Travis Boak - Over rated by our supporters?

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I've held onto this for years. I've never actually said it out loud. But I've never really rated Travis Boak that highly. Yeah he's a great guy, yeah he's a good footballer, yeah he's highly professional, he's loyal but he's just not any where close to a super star. He's too fumbly, his skills aren't that great, he never really drags us across the line. Tonight was a perfect example. Again. People lose their s**t at Ken, and rightly so, but Travis always escapes criticism.

We got smashed in the midfield. He didn't stand up. Our supporters over rate him. Massively.

I've held onto this for years. I've never actually said it out loud. But I've never really rated Travis Boak that highly. Yeah he's a great guy, yeah he's a good footballer, yeah he's highly professional, he's loyal but he's just not any where close to a super star. He's too fumbly, his skills aren't that great, he never really drags us across the line. Tonight was a perfect example. Again. People lose their sh*t at Ken, and rightly so, but Travis always escapes criticism.

We got smashed in the midfield. He didn't stand up. Our supporters over rate him. Massively.
Add those crucial goals he always misses.

I've held onto this for years. I've never actually said it out loud. But I've never really rated Travis Boak that highly. Yeah he's a great guy, yeah he's a good footballer, yeah he's highly professional, he's loyal but he's just not any where close to a super star. He's too fumbly, his skills aren't that great, he never really drags us across the line. Tonight was a perfect example. Again. People lose their sh*t at Ken, and rightly so, but Travis always escapes criticism.

I agree massively overrated. Tries hard but he is not damaging to opposition.. time to go.

He was boring vanilla tonight, but we probably had 5-6 people who won their positions tonight. Was huge to beat the dogs a month ago. He can't carry the team on his backs along with Wines.

No he didn't really stand up the best tonight. But he was still serviceable. Massively inaccurate criticism though. Even my crow-support uncle said last weekend "Boak was INCREDIBLE last year, just incredible" "And nearly as good this year".

Turn it up.

He is no Bailey smith or Libba. He is consistent just not damaging

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back