachie stalls a bit to consider a game plan. Brisbane actually reported that they were yet to make contact with him.

Brisbane and Lachie meet. He knows if he puts a trade request in straight up he will have to admit that he's completely done to them what he did to us.

Lachie talks about family pressures (that he would have discussed with them before) but leaves the door slightly ajar for Brissy. I don't think that means he's changed his mind to stay though. He's just not going to do a Weller. Neale is too smart for that.

So a period of discussions with Brissy and reflections by Neale will occur until a trade request is put in.

Unless Brissy says, you're staying no matter what, we'll see a trade request in the next week or so.

It's how Cerra handled his departure as well. Another clever operator.

I think most can see what both are/were doing though.

We just need Dayne Zorko to make a pass at Jules and tell Lachie he isn't welcome back if he isn't fully committed to the Den, complete with Mitch Robinson headbutt.

Brisbane will do everything they can to publicly suggest that Lachie Neale is welcome back to the club because as soon as the door is closed to him returning they will have to sell him for whatever we can offer.

Borders appears to be the key to the discussion. A little calming chat about Vaxx rates etc, and things change quickly.
Lolololol
Do you think they are that stupid that ‘a little chat’ will sway them? Do you not think they thought of that as they went through the process of deciding whether to stay it come home?
Lachie is a pretty astute guy, and to suggest ‘a little chat’ will change things is beyond laughable.
I’m not saying he stays or goes - I don’t know what he’ll decide - but that is ******* insulting to Lachie and Jules.
Aahhh good to start off the day with a good laugh!

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Taylor, post: 72062726, member: 82330"

Brisbane will do everything they can to publicly suggest that Lachie Neale is welcome back to the club because as soon as the door is closed to him returning they will have to sell him for whatever we can offer.[/QUOTE]

It’s also interesting that Brisbane have pretty much a full contract list this year, so draft picks in this years draft are almost useless for them, extra draft points next year, to assist with the first round Father/Son, may be of interest.

If push comes to shove!

It’s also interesting that Brisbane have pretty much a full contract list this year, so draft picks in this years draft are almost useless for them, extra draft points next year, to assist with the first round Father/Son, may be of interest.

If push comes to shove!

It is interesting, they can't sign anyone else because they won't have the minimum delistings - but they can delist contracted players and rookie list them instead.

Interesting re Duff and Quarters, I knew Neale and Kersten didn't see eye to eye, I didn't know Kersten roughed him up and slapped him around in front of his team mates.

Kersten really was an absolute blight on our football club.
There's more to the story than that. I was talking to someone very close to the club and she said Lachie went to Lyon for support after Kersten roughed him up, and Lyon told him to "harden the heck up". Apparently that was the nail in the coffin...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's more to the story than that. I was talking to someone very close to the club and she said Lachie went to Lyon for support after Kersten roughed him up, and Lyon told him to "harden the fu** up". Apparently that was the nail in the coffin...
What was the cause of the Kersten-Neale altercation?

There's more to the story than that. I was talking to someone very close to the club and she said Lachie went to Lyon for support after Kersten roughed him up, and Lyon told him to "harden the fu** up". Apparently that was the nail in the coffin...

That isn’t true. I was involved with the club at the time (supplier) and in and out a bit. The altercation happened. But Lyons response was nothing like that. In fact Shane’s ongoing dislike for Lyon and Freo stem from how he was treated after the incident.

That isn’t true. I was involved with the club at the time (supplier) and in and out a bit. The altercation happened. But Lyons response was nothing like that. In fact Shane’s ongoing dislike for Lyon and Freo stem from how he was treated after the incident.
how was shane treated.

surely he would have realised that he did the wrong thing. people generally get put into the naughty corner when they do that.

how was shane treated.

surely he would have realised that he did the wrong thing. people generally get put into the naughty corner when they do that.

exactly that - he was put in the naughty corner. I’m not saying he was treated badly. I am saying that Shane was pissed about it. So to say the club just told lachie to harden up doesn’t fit with what I know and how Shane has acted since.

From listening to podcasts I got the sense that Neale was Ross' biggest target for a bake after a bad game.

Interesting re Duff and Quarters, I knew Neale and Kersten didn't see eye to eye, I didn't know Kersten roughed him up and slapped him around in front of his team mates.

Kersten really was an absolute blight on our football club.

i know during the Neale/Fyfe era there was a time where Fyfey and Neale were calling the leadership group together holding meetings around who wasn't performing or preparing well, then going and tearing strips off them for letting the team down. Kersten was one of the main targets of their ire. At some point Kersten has obviously pushed back.

I heard from someone close to the club that Kersten had gone to Lachie's favourite shop and bought all the Milky Ways, so when Lachie went there looking for his sweet treat later that day they were all out. They told them Shane had bought them all and he was furious. So he went to Ross about it but apparently he proceeded to pull one out of a drawer and eat it in front of him.

i know during the Neale/Fyfe era there was a time where Fyfey and Neale were calling the leadership group together holding meetings around who wasn't performing or preparing well, then going and tearing strips off them for letting the team down. Kersten was one of the main targets of their ire. At some point Kersten has obviously pushed back.
surely there are better ways of handling that.

Back